General Fiction posted December 16, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Beautiful creatures contest.

I feel like God

by Sanku


I get angry whenever I hear this story, dog lovers tell my mamma.

A man took in a bedraggled and hungry dog, bathed him, fed him and gave him a home. The dog thought in wonder 'He must be what we call God'.

Then the man brought home a dirty, hungry waif of a cat, cleaned him up, gave him food, and of course a home. The cat thought in wonder, 'I must be what we call God'.

This is always followed by a big guffaw. But of course my mamma hotly denies it. She loves me, you see. She loves to watch me trying to chase and catch shadows. I amuse her when I run after a crow and the crow always flies off.

I kind of love her too.She does irritate me sometimes when she says, 'Kitty you can't sleep on my dining chair'. And I love to sleep there. My fur is so soft that she runs her hand along it. I love it when she gently scratches my ears. I have heard my mamma tell her friends, "I love cats. In my next birth I want to be born as a cat. They live life on their own terms".

She really gets angry with me when i dash through the living room upsetting the curios. And she does not like me to mess with her knitting.

Should I say more?.




Beautiful Creatures writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short essay about an animal - maximum 300 words. It can be a beloved pet or a wild animal you admire. The photo you include should be of the animal, or type of animal, you are describing.


Thank you avmurray for this picture.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by avmurray at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sanku All rights reserved.
Sanku has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.