Children Fiction posted February 13, 2021 Chapters:  ...18 19 -20- 21 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
book blurb for the bak of the book

A chapter in the book The Great Zombie Escape

Book blurb

by DeboraDyess




Background
Escape from Zombie Island is a middle-grade chapter book of 23,887 words (right now!) and 10 chapters. Like I said, editing is NEARLY done...We'll see where the word count ends up when I'm ACTUALLY do
Hi, y'all!
I've changed the name of the book to 'Escape from Zombie Island' and have almost completed the editing process. I have discovered that writing a book blurb is almost as tough as writing a book! I decided to post this as a chapter just to get some input and suggestions from those of you who have (and may at some point) read the story. :)
I"m posting this with a book banner, so if you'd like to read or scan the chapters, you will get 'paid' just a bit, but it's better than nada. :)
Would this and the cover encourage you to pick this book up and purchase it for a kiddo in your life?
I'm going to be reaching out to those of you who read to see if you'd be interested in writing an Amazon review, so be prepared! lol
So...here goes...


A zombie apocalypse at Camp Atoll? How could such a thing happen at an exclusive summer camp for kids?

Campers Anna, Marco, Isabel, and Randall don't have time to wonder about that. They're too busy trying to stay alive. After escaping the nightmare of Fun Village, home of most of the camp's coolest activities, the foursome discovers that the entire area is swarming with the dread-undead!

Their only hope for rescue is the helipad, a whopping 18-miles across the island. They'll have to use all their skills and smarts to avoid the determined brain-suckers and get away. But will that be enough as they deal with zombies, injuries, and the most terrifying journey they can imagine? And, the scariest thought of all,  will help be there when they arrive?

If you're a #WalkingDead family, Escape from Zombie Island will introduce your young readers to the world of the creeper on their own level, both academically and emotionally. Our heroes use items at hand -- skateboards, bowling balls, bow-and-arrows, and lots of teamwork -- to avoid the dangers they encounter. Fans of #TheLastKidsOnEarth will fall in love with the daring foursome of Atoll Island and maybe learn a thing or two about loyalty, fearlessness, and ingenuity.





















 




If you haven't read the book, the book banner certificate will pay .10 for each chapter your scan and comment on. Hope you enjoy!
The blurb was a tough thing for me to write...Please be honest and NOT kind. :)
Blessings and stay warm, Fanstorians!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. DeboraDyess All rights reserved.
DeboraDyess has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.