General Script posted January 31, 2019 Chapters:  ...66 67 -68- 69... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a one-scene script

A chapter in the book Scenes

Scene at a Service Station

by Bill Schott



Pons and Ned meet at an automobile service station.

Ned:  Toppa the mornin' to ya, Pons.

Pons: Hi, Ned. What brings you down here to the gas station?

Ned:  I was count-ten-platin' cuttin' the grass this weekend, so I come down to git some go juice fer the MOWrauder.

Pons: That's a fun name for your lawnmower.

Ned:  Oh, that ain't my lawnmower. Her name's Becky.  MOWrauder is my hog.

Pons: You have a Harley?

Ned: No, Pons. I got a pig. His name's MOWrauder.


Pons:  But you said you need gas.

Ned:  No, I believe I said 'go juice' , Pons. You know -- orange soda pop. He loves the stuff.

Pons:  Right.  Of course. A pig.  I didn't know you had built a pen and all for a pig.

Ned:  Whatcha mean?  Mow lives inside wit me.


Pons:  Oh.  He's a potbellied pig.

Ned:  He's big boned.


Pons stares at Ned for a moment then looks back at the station.

Pons:  Well, I have to schedule a tune up for my car.

Ned:  You still drivin' that Dodge Dart?


Pons: Three seventy-three slant six, Ned. Most durable engine in the world.

Ned: I got a three fifty-one Windsor back at the place.

Pons: No kidding?  You have a Gran Torino? 

Ned:  No. Just the engine. Well -- the block.  It's by the boxelder tree. Got a couple saplin's grow'd through the piston shafts.


Pons stares at Ned again.

Pons:  Well, alright.

Ned: Wonder if they need some hep here at the station? I might be good at servicin' cars.

Pons: Can you work on brakes?

Ned:  No, Pons. You have to rest sometimes. It's best to relax on them breaks.


Pons: Right. Have you replaced exhaust systems?  Shocks?  Changed tires?

Ned:  I ain't certain 'bout them exhausted systems, but I been shocked plenty.

Pons:  Maybe you could pump gas.

Ned:  I don't think they pay noboby to do that, Pons. That there's somethin' you pay them to do -- fer yerself.


Pons:  Well, Ned, I'm not sure what kind of job you would be qualified to do here.

Ned:  I could make change at the till. 

Pons:  Maybe. Let's test you on that.  Let's say I pumped forty dollars of gas in my car--

Ned:  The Dodge?

Pons: Right.

Ned: That tank hold forty dollars a gas?

Pons:  Yes.  So, I pump the gas, give you a fifty dollar bill; what do I get?

Ned:  That's easy. Pons. You get forty bucks a gas.


Pons:  And?

Ned: I get fifty bucks. Gee, Pons. Thanks. Now I don't need this job.




 


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.