Humor Fiction posted November 25, 2018


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Flash Fiction story

Take the Sandwich!

by damommy















I had nothing to do one hot summer evening, and since I’d never been to a movie alone, I thought this would be a good time to do it.  So off I went, looking forward to enjoying a movie with no interruptions.  It was a small-town theater and hardly anyone went during the week.
 
When I went in, there were only a few people there, and I didn’t know any of them.  So far, so good.  I found a seat farthest from anyone and settled in with popcorn and Diet Dr. Pepper.  This was going to be great! 
 
It wasn’t long before two friends came in and, seeing me by myself, came to sit with me.  I know they thought they were keeping me from being lonely, but they were both such chatterboxes, there went my uninterrupted movie.  (Sigh)
 
About halfway through the movie, I wished I’d stayed at home.  The movie was ‘Psycho 2,’ a bit of disappointment because it hadn’t been very scary.  But then came the scene with Norman Bates talking to the woman he’d recently found out was his real mother.  Standing behind her, he asked if she’d like a sandwich, to which she replied, “No, thank you,” and then Norman hit her in the head with a shovel.
 
One of my friends loudly proclaimed, “I believe I’d’ve taken the damn sandwich.” 
 

 



Flash Fiction Writing Contest contest entry

Recognized


A story that happened on a hot summer evening.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. damommy All rights reserved.
damommy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.