General Script posted December 13, 2018 Chapters:  ...48 49 -50- 51... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a one-scene script

A chapter in the book Scenes

Scene at a Funeral

by Bill Schott


Pallas and his older brother Pez sat in the back pew at the funeral of their aunt.
In the front pew, to the right of the coffin, were five girls. 



Pez: I haven't seen our cousins in awhile.

Pallas: I heard rumors that Aunty got around and it's possible that some of them aren't Unca Dunk's.

Pez: Where did you hear that?

Pallas: I don't know. Maybe one of our parents' fights. Dad would bring up Mom's family when he got going.

Pez: Huh. I guess I heard Granny making accusations too.

Pallas: Well, Beatrice, the oldest, was born in France while they were deployed there.

Pez: Bonny was born in South Carolina at what-cha-call-it army base.

Pallas: Bailey and Blaze were both born here, before the family was finally sent to Hawaii.

Pez: They were here for a couple years.



The first row, including five girls, stood up and filed in front of the casket.


Pallas: Bea and Bonny look a lot like Unca Dunk.

Pez: Bailey is the spitting image of Granny and Blaze looks like her mom.

Pallas: Blythe is the youngest. She was born in Hawaii; right?

Pez: Yeah -- right.

Pallas: Who do you think she favors?

Pez: I don't know. Do you think she looks like me?




The two sat quietly through the rest of the service.


 




Thanks to meg119 for use of the artwork.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by meg119 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.