Romance Fiction posted October 1, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Response to Love Letter on a Clipboard

To My Secret Admirer

by Sally Law


~**~

"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that's what you've given me. That's what I'd hoped to give you forever" -- Nicholas Sparks


Dearest Secret Admirer,

I was deeply touched by your sweet declaration of love. To be honest, at first I thought this was a practical joke. To be even more honest, I've never been loved or had a serious relationship. Reading these words, penned so beautifully on a page just for me--the real Kristin Spencer--has overwhelmed me.

Even now, I feel starstruck, dizzy, and awakened within. To think that a man with such a large capacity for love notices me is a new concept. Not only do you see me, you appreciate the view in spite of my obvious imperfections. My parents told me that the one who sees my worth, and loves me unconditionally, is the one to whom they will give their blessing. For some reason, I didn't understand what they meant until I read your letter.

Now, I'm the one with a penned confession.

I cherish your letter, your affirming words of love, the lavender tucked so thoughtfully into the envelope, and the red seal. I've held your letter close, and reread it a hundred times already, falling asleep with it in my hands.

Right now, you're a phantom--a wonderful dream. I long for you to tell me your name, so we can exchange these words of love in person. There must be a reason; or, maybe like me, you have some remaining fears. Don't be afraid. I've waited for you all my life. I can wait a little longer for your unveiling--really, as long as it takes.

Yvette, one of my nursing team members, left me a quote this morning on my clipboard; and I'll pass it along to you.

It says, "They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for." Tom Bodette

Thank you, my love. Now I've tasted my first sip of true happiness.

I love you, too.
Kristin xoxoxo (To be redeemed in person.)

P.S. Hopefully, you see this love letter attached to my pink clipboard. There was a red rose tied with lavender lying across my computer this morning. You're a sneaky one! Thank you, it has already made my day brighter.



Recognized

#227
2019


Photo: https://pixabay.com/images/search/love%20letter/
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sally Law All rights reserved.
Sally Law has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.