Satire Fiction posted February 19, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
nothing new

New day, same bullshit

by Iza Deleanu

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.


Just pick up the pieces. Good! Now follow the trail! No! Don't turn back, just go forward. I feel like stupid Gretel trying to get out of the forest, but I am too scared to turn and take a pick. I know I hold something important and ancient in my hands, something that will cure this world from chaos. I don't know how or when.

They told me: just pick up the pieces and run. I finally reached the red brick cottage. I stopped in front of the house and wait. I finally see the flash light. Okay, waiting for the signal. I had to wait for three short flashes. Okay, one, two free. I opened the door and waited. A masked man approached me.

"Do you have them?"

"Yes."

"Okay, now slowly give them to me."

He opened his palm expectantly. I opened my fist, and I let go of the pieces. I finally see. The whole time I carried three pieces of blue and red ceramic; seems to be part of an amulet.

Excitedly he took the pieces and exclaimed: "At least. The final ingredient to open the portal and be the Lord of the World."

Disgusted I left. New day, same bullshit! Some people are caring only about themselves. Yup, nothing new under the sun. So pick up the pieces and go back to your own life! No more secret missions for the riches.


 



What Happened? writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story that starts with: "Just pick up the pieces..."
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.