General Flash Fiction posted October 21, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
I fell for him hook, line and sinker. (50 words)

Casting About For Love

by LisaMay



He spun me a line, and we hooked up together. We scaled the heights when I was his gill-friend, but he started acting fishy, doing a reel flip-flop. I trouted his sincerity. My rainbow dreams were dashed. Our love was dead in the water – fin-ished. 
I put him on ice.

 



Recognized


Author's Note:
This is number 23 in the series of my hypothetical 'new boyfriends'.

Rainbow trout are native to the westward draining rivers of North America and also to the Kamchatka Peninsula on the western side of the Pacific Ocean.
I'll tell you about New Zealand fishing, because that's where I live. NZ has no shortage of pristine streams, rivers and lakes. Trout are big and plentiful here. The fish grow big because the rivers have ideal temperatures, good food supplies, and are not overfished.
The central North Island is primarily rainbow territory, while the South Island has a reputation as the prime brown trout fishery, and further south you'll find our most diverse waters, from glorious rivers teeming with wild fish to monumental glacial formed lakes ringed by native forest.
NZ has some world-class fishing rivers such as the Motueka, Rai, Eglinton, Mataura, Buller, Ahuriri, Oreti, and Haast Rivers in the South Island, and the Tongariro and Ngongotaha Rivers in the North Island.
European settlers brought trout and salmon to NZ's lakes and rivers so they could fish them for sport. The most common species today are brown trout, rainbow trout and Chinook salmon.
Brown trout are native to Europe and were first introduced into NZ in the late 1860s from British stock that was first established in Tasmania. Stock brought from North America was introduced into NZ from about 1883.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. LisaMay All rights reserved.
LisaMay has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.