Mystery and Crime Fiction posted March 5, 2018 Chapters:  ...11 12 -13- 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Monroe catches Henry, and it all becomes clear.

A chapter in the book Detective Monroe

It all falls into place with capture

by SLMorrical


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.
The author has placed a warning on this post for sexual content.



Background
A serial Killer looks like the main Detective on the case. During the case the detective finds his twin sister. The killer taunts the Detective, and the capture of the killer makes everything clearer.
Eddie was able to find a judge for the search warrant, and with warrant in hand Detective Monroe prepared to arrest Henry. "Hey Ricky, want to come with me and serve this warrant?"

"Sure Eddie lets go." Detective Scan jumped out of his seat and followed Monroe out the station door.
Once in the car Ricky looked at Eddie, "Where we going Eddie?"

"To serve this warrant and arrest Henry for the murders of those women."

"You found him?"

"Yes, I told you last night. I followed him to a residence, and this warrant is for that residence."

Detective Monroe and Detective Scan pulled up to 336 Shane Blvd the Melview apartments, headed to the apartment number on listed on the warrant. As the two Detectives reach the hallway to the apartment to serve the warrant they can't believe their eyes. Coming out of the apartment was a carbon copy of Eddie it was like looking into the mirror, but it was Henry. Henry saw them and went back inside. Eddie thought how can this be? Detective Scan knocked on apartment 203. Sarah Chapman's apartment, Eddie's Twin sister, only she doesn't know they are twins. Eddie keeps running the same question over and over again . Why would she protect Henry? She may not read or watch the news, but her friend was murdered. Eddie realizes that the only way to answer that question is to ask Sarah.

Sarah opens the door with a surprised look on her face. "Detective Monroe, I told you everything I know." "Why are you here?"
"Do you live alone Ms.? Detective Scan asked Sarah.

"Yes I do Detective?"

"Scan, Detective Scan. Detective Monroe and myself saw a man come out this door and go back into this apartment."

"That's impossible, I live alone and none else have lived here since Tracy, who is dead."

"Mrs. Chapman your friend was killed by the man we saw come into this apartment, and we have a warrant to search this apartment." Eddie spoke with anger in his voice.

Detective Scan handed Sally the search warrant. The two Detectives proceed to search the apartment. Another officer arrives and sits in the living room with Sally to ensure she doesn't go anywhere. "Hey Monroe, Ricky yells, you need to come here." Eddie hurries towards Ricky's voice. Eddie finds Ricky in one of the bedrooms in a closet. "Eddie look at this a closet full of men's clothes." Monroe leaves that bedroom and goes to confront Sally about what Detective Scan has found.

"Well Ms. Chapman, Monroe looked at Sally accusingly. I thought you lived alone. If that is the case, why is there a closet full of men's clothes?" As Monroe looked at Sally waiting for an answer he started to get that nagging feeling that detectives get when they know something is just not right, but what? Sally started to get real nervous. She got up of the couch and started pacing, and her expression changed. Monroe knew something was up. Sally turned towards Monroe and just starred right at him.

"You must be Monroe." The voice was not Sally's voice, it was the voice on the phone that taunted him. It was Henry's voice, as Sally spoke in this voice,Detective Scan comes in to the living room. He can't believe what he is hearing, and stands frozen, starring at Eddie.

"Monroe what's going on?" Ricky doesn't know how to react.

It all came together at that moment, for Monroe. Everything made sense just then. No semen for DNA, the killer looking like him. Monroe turns to Ricky. "Scan call for back up." Detective Scan immediately calls.

"It's finally good to face the man that looks like me." Henry smiled an evil smile.

Monroe smiles back at him/her. "Why Henry, Why did you kill, and why use Sally?"
"Who do you think took care of her and released her soul after that bum finance of hers broke her. I did, and like all women who are alone because of a man, I freed her soul and gave her peace. She died so I can live, and all those women had to die so their soul could be released and be at peace."
When back up arrived Monroe had Sally/Henry in handcuffs. "Detective Monroe!" Chad yelled as he entered the door.
Monroe meet Chad at the door and handed Sally/Henry over to him. "Take her to the station." Monroe said with certainty. "And have Forensics test everything in this apartment. Detective Scan, did you find the knife, the murder weapon?"

"Yes it was in a bag in the closet, and it still has blood on it."

Monroe put Sally/Henry into an interrogation room. "Someone Call Dr. Larson, we need a shrink for an evaluation." In the interrogation it was just the Henry persona, and Doctor Larson stated that after the initial psyche evaluation it was Henry that is now the dominate personality. Forensics found clothing that had blood on it from all the victims, and the murder weapon had blood that matched all the victims. The strangest thing they found was Sally's DNA from licking the knife blade.

Monroe called Sally's parents when he arrived at the station, and they showed up shortly after that. "Detective, you said Sally was arrested for murder, but why?" Mrs. Chapman was in tears, as she asked that question.

"Well Mr. and Mrs. Chapman, your daughter has been killing and raping women in this city, but as a man named Henry."

"Detective are you crazy, and how could she rape and murder women?" Mr. Chapman's responded in anger at the accusation against his daughter.

"Apparently Sally snapped with the whole engagement fiasco and became Henry to punish herself, because her finance broke up with her to be with a man." Monroe said with an understanding of what happened.

"What, how did we not know? We could of helped her."

"Mr. Chapman, when I first met you and your wife, you told me you tried to help her, but she didn't want help and then disappeared, so you did what you could. The reason I searched you out is because I discovered I had a twin sister, and you adopted her. Also the only reason I discovered that information, was because I was also adopted, the person that was committing these rape and murders looked like me."

"Thank you for calling us Detective. Can we see her?"

"Sure you can." Monroe felt their pain, because he never got to know his sister and it was to late to try.

"I wouldn't recommend you seeing Sally, Mr. and Mrs. Chapman." Doctor Larson stated.
"Why not, and who are you?"

"I am Doctor Larson, the department's Psychiatrist."

"Hello, Dr. Larson." They shook her hand.

"She's not Sally anymore, she's Henry, and he may not know you."

"Can we at least try?" Mrs. Chapman asked with tears in her eyes.
Detective Monroe takes Mr. and Mrs. Chapman in the back to see Sally/Henry. Henry looks at them and doesn't even acknowledge who they are. "Detective Monroe, I want to talk to you." Sally says in Henry's voice.

"What Henry?" Monroe ask as he enters the interrogation room Sally/Henry is in.

"Who are those people and what is your first name?"

"Those are Sally's parents and my first name is Eddie, why?"

"Because Eddie, I have a question for you."

"What is that Henry?"

"Well Eddie I want to know why you and I look alike?" Henry was truly confused on that.

"You want to know why Henry? It is very simple if you really knew Sally."

"Of course I want to know why, stop trying to trick me."

"There is no tricks Henry, Sally is my twin sister, so when she dressed like you, you looked like me. Because you looked like me, I had to stop you, and I found her, and you."




I have just loved the feedback I have received with this. I enjoy being a member of this website.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. SLMorrical All rights reserved.
SLMorrical has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.