General Fiction posted January 28, 2021 Chapters:  ...26 27 -28- 29... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Liz & Linda tell about the healing dreams they had

A chapter in the book Traffic

Telling of the dreams

by Liz O'Neill




Background
Liz & Linda tell about the dreams they had in the previous chapter

As the three occupants in Tommy's Honda Accord became aware of where they were, stretching and groaning could be heard. All of them had had dreams that spoke of their daytime passion and preoccupation.  

Linda had always spoken of her desire to meet Jesus in a dream. "It has just never happened. I don't know why." There was always a sadness to her tone whenever she shared it with Liz.

Liz was committed to the health of Mother Earth as she daily stared at the scars left by humans. This dream allayed her fears. She had become aware that Earth Mother is indomitable. There are losses, sure; but there is a healing that follows.

Since Tommy found out about what had happened to his sister Sage, he had been beating himself up, emotionally. His dream that brought him to the barred window keeping his sister from freedom and safety, had helped heal and free him. He knew even though he had not been able to be present for the rescue, he had been there in the spirit of his sister's heart.

"Whoa, it's light. We must have slept the whole night. I feel human again." Liz stretched one arm, then the other.

Linda couldn't contain herself. "I had the most glorious dream. I---"

"Wait a minute, let's get something to eat before we jump into our dreamscapes." It was as if Tommy had studied his new friends long enough to know their descriptions would go on at length, and he was hungry and wanted to avoid sharing the details of his dream. He wasn't sure why but knew his resistance was real. He reached down to his right on the floor. "What does everyone want? We've got plenty of everything. Anything you especially liked?"

Liz and Linda grinned big knowing grins at each other. They did love their sweets. When Liz went up to Linda's, they'd have delicious delicacies. Linda always enjoys treating Liz to marvelous maple bread pudding. Now that's a true friend. She made sure it had lots of Vermont Maple syrup in it and of course, they added just a little more as they sat down to savor a steaming bowl of it. 

They were going to ask for the yummy air fryer mini apple pies, and mini pecan pies; but decided to have some real food first. They remembered the juicy Swedish meatballs, air fryer stuffed mushrooms, and sausage balls. "We'll have all three." Liz's mouth was watering.

"Don't you want some kale chips?" 

Linda said, "Sure."

Liz wasn't as crazy about veggies as Linda. "No, this will be plenty, thank you." A meal two days in a row was exciting.

Tommy handed them each a plate and plastic ware, followed by the dishes of foods requested. They were confident these would be topped off with sweet desserts. Tommy filled his plate when they returned the container to him.

************

There was a comfortable quiet as everyone enjoyed their brunch.  "It looks like others got our idea from last night. They realize just like I have, that we're not getting into Billings. So we might as well eat up."

Linda kept going over her dream in her mind; she did not want to forget anything. She wanted to be able to tell them everything.
 
Liz was rehearsing her dream. She needed to get it right.

Tommy was hoping he'd soon find out if the two older ladies reported by his mother to have been the rescuers, were indeed, sitting in his backseat. Yet, he wasn't sure he wanted to know. He wasn't convinced he was ready to handle the reality. If they were the ones, it would make the whole traumatizing experience real. It would no longer be merely a terrible story related to him about his sister and nine teens.

It must be them. The timing is perfect. Besides, why are they wandering around all of these cars? It sounded to him, as if they had not eaten or slept much. The fact they mysteriously showed up around his car, showed him Wolf brought them together for the purpose of guidance. He was sure it wasn't coyote tricking them all.

Expressive energy demands release. Both Liz and Linda were bursting at the seams to tell about their dreams. But they were being polite.

Tommy was conscious he might just be putting the whole thing off as he offered the desserts to everyone. This'll take up some time, stall a little.

He knew how the blocking of feelings showed up for him, in his back. He had absolutely no desire to get a backache. It was feeling good except for his having sat in a car since early yesterday morn.

Tommy was certain some Elders had more aches and pains from living long lives of  holding in their emotions and the stress resulting. That's why he loved cooking, the healthiest release of his pent-up stagnation. Much like the swamp Liz sank into, he could sink deep if he weren't always conscious of what was going on with him.

He knew sooner or later, he was going to have to give the word for the flood gates to be thrust open. The ladies were champing at the bit to tell about their dream. He kind of hoped they would go on and on, delaying his having to tell the gory details. The image of his bloody hands haunted him.


After everyone seemed satisfied with the delicious dessert, Tommy said, "Well, Linda, I think you have a dream to tell us about."

Linda was so excited to tell of her wonderful dream, she sat forward. As she began speaking, Grandfather Sun shone his face on hers. She became radiant as she related the soft white angel feathers and most importantly, seeing Jesus looking lovingly upon her. The other two were very moved by this vision. Liz had goosebumps hearing of Linda's new sense of freedom. 

When she felt she's told everything just as it had happened; she motioned for Liz to go next. Her friend paused for a moment of reverence for the religious experience she'd just heard Linda share with them.

Liz smiled and gestured dramatically in the cramped space with her hands, arms, and entire body to emphasize how free her dream had made her feel.

Both had elaborated at length as Tommy had anticipated. He thought this was a perfect segue for them to tell one more of their adventures. He invited them to do so.

Linda deferred to Liz who began with a disclaimer. "I'm only going to tell a little bit of the beginning, as it is a long journey we went on. I will say, I could never have endured it without my dear friend Linda at my side."

Liz was becoming distracted but continued with intermittent pauses. Tommy was visibly moved by the poignant recitation. Try as he might, he could not stop the continual tears streaming down his cheeks. He pulled his knees-up, put his tremoring hands over his face, leaned his head down, and began to sob.     

 




References are made to happenings in Chapter 3 & 4.

Character List Reviewed

Liz & Linda are best friends the ladies who rescued 10 Native teens from a house holding them in a trafficking operation
The 2 ladies have been walking to get to a garage for their dead car.
Liz is very focused on Native Indian issues and spirituality
Linda is devoted to her religious beliefs
Tommy is a Native American gentleman who invited them into his car to eat and rest.
Sage is one of the girls rescued. We find out she is Tommy's sister. Liz & Linda do not know that yet, nor does he know they are the rescuers.


I'd like to acknowledge eileen0204 for their picture that suits my theme very well. This book is about the adventures of Liz & Linda in Montana. Most of the adventures are related to the fact that they are close to the Crow Nation Reservation.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by eileen0204 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Liz O'Neill All rights reserved.
Liz O'Neill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.