General Fiction posted December 21, 2020 Chapters:  ...19 20 -21- 22... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Start at the beginning...

A chapter in the book Assassin Nation

Assassin Nation: Let Us Begin

by Bill Schott


CHARACTERS:
Red Appleton, President of the United States, after President Sullivan's death in office
C. C. Connor, former Chief of Staff to President Sullivan; trained assassin
Millie Manowitz, California state representative, twin sister of C.C. Connor; assassin.
Samantha Anthra, Chief of Staff to President Appleton; murdered Pres. Sullivan
Manuel Kontroz, Assistant to the President
Ben Baker, aka Butcher of Baghdad aka Bobby Do, assassin
Detective Piglette aka Piglet aka Tim Bends, assassin


FLASHBACK
The helicopter takes off from the rural D.C. airport without authorization or a flight plan. On board are Tyler Angles and Tim Bends.

Spinning around to face Angles, Bends shoves his knife deep into the man's rib cage. He expertly passes between the bones and punctures the left lung. Before Angles can utter a sound, a second jab pierces his abdomen, splitting his muscles and assuring he cannot draw another breath.

Both men are pushed through the hatch, and plummet downward.

Falling from a helicopter, Bends drops into the center of a forest and has an impact with the top of a tree. His skin is severely shredded as he drives down through the limbs of the tall and limber pine. Half way down the tree, still fifty feet from the ground, he stops on the first sizable balm. Still conscious, he begins climbing down the rest of the way. Unfortunately, he slips and slides down ten feet of the tree, rasping his face, chest, belly, thighs, and genitals against the unforgiving bark. He lasts another twenty feet, before passing out and completing the final twenty feet, hitting the remaining limbs in his path to the forest floor.

Waking later in the darkness, he is several minutes trying to remember why he is there.
Aching, covered in dried blood, and beginning to shiver with the night air, he can only move through the darkness, hoping to go in the shortest direction to the encampment. Driven by pain, fear, and cold, he is unaware of the jagged roots and stones beneath his feet. He grows weaker as he moves along. Feeling his moist stomach, he realizes he is still bleeding in his lower extremities. Finally reaching his groin, he is shocked to find he has no testicles.

Bends falls to his knees. His one thought is to fold his legs up under him to keep from bleeding to death. Looking down he sees his lap is a goo of congealed blood. He has only one useful eye; the left was compromised from his fall. He can feel that his nose is only drawing air in from the right nostril. He knows his entire left side is raked to raw meat. He begins to crawl in the direction of the encampment.


AND NOW

Waking from a dream, Detective Piglette looks across his hospital room. In the doorway is a tall, gaunt, totally bald man.

"Hey, Bends; how's it hanging, lad?"

"Bends?" says Piglette.

"I've pulled some strings. You're coming with me. Get dressed."

"That's going to be tough; I've lost some fingers."

"Come as you are then. The open-butt look is the rage now."

"Who are you?" asked the finger-challenged patient.

"C.C. Connor. I'm Millie's brother."



To be continued...




 



Recognized


Image from Google
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.