Fantasy Fiction posted June 15, 2018


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Melvin and Princess are at it again

Advice From a Mermaid

by mermaids


Melvin and Princess are playing with their human's computer. Princess is pushing keys and an art program develops. Melvin is excited. "Make a mermaid! I love mermaids!"

Princess turns her nose up. "You hate the beach! Why a mermaid?"

"I just love those fish tails."

Princess creates a mermaid with long brown hair and a sea green tail. She manages to make the lady of the sea smile and wave.

A light goes on in the female Persian cat's head. "She can be an advice person. Like Uncle Bo."

"Uncle Bo is full of air. This lady should be smarter than a human who cannot stop talking."

Princess completes the program. Individuals can contact the mermaid online for advice.
Both Persian cats wait in anticipation for the mermaid to start her counseling career.


It isn't long before a question from a female appears on the computer.


"My boyfriend is in jail again. I don't know what to do. I seem to pick men that always end up in jail!"

Melvin is quick to respond. He has the mermaid tell the woman to dump her boyfriend, he is no good.


Princess pushes Melvin aside. "You should stand by your man, honey! Get to that jail and visit him. He is lonely!"


Melvin's green eyes expand like saucers. "He is a criminal! She should dump him."

Princess bats him in the head with her paw.


"How do you know he wasn't framed?!"

Melvin gives a big sigh. "You are kidding, right? It is not even our decision, it is this lady's decision."

Princess pushes buttons on the computer and the mermaid states the woman should search her soul and decide for herself what to do.

Melvin gives another deep sigh. "We are going to be in so much trouble. We shouldn't do this. I just want to create a pretty mermaid, not a sea-psychologist giving bad advice. Mommy will be so mad if she catches us doing this."

Princess continues pushing buttons. The mermaid swims around and tells humans to sing often.

"You are so dramatic. With all the stuff that is on the internet, a happy, mermaid who counsels humans is a good thing. Calm down."

A man then writes to the mermaid. " I am forty-seven years old and still live at home with my parents who are eighty-two and eighty-five. Should I move out?"

Melvin meows loudly in disgust. "What a loser!"
He does not realize the mermaid is calling the man a loser.

Princess attempts to correct the situation. "Oh.....our lovely mermaid is talking to a wayward shark, sir. How nice you live with your mommy and daddy. Stay there, maybe at this point you can change their litter and feed them fish."

The client is baffled and goes offline.

Melvin nudges Princess. "He is not a cat. His human parents probably wear depends, they do not use the litter. They may not like fish for supper like us. Maybe we should erase our advice giving mermaid. This is making me nervous.'

The front door opens and the female human who is owned by the two Persians walks in. Quickly, Melvin closes the mermaid program and the two cats amble towards their human, rubbing against her legs. She bends down to pet them and they purr loudly.

Princess knows that in the future when Mommy is at work, the mermaid will be back in action.



Recognized


My imagination is running wild with Melvin and Princess.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. mermaids All rights reserved.
mermaids has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.