Humor Fiction posted January 17, 2021 Chapters:  ...17 18 -19- 20... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
the write's dillema

A chapter in the book Wisdom

wisdom 19

by Iza Deleanu

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.

When we need to write a literary autobiography, the vast majority of us are starting with this amazing grace, pardon me, sentence: "I am writing since I was ten..." and then you lose your literary recruiter, because he is putting your application away mumbling, oh, my God, another one with the childhood syndrome drama.

It's like when you go to a job interview, and they ask you that stupid question: "Tell me something about yourself!" and you hear stuff like this: "I am an excellent father of three, I like golfing and reading." If you look closely at the recruiter's face, he is already drawing doodles on the interview page. In his mind, there is already misjudgment: proud dad, he will be late for work or staying home because the kids are sick and play golf element, he is an ass kisser, lots of talks and zero work!

What's the correct approach? Duh, they want to know how you qualify for that job and don't give a shit about your family history, not in North America! Try to work outside the country for a couple of years. When you come back and apply for jobs, they treat you like you are zero. How is it possible to forget all your skills and expertise just because you work in... Japan?! For God's sake, I was working. I bring over lots of technical skills, and I know Japanese.

So don't put the childhood passion in your resume. You need a shocking element that shakes them and is bringing the wow effect. I know you don't want to lie, but you are a writer for God's Sake, and a little bit of imagination is part of your trademark. I realize this trick the hard way. So here goes my New Year resolution and the catchy phrase of my profile: "Master of words, juggling concepts, that's me the new prototype of a writer," and then a dramatic pause and let the words sink in! Good Luck, my fellow writer.




The images area compilation from Google.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.