Satire Script posted January 15, 2021 Chapters:  ...11 12 -13- 14... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
wet cleaning

A chapter in the book Kaleidoscope

Dispute 8

by Iza Deleanu

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.


The setting is one empty room. There is only one actor who plays all the characters.


Me: Okay, report; any news from the job scene?

Evil Me: Oh, man you have an obsession for this subject. I told you I am a prince, I don't work!

Me: No work, no food!

Evil Me: I was thinking the right formula was: no justice, no peace!

Me: Don't BLM now! As long as you live under my roof, you need to carry your weight around!

Evil Me: My weight? I have none; I am a romantic prince that weights next to nothing! Fine give me that Job Seeker Journal!


Me: Here you go!

Evil Me starts ruffling the newspaper mumbling: Ja, that sound nice, mmm this is even better. Okay, I finally found one. Give me the phone, please.

Me: Here!

Evil Me: If you don't mind, I need some privacy.

Me: Okay, I am getting out of the room!

Evil Me: Dry cleaner, that sounds nice, isn't? If it's dry, that means that I can get somewhere else a job as a wet cleaner. Wait, I don't like to get wet, so I will stick to the dry section. Okay, here comes nothing! Hello? I am calling in regards with this job offering for a part-time dry cleaner.
The voice: Sure, do you have any experience?

Evil Me: Yeah, sure, I never wet my pants, and usually I prefer to stay dry... I don't drink!

The voice: That's great, but my question is: have you ever worked in an environment where clothes are washed dry?

Evil Me: Shit, let me google this: dry clean meaning? Google what's dry clean?

Google: Dry-cleaning is very similar to regular home laundering, but a liquid solvent is used to clean your clothes instead of water and detergent.

Evil Me: Aha, so is freaking laundry, no lava piati ma lava roppa.

The Voice: Sir? So, are you still interested?

Evil Me: Like I have a choice! Yes, I am! When can I start?

The Voice: Tomorrow; be at the address from the paper at 7.30 am?

Evil Me: 7.30 am, so, early?

The Voice: Yes, our hours of operations are 7.30 to 4 pm.

Evil Me: Okay, I will give it a try. Thank you very much for this opportunity!

The Voice: You are welcome!
TO BE CONTINUED

 


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.