Satire Poetry posted July 11, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Short term memory loss

I drew a blank

by JLR

I drew a blank, when I saw you
my mind worked toward a clue
was it work when we last passed
did we laugh and have a blast?
did our parting make you blue?

Perhaps, we stood in a queue
Oh, come on I wish I knew!
Perchance, did I sweep you away?
I drew a blank!

I am befuddled, what do I do?
Feeling as though I am in a stew
Time is waning, think hard and fast
Seeing you sudden will not last
I must at least offer a bon adieu
I drew a blank!




Recognized

#2322
2020


Rondeau--week of 7-10-2020 (Being a French form, the meter is accentual syllabic. ( ( however, in this is meter optional--aim for smooth flow....so due to my lack of skill in meter, this is modified to the precise French form)
________________________________________
Rondeau
The rondeau is a syllabic French poem of three verses: a quintet, quatrain, and sestet. The lines are in two lengths, the main length and the refrain. The refrain is the first few words of the first line.

Rules
1. The form is created from three stanzas. A quintet (5lines), a quatrain (4 lines) and a sestet (6 lines).
2. The first half of the first line in the quintet forms a refrain line. This refrain is used for lines 9 and 15.
3. The quintet has a rhyme scheme of
b-b-c-c-b.
4. The quatrain has a rhyme scheme of
b-b-c-A, where A is the refrain drawn from the first half of the first line of the poem.
5. The sestet is rhymed b-b-c-c-b-A, where A is again the refrain line.6. Being a French form the meter is accentual syllabic. (meter optional--aim for smooth flow)
The refrain line is usually 4 syllables or two verse feet.

Club entry for the "Rondeau---week of 7-10-2020" event in "Put Pen To Paper Potlatch Poetry Club".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. JLR All rights reserved.
JLR has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.