Biographical Non-Fiction posted April 3, 2018


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
We met, three months later we married.

Love started a very long time ago.

by robina1978

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.
The author has placed a warning on this post for sexual content.

We met on my first holiday alone. I was twenty-six years old. Robert was nine years older. As you know he recently died.

None of my friends managed time off back then. So I nearly sold the ticket to my mother. The first day after the flight I got myself a chaperon-a nice old lady to share the table with.

The holiday was to Corfu, the only Greek isle with hardly any culture. Robert came with a friend (Brian) to play golf. I just forgot to check. Pretty stupid of me, I reckoned.

The first day an Italian guy asked me to go to town. We went by bus, but he had no interest at all in culture or things I liked.
He asked: 'When shall we meet again?'
My answer was : 'I don't know, let's wait and see. Freely translated I've got no interest.'

At night I went to the disco in the hotel. Robert asked me to dance straight away. He saw the Italian guy giving him filthy looks.
He asked me: 'What's up?'
I explained what happened.
When the music stopped he took me back to my room. The only polite thing to say was: 'Do you want to come in for a coffee?'
He said: 'Yes please, I'll have it black, lots of sugar and a little milk.'
I just forgot to check. We didn't take long to fall into bed resulting in making love for the first time. We always hassled who made the first move. I asked him to find me a job as a Registrar Psychiatrist. -- psychologist, but the sadistic statistics kept me away, lol). We both claimed the other one did.

The next day I rented a small car. The brakes were faulty. But we left in it anyway with his friend on the back seat. On a steep hill I turned, which was a heck of a job.
Robert : 'Shall I do this for you? I am used to driving mountains.'
I answered: 'No way, the car is only insured on my name.'
The joint decision was to work together: he did the brakes and I did the steering and gas pedal.

The rest of the time we spent together. The last day I fancied shopping, because I had money left. All of us (three) went. Robert and Brian kept me from buying the ring I fancied. He gave it as an engagement ring. So I came back engaged to be married. The decision was not hard to make. He had dark hair and three sons by his first wife, just like a fortune teller told me years before we met.

We saw each other every fortnight during the three months. We were broke after this. My parents paid for the wedding.

I asked him to find me a job as a Registrar Psychiatrist. He found me one. After a short wedding holiday we moved into his flat.

Our marriage had his ups and downs, like with most people. We always solved the problems mainly before we went to sleep. Occasionally it took a bit longer.

'Robert, you are the LOVE of my life and always will be. Even death can't part us. Not EVER.'



Romance Writing Contest contest entry

Recognized


Many thanks to Jasper56 for the lovely photo.
Thanks to Rasmine for the excellent tips.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Jasper56 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. robina1978 All rights reserved.
robina1978 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.