Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted January 26, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a fun lesson

A Water Exercise

by pragmatic poet


One of the many mind-stimulating situations I created for Kindergarteners was The Plasticine Boat.
I loved this activity because I could watch their little minds working along with the exchanging of information.
The exercise was done with groups of two over a period of a few days.
Two pupils would meet me at the water station where I would give each one a golf ball sized piece of Plasticine.
"Your job is to make it float."
Of course, the two lumps hit the bottom almost simultaneously.
That was when the learning started for them, and the fun began for me.
The ball was flattened a little and eased into the water.
After it was fished out, the lump became flatter and wider.
When water came over the sides, the sides started coming up.
It wasn't long before there would be two Plasticine boats floating in the tub.
Some children would put in some 'cargo', while others would continue to modify their craft to see just how many same-sized LEGOS their boat would carry.
Some played with their boat for over half-an-hour.
It was fascinating.




Actually this would be good for all grades
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pragmatic poet All rights reserved.
pragmatic poet has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.