Satire Fiction posted December 17, 2020 Chapters:  ...68 69 -70- 71... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
resilience on repeat

A chapter in the book The Corona saga

Getting by

by Iza Deleanu


When Coronella attacked us, we lost our minds. The toilet paper, Lysol, and hand sanitizer were trending hotter than gold. We learnt to get by and wait until the storm passed. After three months, we started to find them in all the stores. The same thing happened with the masks and gloves; now you can buy them everywhere. At the beginning, our provincial government gave them away for free, just to be safe.

Then they locked us in the house, and we learnt how to work from home on improvised desks and older computers. We got by, and we started to enjoy our short Albertan summer. We started to live again... a little. They opened the restaurants, the libraries, the gyms; we were allowed to travel a little bit. We learnt to get by with little.

Now, winter is here. They locked down the restaurants again, the libraries, us... Christmas! The city decided to take Coronella in its own hands and started to give us fines for not wearing a mask, for breaking the curfew and trying to see our dear ones. It's okay we will get by, as usual. Now they are saying there is an anti-Coronella vaccine, but they are not sure if it's working or what the side effects are. We are  guinea pigs for it. I am not taking it, I will wait it out. This shall pass, and we will get by as usual.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.