Supernatural Fiction posted February 16, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Greg and his shadow

A new life

by Iza Deleanu

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.

"Come on lady, sit down, we can't see a thing."

"And if I don't, what?"

"I will come, and make you sit."

"I dare you! Come and try."

The angry man walked to the first row and tried to grab her by the wrist, but his hands got all mushy-mushy in the air.

'What the heck are you?"

"Told ya! I am your conscience buddy, wherever you go, I will follow."

"To what do I owe the honor?"

"You killed me mother fucker, so I will be your shadow until your last breath."

"Maybe, I should kill you one more time, what do you say?"

"You can try, but I am out, so catch me if you can."

"Wait a minute. How did I kill you? I have not killed anybody before, or maybe some annoying mosquitoes."

"You killed me in your last book when you got too bored to write a new novel about me, the famous psychic that was discovering all the bodies. You killed me just like that, with the stroke of your pen."

"Oh, man this is so Steven King. Please forgive me, I just wanted to change the scenery and write some poetry. I just got stuck and dried out. I swear to you, I had no intention to write another mystery book and I had to symbolically close this chapter by removing you from the scene."

"The problem boss is that by doing so you released me from your book to hunt you."

"I'll live with that, what can you do to me?"

The ghost shrieked and caught his neck and start pulling with iron muscles. Greg soon realized that he would die if he would not do something, so he started to scramble for air and search frenetically for some kind of tool to cut her hands or something."

"Greg, stop fighting. I want to have your life, but for that, you must die!"

Slowly he felt like life was drowning out of him. Then he felt nothing, and a deep silence engulfed his soul. Then he felt her. She pushed him out and made herself at home. She knew would not be easy to take over his life but was sure that she will manage; she got so much knowledge from his books. Bye, bye Greg, the show must go on!

In the meantime Greg was sitting in the corner of the room watching as his life was erased, breath by breath. Spoked, he thought of himself, soon I will be the ghost.

She shrieked for one last time: Who's the GHOST now, mother fucker?






 



Ghost Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a Ghost Story. No limit on the word count. No poetry.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.