Spiritual Non-Fiction posted September 26, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Those faces in the crowd.

A Season of Discontent

by amada


I read it in print, I heard it in TV, radio...in our country, more than two hundred thousand persons have died in the last six months of 2020.

The number toys in my eardrums, scalds my brain; it's a number, a cold and frosty number. I try to imagine it from my personal point of view, as trying to reach a hand to someone ... and to feel his absence in my own flesh.

My husband says to imagine a football field jam-packed with families and children; maybe at the end of a prized annual season.
I can see it now, a sea of yearning persons, clamoring together, eager for the fun and excitement of a game.

And now that number starts to have a shape, maybe a name, the smell of their sweat, the shadows of their bodies.

And suddenly I do feel like mourning.

Years ago, we went to Washington DC and our main stop was the Vietnam Memorial Wall.

I walked in prayer, slowly, as if I was stepping onto sacrosanct ground. I extended my right hand and touched their names, feeling like an intimate connection with their souls. The imprint of each of their names was different, like they were when they died. That day, I felt connected, and I was able to mourn for each one of them.

Just a thought, in deep reverence, because their silence stills my soul.
May they rest in peace...



Recognized


Thank you for reading my lines.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. amada All rights reserved.
amada has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.