Satire Fiction posted February 5, 2021 Chapters:  ...85 86 -87- 88... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
vaccine contra a fee

A chapter in the book The Corona saga

Greed

by Iza Deleanu


Show me some money, honey. Eureka, I discovered why Coronella is lurking on our existential background since the end of 2019. She's in for the money. She came and found us unprepared and triple charged us. Remember the toilet paper crisis? Let's not forget to add to the list: masks, gloves, disinfectants, antibacterial soap, food, etc.

Then we were short on essential such as: seeing your doctor in person. I don't know about you, but in Canada all the family physicians become Oracles. Viva Le Google! All your symptoms solved with a mighty prescription, over the phone of course. Unfortunately the prescription didn't come with the common disclaimer: you take it, but you might not get the results you were hoping for and surprise, surprise might land you in ICU. Oh, wait. ICU become the Holy Grail for the health system, just people kissed by Cornella could park there, the rest scoot.

Coronella put all treatments on hold; no cancer treatments, no surgeries, no hip replacement. Just imagine the joy to be locked in, and also not be able to move because of your joint pain.

I know for some of you travelling it's not essential. But for my wellbeing it's crucial. Try our Canadian winters, especially in the west, and you will wish to become instantly a Canadian goose and fly somewhere hotter.

Coronella gave full rights to the governments around the world to lock us, beat us and fine us for trying to sneak out and just breathe.

Cornella is playing now days at a different level. Now, she got "Santa's little helpers, aka new streams that is driving us nachos and make us question the greatest addition to this pandemic: the vaccines.

Greed is everywhere. Out there are people that are taking advantage of the suffering and fear and started to call seniors on the phone telling them to make an appalment for vaccination contra a fee. I don't know how it is in other countries, but in Canada we will not pay for this vaccine, the government is taking care of the cost.

Greed is a good ally for Miss Coronella, and as long as the two reign together, you can kiss good bye the cure. Greed it's in our DNA and she got access to it. So, yeah let's make some money, honey... and hope we live to spend it all.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.