General Poetry posted December 5, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Full story below in notes.

From Breeders to Killers

by tempeste

gassed by the millions,
fresh covid strain, linked to minks
causes grave new threat 

 



5-7-5 writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a 5-7-5 that has three lines. The first line has 5 syllables. The second line has 7 syllables. The third line has 5 syllables again.


Avid swimmers, in the wild they roam long distances to find a mate
These cute mammals to satisfy man's vanity are still being bred

Today the mink industry trembles as sick covid workers have transmitted the virus to their furry captives whose poor living conditions has caused a chain reaction.

With cages often stacked on top of each other, like wildfire the virus spread via urine and poop...... in return these innocent victims have now infected healthy workers with a new strain. ( more than 200 just in Denmark)
Denmark now dreading this fresh strain might spread and in the light of this growing threat, 11 million minks ...yes you read right...11 million minks were gassed this month of November.

In America 15.000 minks have already died of covid; infected farms are now in quarantine;

The Netherlands has decided to guillotine their huge mink industry and by March next year 200 farms will have been permanently shut down and by 2024 the industry will be phased out completely.

In Spain, 95,000 minks have been destroyed.....as a first step to stop spread.

Animal rights activists hope that covid concerns will help hasten the end
of the fur farming.

PS: In the meantime, in Denmark, many minks buried in trenches with too soft soil, are now resurfacing due to gases formed.

The locals fear surrounding fauna and flora can be contaminated now...

This was the latest on mankind's crimes
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. tempeste All rights reserved.
tempeste has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.