Supernatural Fiction posted November 3, 2020 Chapters:  ...35 36 -37- 38... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The Curse/A Novel of the Breedline series

A chapter in the book THE CURSE

My Valentine

by scongrove

The author has placed a warning on this post for sexual content.



Background
Thanks for taking the time to read my chapter. This one is new, so if you find mistakes, please let me know. This is a romantic chapter, but very tasteful. Stay safe & enjoy!
It was getting close to dinner when Tessa decided to call it quits. They all but exhausted themselves searching tirelessly through the library’s archives, hoping to find something on the creature who Jena and Roman referred to as the Shadow. They discovered a few things, thanks to Sebastian’s expertise in Mythology, but nothing on how to destroy it. So far, the only thing they had to go on was it inhabited a vulnerable host, like a child. It preyed on their weaknesses and controlled their mental structure, especially as a motive force. And its main purpose was to gain access to souls by feeding on human hearts. This type of demon was a dark entity with a ravenous appetite. The very root of all evil.

“Please…” Tessa called out, her eyes roaming over the occupants of the room, “…go enjoy the rest of your evening. I’m sure most of you have plans to celebrate Valentine’s Day, and some of you have kiddos to pick up. I appreciate all your help.” 

Drakon came forward and said, “I’ll go check out the Summit Behavioral Institute first thing in the morning. Hopefully, I can get some information on this Joseph Harris. If in fact he was released, it’s a possibility he could be the guy we’re looking for.”

“I’ll go with you,” Roman chimed in, his eyes focused on Drakon. “Just shoot me a text before you head out.” 
 
When Drakon nodded, Tim said, “Count me in as well. Let me know before you two leave. I’ll ride with you guys.” 

“Will do,” Drakon said.

“In the meantime,” Tessa said, “I’ll make sure everyone is informed if anything turns up. Enjoy your evening.”

As Tessa stepped out of the room with Jace, she felt overwhelmed and disappointed. She had hoped they’d find something… anything that would explain how to destroy this mysterious Shadow. Although, in the back of her mind, she still hadn’t given up on Jena’s creature. If they were lucky, she was the one who could destroy it. With her fingers crossed, she said a silent prayer.

Out of nowhere, Tessa felt a stiffness in the base of her neck. As it continued to knot up, she reached her hand around and did her best to rub it.

“Here, babe,” Jace said, moving behind her. “Let me take care of that.”

Moving her hand aside, he used both of his and started at her shoulders and worked his way up her neck and then back again.

As his strong hands skillfully massaged over her tense muscles, she relaxed her head slightly forward and released a contented sigh. “That feels amazing, honey.”

“Since my parents are keeping the twins overnight,” he playfully said, “maybe we should take this somewhere private.”

Tessa turned, tilting her head up so she could look up at him. “Is that so?”

He held out his hand. “Shall we?”

She smiled and placed her hand in his. “Lead the way.”   
        
As he led the way, she went freely and followed him upstairs. The moment they made their way into their bedroom, Tessa’s jaw nearly dropped. She couldn’t believe her eyes. The room was lit up with candles, soft music was playing in the background, and rose petals, formed in the shape of a heart, covered the satin sheets. And next to the bed, sitting on top of the nightstand, were two glasses of bubbly champagne, a bowl of her favorite berries, and a single, long-stemmed red rose. 
    
“Oh, Jace…” She covered her mouth. “How did you—” 

“I already knew you were having my parents pick up the boys,” he said, sliding his hands over her shoulders. “So, I wanted to do something special. It’s been awhile since we had some alone time.”

She leaned back into him and looked up with tears in her eyes. “I love it, honey.”

“And I love you, sweetheart,” he said, gliding his fingers up her neck to the slender column of her throat and to her jaw. Then he leaned down and pressed his lips to her forehead. “Tessa… you’re everything to me.”

As Tessa turned to face him, he loved the way she looked at him, like he was her whole world. But in truth, she ruled his. There was nothing he wouldn’t do for her. Hell, he’d step in front of a moving train. He’d give her the damn world if she asked for it. Tessa made him want to be a better person. She completed him. Not only did she have a heart of gold and amazing art skills, she was flat-out stunning, for a lack of a better word. She had long, thick mahogany hair, green eyes that sparkled like emeralds, flawless skin, a set of lips to die for. And she was so petite, but tough as nails. Although he was a foot taller than her, she could hold her own. Tessa by no means was a helpless, defenseless female. She was fearless and her determination was as big as Texas, not to mention the wolf she shifted into. It was twice the size of the ordinary Breedline. 
        
“You make me so happy, Jace,” she said, her trembling voice bringing him back to focus. “I love you so much.”

As she spoke, she reached for his hand and intertwined her fingers with his.

In that moment, as the song Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran started to play, Jace gently took her other hand in his and whispered, “Dance with me, Tessa.”

When she smiled, he pulled her close until their bodies crushed together. Slowly, they swayed to the romantic tempo.

As the song ended, she rose on her tiptoes with desire in her eyes and said, “Kiss me.”

He instantly lowered his mouth to hers. Just before their lips touched, she heard him release a soft sigh. His kiss was tender, sending shivers over her skin.

He shook against her as images of them making love consumed his thoughts. He wanted to touch and kiss all of her. His heart thundered in his chest, picturing their bodies tangled in a heated passion.   

“Make love to me,” she whispered against his lips.

He slowly pulled away. As she gazed into his blue eyes, they burned with desire. His nostrils flared with the effort of his breathing, and when he spoke, his words came out in a rush.

“I’ll do anything you want.” 

Then, he reached out and stroked her cheek with the pad of his thumb, then trailed it over her bottom lip. A few kisses later, they were undressed and under the rose covered, satin sheets.  

“Come here,” he softly whispered, taking her against his body.

She gasped at the warmth of his bare skin and the indication of his desire, creating a needy sensation within her.

“I want you, Tessa.”

His voice was low, a deep rumble in his firm chest.

“I’m all yours,” she breathed in a whisper.

When his lips touched her neck, she opened her mouth and moaned in anticipation. An instant fire ignited between her thighs, feeling as though she was going to go up in flames. She quickly parted her legs in an invitation to ravish her.

The second he shifted his body over hers and captured her lips, she buried her hands in the long strands of his hair.

He almost lost all control as she wrapped her legs around his hips. In an instant, he threw back his head and gritted his teeth, throbbing with the need to take her. With all the strength he had left, he looked down and gazed into her piercing green eyes.

She smiled up at him, acknowledging that familiar look of desire on his face.

“What are you waiting for,” she said in a breathy sigh, her body withering underneath him. “Take me.”

To be continued. . .
 

 




A reference for terms and cast of characters in the chapter, especially for new readers:

BREEDLINE - A species of humans that have the ability to change from human form into wolf form if they are born an identical twin. They are not like the old legend of the Lycanthropy myth. The Breedline species can shift into their wolf at will. The moon has no power over them. They do not pass their ability to other humans. Although they live among humans, their species is secret. In wolf form, they have super-strength, speed, and heightened senses. Compared to humans, Breedlines have tremendous advantages when it comes to health. Their bodies heal fast and are not subject to illness or diseases. The only thing that slows their healing process is silver. It is their kryptonite. Besides old age, a silver bullet to the brain is the only way to kill a Breedline.
All male Breedlines change into their first wolf at the age of eighteen. Female Breedlines do not go through the change until they make love to their Breedline bonded mate.

BREEDLINE BONDING - The male Breedline spends his life searching for their bonded mate. When two Breedline species experience a bond, they instantly feel a simultaneous, desirable attraction. The bond is for life. It is possible for them to have more than one mate in their lifespan.

BELOVED - A word used by a Breedline to express the bond to their mate.

BREEDLINE COVENANT - The Breedline species must live within the boundaries of their Covenant. There is one in every state. A council governs its laws and oversees the species population.

THE BREEDLINE QUEEN - A Breedline queen is born once every one hundred years. Her massive stature, black fur, and red eyes are the queen's trademarks. Her alpha wolf has twice the strength, speed, and size of any Breedline. She rules over all the Breedline Covenants. She is their absolute law.

Jace Chamberlain (a.k.a. the Beast) - He is a Breedline species who later discovers he was born with a curse of the Beast, inherited by the Chiang-Shih demon. His bonded mate is Tessa Fairchild. He's an IT engineer and the lead singer and plays acoustic guitar in the band Chaos.

Tessa Fairchild (a.k.a. the Breedline Queen) - She was born into the human world and later discovers she's a Breedline. Abandoned by her parents, and raised by her aunt and uncle, Tessa has no knowledge of being born a twin. After she meets Jace, they become bonded mates. During her first change into her Breedline wolf, she shifts into the new Breedline queen. She is an inspiring artist.

Sebastian Crow - He is a half-breed and Eve's bonded mate. He has the power to summon a portal.

Tim Ross - He is a Breedline species and the council head of the California Covenant.

Drakon Hexus - He is a Breedline species and bonded to Cassie Chamberlain.

Roman Kincaid - He is an Adalwolf trained in military tactics, hired as a special breed of warriors from Brazil. Hired as a bodyguard for Valkin Steele-a billionaire funding a group of unethical scientist's research-he later learns of Steele's underground sex-trafficking and illegal drug and weapons trade and informs the Breedline Covenant. He also forms a team of Breedline soldiers who work for a private Special Ops group contracted by the military for missions that no one else can or will do to help put an end to Valkin Steele's corrupt organization. He resides in the California Breedline Covenant along with team members, Lawrence, Bull, Justice, and Lena.

Jena McCain - She's an artist with a gift to speak with the dead. She has been bitten by an age-old creature, cursed for eternity with the ability to transform into a werewolf-like creature. Although she lusts for human blood, she only hunts evil.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. scongrove All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
scongrove has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.