General Fiction posted February 9, 2018


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
What event should we enter?

Cat-O-Lympics

by damommy


Foster was lying on the trunk with his arms hanging down the side, watching his brothers, Winkin, Blinkin, and Nod race through the house.  In tandem.  Back and forth, and around and around, always in tandem.
 
Hey, guys, what are you doin’?  You must have passed by here a hundred times.
 
We’re practicing for the Winter Olympics.
 
I don’t think they have tandem races in the Olympics.  Besides, aren’t you a little late to think about entering?
 
Nah.  We’re going to enter the toboggan races.
 
Do you realize that you sit on the toboggan and slide around the course?  It can be very dangerous.  And I think It’s called the luge.
 
We know what a toboggan is.  We’re practicing hanging on flying around corners, and leaning that direction.  Also, Blinkin and Nod are getting used to looking around me since I’ll be in the lead.
 
Why do you get to be in the lead?  Why can’t I be in the lead?
 
Because I’m the oldest, that’s why.
 
How do you know you’re the oldest?  We were born at the same time.
 
Mom told me.
 
She told me I was the oldest.
 
She told me that, too.
 
She just told you two that to get you to shut up.  I remember.  I was born first.

 
You don’t know that.  No way you could know that.
 
Boys, boys, knock it off.  You’ve been at it all day.  Aren’t you ‘bout worn out?
 
Get serious!  When you’re an Olympian, you don’t know the meaning of tired.
 
I’m tired.  Can’t we quit for a while?  I missed lunch.
 
Me, too.  And I’m hungry.

 
Why did I ever think I could make it to the Olympics with you two whine-babies?  Go ahead.  Quit.  But when I’m up there getting that pretty medal around my neck, remember you had your chance.
 
Great.  Drop us a line when you get it.  Take photos.
 
Yeah.  Whatever.  (munch, munch, munch)

 



Recognized


What event would they enter if your cat could enter the Winter Olympics?

Club entry for the "Animal Crackers" event in "Animal Crackers".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. damommy All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
damommy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.