Humor Fiction posted April 21, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Twisting an old familiar saying...

Playing With Positives

by LisaMay


You’ll be familiar with the encouraging saying, The power of positive thinking. It is a saying that probably all of us are latching onto these days. I have entertained myself (and now, hopefully, YOU) by tweaking it and coming up with some variants: 


The power of positive drinking
This relates to when we feel the need for a stiff drink (or several); or raising a toast to the newlyweds.

The power of positive sinking
When the frothy head on the beer glass (which you have filled too hurriedly) subsides before any beer is lost.

The power of positive stinking
Every skunk knows this; or when you have just let rip with a really satisfying gaseous anal emanation (too much beer); or when you are enjoying a tasty Asian durian – the smelliest fruit in the world.

The power of positive blinking
Maybe you have something in your eye, so you blink to successfully remove it; or when you fortuitously blink and miss something horrible; or when you put your car’s turn indicators on to go around a corner and leave the road clear for the drunk driver not to run up the back of you.

The power of positive shrinking
This is for when you notice the diet is working and you are getting whistled at by strange men. (Dream on.)

The power of positive winking
In this scenario, you give someone a sexy wink and before you know it you are both in love and will live as a couple happily ever after. (Again, dream on.)

The power of positive inking
This is about being happy with your new tattoo; or signing the ownership papers for your new home; or having a visa stamped in your passport; or writing an award-winning poem with a quill.

The power of positive slinking
This works for burglars and lizards; or maybe when you slip into that figure-hugging evening dress that your recent diet has enabled you to fit into, and a stranger whistles at you, then winks, and you end up having a wedding where people raise their glasses to you at the reception (durian fruit will be served, and no beer will be wasted by overflowing); you blink away tears of joy, then you get a tattoo to celebrate the occasion and you end up living happily ever after together in your new home, writing poetry. 

Now that is definitely The power of positive thinking!
... and also the power of positive linking in putting this together.




Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. LisaMay All rights reserved.
LisaMay has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.