Supernatural Fiction posted April 16, 2018 Chapters:  ...53 54 -55- 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Unleashed Chaos/A Novel of the Breedline series

A chapter in the book Unleashed Chaos

Death Whispers/Part Three

by scongrove


Previously...
 
After Steven—Tessa’s fraternal twin brother—connects with Tessa telepathically and finds her location, the Breedline Covenant prepare to rescue her and take down Sebastian Crow. But before they come up with a plan, Sebastian uses his powers to create a portal and kidnaps his son Arius and Mia. When the Breedline find out they are missing, something triggers the outside alarms. While viewing the security cameras, they are shocked when dozens of Dr. Crane’s unearthly creations of Breedline hybrids topple over the gates and surround the Covenant.
 
Meanwhile, Thomas Carlyle—Sebastian’s twin brother—is threatened by Dr. Crane. With no other choice, Thomas lies to Sebastian and turns over Tessa and Lilith—Tessa’s biological mother—to the evil physician for research. And now, Thomas must continue to betray his own brother.
 
Left with no other choice, the Breedline go up against Dr. Crane’s hybrids in battle in order to defend their Covenant. During the battle, the Breedline are hit with grenades, knocking everyone unconscious except for Steven, Jem, and Casey. While Sebastian and Thomas escape through the portal, taking Jace with them, the rest of the Breedline regains consciousness and takes Samuel Mercier—a Breedline traitor who is helping Thomas—into custody. 
 
When Sebastian found Eve’s note she’d left behind telling him good-bye, he was desperate to get her back. But that had to be put on the back burner. Now that the Breedline had their location, Sebastian and his twin brother had no choice but to go with Dr. Crane’s men when they came for Jace and hide out at the research facility where they had taken Tessa and her mother Lilith.
As Dr. Crane forces Jace—who is drugged and chained—to his research facility, he demands him to bring forth his Beast. When Jace refuses to give in, the evil physician orders his men to punish Jace with a whip made of silver. Enduring the torture, Jace continues to resist. But when Dr. Crane threatens to harm Tessa, his anger fuels within him, unleashing the Beast. With a compelling desire to save his beloved, the Beast breaks free of his restraints and attacks his enemies. Managing to elude the Beast’s attack, Dr. Crane orders his hybrids to be released.  
 
As Casey and Kyle finally find Tessa—who is unconscious and barely breathing—and her mother Lilith—who appears unconscious inside a plastic, cylinder tube—Sebastian and Thomas catch them off guard. With a gun held to Kyle’s head, and a knife to Casey’s throat, time is ticking as the rest of the Breedline fight in battle alongside the Beast against the hybrids.
 
When Lilith comes around, she is furious at the sight of her daughter Tessa—who is unconscious—and demands answers. Angered by Thomas’s weakness, Sebastian rats his own brother out and confirms his connection with Dr. Hubert Crane. As Thomas begs Lilith for forgiveness, gunfire blasts from outside the room, catching Thomas in the crossfire.   
 
With rage burning in her veins, Lilith is determined to put an end to Dr. Hubert Crane for all the evil he has brought upon the her and others. Now that Thomas is dead, Sebastian conjures a portal and takes Lilith to confront the evil physician.
 
Finally, Lilith puts an end to Dr. Crane, and Kyle and Casey gets Tessa—who is still unconscious—to safety outside the facility.  
 
Using a portal, Jem took Jace and Tessa back to the Breedline Covenant praying that Dr. Helen Carrington could save Tessa and her unborn twins. With Cassie’s assistance, Helen delivered the babies, but couldn’t get Tessa to stop hemorrhaging.
 

Continued...

Jace rushed over with his son nestled against his chest and stood next to Tessa. He grasped a hold of her cold hand and begged, “Please, Tessa. Don’t leave me. Open your eyes, honey.”
            Tessa couldn’t hear him. She’d drifted too close to death.
            As Cassie and Helen worked on Tessa, it was as if she’d already given up the fight, her skin cold and her face so pale. Remembering he’d sworn to protect his family, Jace turned to Jem. “Please... you’ve got to save her.”
            Lisa, invisible to everyone in the room, reached out to Jem, hoping to find a connection within his mind. Listen to me Jem, Lisa said. You were born with the gift to heal. Use the bond you once had with Tessa. All you have to do is take her hand.   
            Lisa knew she was out of time as a light sheltered her from above, surrounding her with something she’d almost forgotten after all these years: Unbridled love. Trapped inside a body she wasn’t born with, but instead transformed by pure evil, she was finally set free and upward she flew.   
            Hearing the soft voice in his head, Jem immediately recognized it as Tessa’s mother. After he had placed the baby in the incubator, he moved next to Jace and said, “I can save her.”
            With a weary expression, Jace looked at Jem and stepped back, disentangling his fingers from Tessa’s.
            As Jem brought his hand forward, he imagined himself surrounded by comforting thoughts. With their hands joined, Jem’s connection to Tessa was warm and loving. Closing his eyes, he narrowed his focus to nothing but her. Jem blocked out everyone in the room—the voice’s of Helen and Cassie as they traded clinical terms, and his brother, who loomed over Tessa.
            There was only the faintest sign of life, and Jem knew that indeed, it was nearly too late to save Tessa. Concentrating on healing her, he drew on the strength of their Breedline bond they’d briefly once shared long ago.
            Jem’s body suddenly began to shimmer like a million diamonds, casting over Tessa, covering her with a fluorescent glow.      
            He released her hand and whispered into the innermost part of her mind. Open your eyes, Tessa.   
            The soft sound of Jem’s voice inside her head roused her to consciousness. Through narrow slits, Jem’s blue eyes had been the first thing that came into Tessa’s view.    
            Jace had been in agony as he quickly moved to her side, but slowly his pain lifted when he saw her face. Tessa no longer looked as if death was winning the battle.
            Panic leaped into Tessa’s throat, fearing the worst. Her breath caught as she opened her mouth to speak. “Are the babies okay?”  
            “Thank God,” Jace blurted, grasping her hand. “Yes, baby. They’re just fine. I thought I’d lost you.”  
            “Me, too,” she whispered.
            Jace lowered the baby next to her. “I’ve got someone here who wants to meet you. He’s our first born, honey.”
            Tessa looked at her baby for the first time and smoothed her hand over his blond hair. The instant her touch fell upon him, he turned his head and cooed.
            “Hello, sweetheart,” Tessa whispered to the baby. Shifting her eyes, she looked up at Jem and said, “Thank you.”
            Jem merely smiled. “Tessa,” he hesitated for a moment, “your mother’s spirit was here. She helped me save you.”
            Tessa reached out and put her hand on his. “She’s gone, isn’t she?”
            He nodded. “Your mother will always be with you, Tessa.” He squeezed her hand. “She’ll always be in your heart.”   
            “Sorry to interrupt,” Helen said. “I just want to do a quick check on your vitals, Tessa.” Linking her stethoscope around her neck, Helen looked at Jem moments later. “Whatever you did, you completely healed her. The bleeding has stopped.”
            Tessa raised her head, her face expressing concern. “Where’s baby Jax?”
            When Cassie rolled the incubator over, Tessa’s expression eased and her eyes watered as she looked into his big blue eyes. The same beautiful blue as his father. “Hello, my sweetheart,” Tessa murmured.
            Jace leaned over and placed his lips to Tessa’s. “I love you, Tessa.”
            “I love you, more.”          
            As Helen went over to the door, she paused and looked at Tessa. “Your father is probably riddled with worry, Tessa. I’m going to tell him and everyone else waiting outside that you and the twins are just fine.”
            Tessa nodded. “Thank you, Helen.”
            Before Helen stepped out, Tessa said, “Wait. Will you tell my father I would like to see him? He needs to know,” she paused and took a deep breath, “about my mother.”
            “Yes, of course.”
            A few moments later, Kenneth came in and shut the door behind him. As he looked at Tessa, his entire body sagged in relief. Struggling to keep his emotions in, he quickly lost the fight as tears spilled down his face.
            “Thank God.” Kenneth’s voice trembled.  
            As Kenneth came up to Tessa, he leaned down and gathered her into his arms, hugging her tenderly. “You scared the wits out of us all, honey.”
            “I’m okay, Dad,” she said, a smile in her voice. At that moment she decided to wait to tell her father the news about her mother. “Would you like to meet your grandchildren?”
            “Yes,” he said, swallowing back tears, “absolutely.”
            When Kenneth pulled from their embrace, he glanced up to see Jace with a tiny bundle cradled against his chest.
            “Meet our first born son... Jem,” Jace said as he gently placed his son in Kenneth’s arms.
            Kenneth looked into the eyes of his grandson and said, “Hello, Jem. I’m your grandpa, and I’m going to spoil you rotten.”
            Cassie moved next to Kenneth. “This is his little brother, Jax,” she said. “He was born four minutes after his big brother.”
            “He’s so tiny,” Kenneth said as he exchanged babies with Cassie. “Well, well... hello little Jax. I’m your grandpa, and I’m going to spoil you, too.”
            The baby blinked a couple of times trying to focus on Kenneth’s voice. When he finally managed to open his eyes, his mouth formed a little smile as if he knew he was in loving arms.
            “He smiled,” Kenneth murmured.
            Jace chuckled. “You know what they say when a baby smiles, don’t you?”
            “He’s happy?” Kenneth queried.
            Jace grinned with a cocked brow. “Rule number one... whoever’s holding the baby when he poops has to change him.”
            Tessa frowned. “Jace.”
            Jace shrugged his shoulders. “Well, I’m just saying.”     
            “Can we come in?”
            Tessa glanced up to see Angel peeking inside the doorway. Just behind her were Celina, Mia, Jackson, and Alexander. Tessa smiled and motioned them inside. Angel, who was holding onto Natalie’s hand, hurried in and quickly enfolded her in a gentle hug. Standing beside Angel, Celina held onto baby Arius. His eyes brightened when he saw Tessa. “Baa-bee,” he mumbled around his thumb.
            Celina whispered in his ear, “Now you have two more playmates.”
            “We were so worried about you,” Angel said as she pulled away from Tessa. “Thank God you’re all right.”
            “I’m just fine, Angel,” Tessa reassured. “Would you like to see the twins?”
            Angel’s eyes lit up with excitement. “Are you kidding me? I would love to.”
            As Angel and Celina moved closer to Cassie to get a look at the baby she was holding, Celina said, “Oh, he’s adorable. I can’t wait to have one of my own.”   
            With Tidus in her arms, Mia made her way over to Tessa. “Congratulations, Tessa. I’m so happy for you and Jace. I don’t think I’ve said it enough, but thank you. I can never repay you and Jace enough for your kindness. What you’ve done for Arius and Tidus... and Eve. I don’t know why—I can’t even comprehend it all—but I thank God you have such a loving and forgiving heart.”     
            “You’re more than welcome, Mia.” Tessa smiled. “But I may need a babysitter from time to time.”
            “All you have to do is ask. I’d be more than happy to help out.”
            Jackson stepped forward with Alexander following close behind and moved over to Jace. “Congratulations,” Jackson said as he put his hand on his shoulder. “I’m proud of you, Jace.”
            “Thanks, Uncle Jacks. You know we named our second born after you?”
            “That’s wonderful Jace,” he said gratefully. “Thank you.”
            “I think that name fits perfectly,” Alexander spoke out as he stood next to Jackson.        
            Jace looked delighted at that declaration. “Would you like to meet your grandsons?”
            Alexander grinned, simply absorbing the joy of becoming a grandfather. He was no longer held prisoner by the Chiang-shih demon, possessing his soul for all those years. He was moving into a future filled with happiness and a family. “I’d be honored... son.”
            As Tim, Drakon, Kyle, Casey, and Steven stepped quietly into the room, Jem looked dumbstruck. “How did you guys get here?”
            Jace was relieved to see them but was also surprised they’d arrived back at the Covenant so quickly. “Yeah,” Jace said confused. “How did you guys make it back so fast? It’s not like you traveled through a portal unless Jem has lightning speed I wasn’t aware of.”
            “It’s a long story.” Tim shrugged it off like it was nothing. “I’ll explain it to you later.”
            Now was not the time or the place to tell everyone that Sebastian had come back and surrendered himself over to them freely. Jace would flip out and lose control. They didn’t need the Beast revealing himself at this happy occasion. After everything settled down, he would explain the situation. Sebastian had brought them back to the Covenant using a portal and was now locked up in confinement, swearing he wouldn’t escape. Yeah, whatever, Tim thought. Sebastian’s word meant nothing, but at this point, he was willing to see where this went. Probably south, he thought, bringing a shit load of problems with it.  
            Jem looked at Tim suspiciously and shook his head but didn’t try to press the issue. His emotions were already all over the place.     
            “Whatever,” Jace muttered. “I’m just glad you made it back in one piece.”
            “Yeah, me too,” Drakon said, exhaling a deep breath. He shifted his gaze across the room toward his beloved Cassie who looked like a pro holding a baby. He couldn’t wait to have children with her someday. When she looked up at him, she smiled and silently mouthed, I love you.  
            I love you, too, Drakon mouthed soundlessly.
            Steven stared anxiously at Tessa, his eyes brimming with worry. She gave him a reassuring nod so he’d know that everything was all right.
            From across the room, Jace eyed Kyle and Casey, motioning them over.
            As they tip-toed past everyone, Jace stared at them, his blue eyes steely with resolve. “I don’t know if I ever thanked you two,” he said quietly. “Thank you for the risk you put yourself in for my family even though I was such a hard-ass on you guys.”
            A glimmer of a smile lit Casey’s face. “No problem. Congratulations, Jace.”
            Kyle slapped Jace on the back and muttered a low hooyah. “Yeah, congratulations, bro. I’m proud of you. But don’t think I’m gonna be changing poopy diapers anytime soon.”
            Jace rolled his eyes and held up his middle finger. “Don’t worry... your day is coming.”
            Tim patted Steven’s shoulder and whispered, “Tessa’s just fine, Steven.”
            When he hesitated, Drakon nudged him a little. “Go on,” he lightly chuckled. “Get your ass over there.”
            Steven moved toward the examination table Tessa was on as everyone hastily moved so he could have access to her. Without hesitation, he leaned down and hugged her. “I’m so glad your okay, Tessa.”
            She closed her eyes and clung to him fiercely. “Me, too.”
            “I’m sorry about our mother,” Steven’s voice was shaky. “I couldn’t... save her.”
            “Shhh,” she soothed. “It’s okay. She helped save me.”
            He pulled away. “But how?”
            “She helped Jem with his healing powers. He healed me.”
            The helplessness in his eyes made her feel empathy, and she hastened to ease his worry. “Would you like to meet our father?”
            Steven’s eyes flashed wide. “Y-yes,” he stammered. “Is he here in the Covenant?”
            She shifted her gaze and looked past Steven. “He’s standing right beside you.”
            Steven glanced over at a man standing next to him. He had salt-and-pepper hair and the brightest emerald green eyes. With his hand extended, he said, “Hello, son.”
            As Steven reached out to grasp his hand, Kenneth pulled him into a tight embrace, hugging him so tightly that Steven felt smothered. And it was the best feeling in the world.
            He pulled from Kenneth’s embrace and looked into his watery eyes. “Are you truly my father?”
            Kenneth nodded, tears slipping freely from his eyes. “Yes, son.”
            As Tessa watched father and son meet for the very first time, she looked up at Jace and said, “I love you.”
            Jace sat down next to Tessa and wrapped his arms around her. “I love you too, baby,” he said, his voice filled with so much love and devotion.
            Completely content, she snuggled more firmly into his embrace and let out a long sigh.
            As everyone took turns holding the twins, the room quieted when the sound of a knock came from outside the door. When it slowly opened, John and Sarah peeked in. “Is it all right if we come in?”
            Jace motioned them inside. “Come see your grandbabies.”
            John and Sarah’s smiles were instantaneous. She tugged at John’s arm, pulling him inside and whispered in a loud voice, “We have grandbabies!”
            Life had taught everyone in the Breedline Covenant that nothing worthwhile came easy, but everything was all the more rewarding for the sacrifices made.    

Coming soon... Sins of Chaos / A Novel of the Breedline series

 




NOTE: This is not part of the chapter. A reference for terms and cast of characters, especially for new readers:

BREEDLINE - A species of humans that have the ability to change from human form into a wolf. They are not like the old legend of the Lycanthropy myth. Breedline species can shift into their wolf at will. The moon has no power over them. They do not pass their ability to other humans with a bite or scratch like the Lycanthropy myth.
The Breedline gene is passed down to offspring that are born identical twins. Although they live amongst humans, their species must be kept secret.
In wolf form, they have super strength, speed, and heightened senses. Compared to humans, Breedlines have tremendous advantages when it comes to health. Their bodies heal fast and are not subject to illnesses or diseases. The only thing that slows their healing process is silver. It is their kryptonite. Besides old age, a silver bullet to the brain is the only thing deadly to the species. All males change into their wolf at the age of eighteen. Females do not go through the change until they make love to their Breedline bonded mate.

BREEDLINE TWINS - Identical twins that are born from either one or both parents of the Breedline species. They have a strong, unbreakable bond from birth, are born with telepathic abilities, and have the power to sense the other's emotions or injuries. In some cases, the bond between twins are so strong that if one dies, the other twin may pass on, especially if they don't have a mate.

BREEDLINE BONDING - The male Breedline spends their life in search of their bonded mate. When the male comes in contact with her, he instantly feels a simultaneous, desirable attraction and she becomes the most important thing in his life. He is there to love, protect, and cherish her until death. Once they are mated, they bond for life. It is possible for them to have more than one mate in their lifespan.

BELOVED - A word used by a Breedline to express the bond to their mate.

DOUBLE BONDED - In some cases, male Breedline twins bond with the same female but one will carry a stronger bond. Usually one of them must sacrifice for the other twin.

BREEDLINE COVENANT - The Breedline species must live within the boundaries of a Covenant, which is only formed with their species. The Covenant is governed and ruled by a head council. The council keeps their laws in order and oversees the species population.

THE BREEDLINE QUEEN - Over centuries the Breedline Covenant is ruled by a true queen. If there is no queen living, the Covenants are governed by an appointed head council until another one is born. A Breedline queen is born once every one hundred years. Her massive stature, black fur, and red eyes are the queen's trademarks. Her alpha wolf has twice the strength, speed, and size of any Breedline. The queen is expected to rule over all the Breedline Covenants where she will be respected and obeyed by all Breedline. This is their absolute True Law.

THE QUEENS RING - This ring has been passed down to all Breedline queens for generations. When the new queen places the ring on, it instantly shifts in size to fit her finger.

TRUE LAW - All Breedline Covenants have an ancient book of laws. If either sex disobeys the Breedline laws, they can be shunned, or no longer protected by their Covenant. If a Breedline takes another life out of revenge, or evil - other than protecting their life and the life of another - they will never have the ability to shift back human and will be cast out as a rogue wolf.

ROGUE WOLF - A Breedline shunned by their Covenant for taking another life out of revenge or evil and forced to live as a wolf until death without the ability to change human again. Some rogue wolves form into packs, which can be dangerous for other Breedline species.

RED (BLOOD) MOON - When the full moon passes through the amber shadow of the earth, producing a midnight eclipse visible across North America. So begins a lunar eclipse tetrad, a series of four consecutive total eclipses occurring at approximately six-month intervals. This incredible light beams into the heart of earth's shadow, filling it with a coppery glow and transforming the moon into a great red orb. During this time, all Breedline species that are mated have a strong desire to create offspring. This is also a time when Breedline females are more fertile for the conception of twins.

CHIANG-SHIH DEMON (Kiang shi, a.k.a Ramael Arminius) - An ancient demon that inhabits the body of a Breedline fetus before it's born, or during a Breedline's death. It continues to take the soul over the natural lifespan of the child, or the deceased Breedline. When the demon possesses a fetus, it breaks the bonding and telepathic abilities of their twin when they are born. If the demon possesses a deceased Breedline's body, it must do so before the soul passes on. If the soul is not intact, the body will soon die.
In most cases, the Chiang-shih demon will take the life of the other twin, even before their birth. The twin that is born with the demon will bring only evil to whomever they encounter. Their sole purpose is to gain full control of another soul and seek world domination.

There are two ways the demon is cast from the soul it possesses: by its firstborn son, and by the Angel of Mercy, Zadkiel. The Beast is the only one who can kill a Chiang-shih demon.

THE BEAST - He is the second born son of the Chiang-shih demon. When provoked into a rage, he will shift into his Beast instead of his Breedline wolf. The Beast is an enormous, dangerous two-footed creature that has wolf-like features. One bite has enough venom to kill the Chiang-shih demon and leave the soul of the person the demon possessed unharmed.

SHADOW WALKER (a.k.a Shadow Figure, or Black Mass) - The perception of a patch of shadow as a living, humanoid figure, particularly interpreted by the Breedline as the presence of a malevolent entity. When a Breedline species dies and does not pass on to the other side, they are left to roam the earth as a shadow of themselves - a ghost. They will not pass on until they have settled unfinished business before their death.

ZADKIEL (Tzadqiel, a.k.a "Righteousness of God") - The Archangel of freedom, benevolence, and mercy, and the Patron Angel of all who forgive. Breedline species tradition considers him to be the Angel of Mercy.

SUCCUBUS (a.k.a CREEPERS) - Creatures that search for, and feeds off the blood of the Breedline species. Creepers are skilled at extreme sexual pleasure, and the ecstasy they create is exceedingly intense and highly addictive. They cast off a scent that hypnotizes Breedlines into overwhelming sexual urges. They use their human-like bodies and beautiful features to control and influence their thoughts.
They have the ability to reach into the Breedline's mind during sleep, casting a spell of dreams about sexual contact, or intercourse. And one much less obvious manifestation of Creepers is nightmares - realistic, graphic, terrifying nightmares that rob the Breedline of sleep. Over a period, it can lead to severe fatigue and depression, leaving them emotionally and spiritually drained. Death can occur if they completely take over the Breedline's body.

HALF-BREED - This species is born with the genes from both Breedline and succubus. They can bond with either a full-blood Breedline or another half-breed. They do not have the ability to change into the Breedline wolf, but they do need blood from them to survive. With the power to hypnotize, most Breedlines have minimal respect and credence toward the half-breed species.

WICCA (or Wise One) - According to the Breedline species, a Wicca is the goddess of magic, witchcraft, the night, moon, ghosts, and necromancy. A Wicca is also considered to be a demonic spirit. It is unclear to the Breedline if they act under the orders of the devil, or they are simply not understood and treated as outcasts. They have the ability to do white magic (good) or dark (evil).

GUARDIANS (a.k.a Spirits of the Forest) - They originated during the Middle Ages with the purpose of protecting all creatures, especially the Breedline, from the destruction of any creation made by a dark Wicca. They have the ability to stay invisible with the power to move through any barrier and over any distance instantly.

THERIOMORPH - This species is born with the genes of a Breedline, but do not have the ability to change into a Breedline wolf. They shape shift into an enormous black panther. They possess powers of mind manipulation and random visions of the future. They must use the drug dopamine to suppress their urges. Their eye color shifts into a glowing lavender when their Theriomorph nature takes over. The Breedline see them as a threat to their species.

Jace Chamberlain (a.k.a The Beast) - He is a Breedline species who later discovers that his birth father, who is possessed by the Chiang-shih demon, murdered his mother when he and his twin brother were four years old. Raised by their new foster family and their uncle Jacks, he later discovers he was born with a curse of the Beast. With the help of his twin brother Jem, and his bonded mate Tessa, they help him cope with his rage to keep the Beast at bay. He's an IT engineer and is the lead singer and plays acoustic guitar in the band Chaos.

Jem Chamberlain (a.k.a The Chosen Son) - He is a Breedline species and Jace's twin brother. He carries the gene of the Chiang-shih demon that gives him the power to create a portal, and a force of electric energy used as a weapon and other powers he discovers later. His bonded mate is Mia Blackwood, and he's an IT engineer and the drummer in the band Chaos.

Tessa Fairchild - (a.k.a The Breedline Queen) - She was born into the human world and later discovers she's a Breedline. Abandoned by her parents, she was raised by her aunt and uncle without the knowledge of being born a twin. After she meets Jace, they become bonded mates. During her first change into her Breedline wolf, she is the new Breedline queen. She is an inspiring artist.

Mia Blackwood - She is a half-breed and Jem's bonded mate. Abandoned at birth and raised in human foster care, she later finds her twin sister, Eve.

EVE - She is a half-breed and Sebastian's bonded mate. Growing up in human foster care, she spent her entire childhood abused until Sebastian saves her. Scorned from her past, she lashes out in anger, living a life of crime later to discover her twin sister, Mia Blackwood. After realizing the Chiang-shih demon possesses Sebastian, Eve clings to the past in hopes of reuniting with her beloved. Now that Sebastian is finally free of the demon, she has trust issues, worried he has an alternative plan for their sons.

Sebastian Crow - He is a half-breed, and Eve's bonded mate. After he had been killed by Jace in self- defense, he was possessed by the Chiang-shih demon after the Angel of Mercy cast him out of Alexander's body. As he tried to portray Sebastian's life, Eve finally figured out his secret. Keeping her captive only to survive on her blood, he later develops feelings for her. The demon creates a death army, determined to dominate the world and unleash his wrath among humans and the Breedline. Now free from the demon, he is determined to reunite with his beloved Eve who is kept prisoner by the Breedline Covenant awaiting trial for her past crimes against them.

Alexander Crest - He is a Breedline who was possessed by the Chiang-shih demon before birth. Murdering his family, Alexander kidnapped his twin's bonded mate, Katlyn Gray. Keeping her prisoner against her will, she becomes pregnant with his twins. As she managed to escape before she gave birth, Alexander eventually kills her in a fit of rage. Returning for his chosen son twenty-two years later, he is determined to convince him to join his army. After the battle between the Breedline, the demon is finally cast out of Alexander setting his soul free. For the demon's past crimes, Alexander is pardoned and must reside in the Breedline Covenant. Praying for forgiveness, he reunites with his twin sons, Jace and Jem. As he fights to keep his new family safe, romance blossoms with Dr. Helen Carrington.

Tim Ross - He is a Breedline species and head council of the California Covenant. Angel, his bonded mate - who is a half-breed - has Tim's daughter they named Natalie, after her sister.

Angel - She is a half-breed and Tim's bonded mate.

Natalie - She is a half-breed and Tim and Angel's daughter.

Kyle Jones - He is a Breedline species that resides in the California Covenant. Having lost his family to a house fire at childhood, his uncle Tim Ross has raised him since. Celina Baldolf is his bonded mate. He's a mechanic and also Jace and Jem's close friend, and plays bass in the rock band Chaos.

Casey Barton - He was born of the Breedline species, and lives in the California Covenant. He was adopted by Tim Ross's brother and carries a deep dark secret, afraid to reveal to the Breedline. He is a clothing model and plays backup bass and keyboards in the band Chaos.

Dr. Helen Carrington - She is a Breedline species and a physician at the California Bates hospital for both Breedlines and humans. Later, she discovers Jace and Jem carry a gene, possibly used for a cure to stop the aging process in her species. After Alexander's demon is banished, he is pardoned for all past crimes and welcomed into the Breedline Covenant. When he meets Helen, they become bonded mates.

Drakon Hexus - He is a Breedline species. At a young age, his first bonded mate was killed by her father. In a rage, he hunts and kills her murderer, breaking the Breedline's True Law. Shunned by his Covenant and forced to live as a rogue wolf, he's promised his humanity back if he joins the Chiang-shih demon's army. After Drakon discovers the demon's plans to destroy all humans and half-breeds, he betrays him and joins forces with the Breedline. As time passes, he bonds with another mate, Cassie Chamberlain.

Samuel Mercier - He is a Breedline and a council member from France that has secretly turned against his own Covenant to help the Chiang-shih demon. He and his other Breedline traitors go into hiding after the Breedline destroy the demon, desperate to seek revenge against the Covenant.

Fredrick Mercier - He is a Breedline and Samuel Mercier's identical twin. Also, he's a council member from France that has secretly turned against the Covenant to help the Chiang-shih demon.

Corbin Azzo - He is a Breedline and a council member that has turned against the Covenant to help the Chiang-shih demon.

Steven Pasquale (a.k.a Steven Craven) - He inherited the genes of a Breedline and an Adalwolf. He was taken from his mother and forced to endure a life of endless, painful experiments by a German physician's, Dr. Hans Autenburg and Dr. Hubert Crane. Without the knowledge of his real family, Steven finally manages to escape his captors, locating his biological parents and fraternal twin, Tessa Fairchild.

Lisa Wellington (a.k.a Lilith) - She is a Breedline with the gift to heal. After she becomes pregnant with twins, she mysteriously disappears. Taken against her will by Dr. Hans Autenburg, she is forced to endure a life of torture. After years of experiments, her human form is altered into a creature that goes against the laws of nature. With her memory completely erased, Lisa is transformed into Lilith. Her bonded mate, Kenneth Craven desperately searches for Lisa for years. But when their telepathic connection is severed he losses all hope of locating her and his unborn twins.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. scongrove All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
scongrove has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.