General Flash Fiction posted April 5, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Unite to fight the common plight for global delight!

CORONAVIRUS vs VASUDHAIVA KUTUMB

by RPSaxena

A nod to the wise, a rod to the foolish is the lesson the Almighty Mother Nature has been trying to implant in Her children. Hence, first through climatic changes, She hinted not to worsen this unique planet but all in vain. Consequently, She had to employ CORONAVIRUS as a ploy to make us materialize the essence of Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam and thereby the dream of global happiness by utilizing all our abilities we are wasting into the vast space.



80 Word Flash Fiction contest entry

Recognized


1. Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam ( "vasudha" the earth; "iva", is ; and "kutumbakam", family) is a Sanskrit phrase that means that the whole world is one single family. So here the Vedic sages are saying that the entire world is just like a small, tightly knit, nuclear family.

2. The Vedas are a collection of hymns and other ancient religious texts written in Sanskrit in India between 1500 and 1000 BCE. The Rig Veda is the oldest among Four Vedas.

Image: Picture borrowed from internet.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. RPSaxena All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
RPSaxena has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.