Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted February 14, 2021 Chapters:  ...74 75 -76- 77... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
An Empathy Slacker

A chapter in the book The Two of Me

A Frozen Cold Soul

by QC Poet

 

 

Cold as ice flowing through my veins when it helps make me feel bold,
Cold cash from a small gold stash brashly sold for lost money doled,
Cold
 are those fast dancing answers given when I'm rapidly being polled!
Cold needs a
 warm band-aid to freeze a bleed the lying costs has tolled?

Cold is a blank poker stare without glare on a great hand I won't fold!
Cold
 as a broken pledge to boost a bets hedge into some bar type of gold!
Cold
 went that freak hot betting streak turning a honey pot into mold!
Cold
 was that slight smirk shown throwing dice when Snake Eyes I rolled.

Cold could be a feeling I'm dealing with as a result of being bought and sold?
Cold and gone high standards I pandered as they meandered from my hold!
Cold as I behold the gambled fortune foretold by never doing what I'm told?
Cold as the cockles of my Soul once burning since it froze and I've gotten old?

 




A Frozen Cold Soul
2/13/2021
By; Chochee Medina
(A.K.A) George Martinez / QC Poet
An Empathy Slacker

Notes;
Photo Credit to; Author's photo taken at Binion's on the Las Vegas Strip.

This was the Oldest challenge unfinished left I found on my list.

Write a free verse about 'COLD' in any way you can imagine. It's not limited to weather or illness. Let's see what things we can come up with.
No deadline.

Definitions;
1. Pandered; verb: yield (to); give satisfaction to
2. Meandered; noun: a curve in a stream. (verb): to move or cause to move in a sinuous, spiral, or circular course
3. Cockles; the core of one's being usually used in the phrase warm the cockles of the heart.

From Wordhippo.com = The past tense of toll is tolled.
https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/the-past-tense-of/toll.html

Club entry for the "Cold" event in "The Fabulous Free Versers Club".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. QC Poet All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
QC Poet has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.