Commentary and Philosophy Fiction posted January 17, 2021 Chapters:  ...80 81 -82- 83... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
news writing

A chapter in the book The Corona saga

The News

by Iza Deleanu


The drama of trauma, do you know how you can reinforce this successfully? Well, let me show you, just sit, relax and please don't eat any popcorn, because it might go on the wrong side, because of the shocking revelation.

I know what I am saying, you already know, but you've been too polite to say it out loud! Last night I wanted to listen to some Bulgarian radio just to keep my language frequency open! So after I listen to some narodna musika or what you call it here, folklore, it started: the news hour.

Why are they always kicking off with the stats section? Blah, blah, blah numbers died of Coronella, blah, blah, has tested positive, and blah, blah number of tests have been performed. When I hear that, I just shut myself down and don't hear anything else, just Miss Death floating above my celling and all those numbers mixed up.

I know that my mom talks like a news broadcaster. Here it is: "How are you?" She never waits for my answer and goes on: "How many deaths do you have over there? I'm telling you here is pretty bad. We have so many deaths! And people are scared to go to the hospital: you go for surgery, you get out with Coronella, and they buried you without even knowing that it is you or somebody else! They told us that no flights from America are allowed." You see, I don't have to follow any news. My mom knows it all. So I am waiting for my mom to tell me when it is safe to return to Romania.

I remember when I was living at home, our news was different, and they were not so dramatic. Now all the news reporters are made in the USA because the style is a la CNN: shocking, breaking freaking news. We started to see lots of crimes reporting, shootings, rapes, kidnapping! The funniest part is that there is no rating for kids on that news, and they are broadcasted in the middle of the day all day long.

How you supposed to keep your sanity when those idiocies are running on repeat: 6 am, 8 am, 10 am, 12 am, 17 pm, 19, etc. However, the same shocking news runs for at least a week in continuum!

Now, thanks to Coronella, the weather got a break. Nobody remembers those weather talks! Now everybody talks about Coronella. We all become experts in creating masks, videos to keep the sanity at home, yoga instructors, chemists because we learn how to make our own sanitizers and cleaning products, etc.

Our Creator must be so proud. We are self-sufficient and freaking scared of our own shadows. You can't even be happy because somebody is screaming behind you: how can you be happy when there are so many deaths? Coronella is still here!

My advice: skip the Coronella statistics if you want to watch the news or something even better. Record and select which part of the news you want to watch!


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.