Humor Fiction posted April 13, 2018 Chapters:  ...15 16 -17- 18... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Short Story

A chapter in the book Short Stories and Flash

Taking One for the Country

by michaelcahill













 

Kelly was adamant. "Dammit, Mr. President, it just isn't a good idea to invite Putin for a weekend of golf at Mar a Lago. Tensions between our countries have never been higher".
 
"Johnny, Johnny boy, I can handle him. He's just another contractor putting up some dry wall to me. Piece of cake. Anyway, he likes me ... everybody does. Once we get together, play a couple holes and he sees how cool my pad is, he'll see, I'm a neat guy to hang out with. He'll want to be friends with me, everybody does."
 
"But, but ... Mr. Presi ..."
 
"Stow it, Keely or Kiley, whatever ... Tell Preebut to book a flight."
 
"Priebus? You fired Priebus, Mr. President. A long time ago".
 
"Well, Bannon, whoever".
 
"You fired ... I'll get right on it, sir".
 

~~~~~~~~~FOUR DAYS LATER--MAR A LAGO
 
A shirtless Vladimir Putin rides up to the first tee at the Mar Lago golf course. "Do I have to dismount to play game?"
 
Trump smiles and answers, "You do, unless you have an extra-long putter".
 
Putin almost smiles as Trump whispers loudly to Sarah Huckabee, "That was a good one, Spicer".
 
Trump waggles his club and hits a drive down the fairway about eighty yards. "Wow, about two hundred fifty yards, wouldn't you say, Scamouchitochi?"
 
Putin glanced at the empty space Trump directed his remark to and teed up his ball. He swung and missed. He glared intently at Trump.
 
"Nice drive, Vlad. I think you edged me a bit in distance there. Shall we retire to dinner?" The wind seemed to blow gently through Trump's hair. It was a small fan being held by Huckabee.
 

~~~~~~~BY THE FIREPLACE
 
"Vlad, this whole Syria business. I've got to tell the American people something to shut them up ...."
 
Vladimir wasn't talking. He approached Trump, shirtless as always and planted a deep kiss on his lips. "This is how we handle problem in Russia".
 
Trump blushed a dark shade of burnt sienna, "Oh, Vlad, I told them all, you like me, you really like me".
 
(To show good taste and spare the faint of heart, I'll leave the details of their lovemaking to the imagination)
 

~~~~~~~~THE PRESS CONFERENCE
 
"Mr. President, Mr. President. wasn't it unusual to be playing golf with Putin while there's a crisis between our two nations?"
 
"There's no crisis. I told you before. Putin likes me. What's so bad about us getting along? Isn't it better that we get along. Anyway, you don't have to worry. We came to several agreements. We'll be working very closely from here on out, very closely ... intimately you might say. Oh, and from here on out, he is to be called: Vlad the Impaler".

 
                                  
The End (pun intended)

 



Romance Writing Contest contest entry


Just silliness.



Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. michaelcahill All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
michaelcahill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.