Biographical Non-Fiction posted February 19, 2018


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A short story about this.

My dentures are in.

by robina1978


I have to travel to Groningen very frequently, as they are specialised in my condition.

I have Pemphigoid in mouth, throat and on vocal cords. That is an auto-immune disease, that can vary in time. It always ends up in needing dentures.

I started going in May last year. Just recently I got permission for cab transport. Wednesday or Friday I will know how much I will get. My G.P.'s request was turned down. Now with the shrink and social worker, no changed into a yes.

Last night I dropped out of bed. Someone advised me to use a rollator to block me in. It did not work. I was lying on a cold floor for three hours.

Now I have dentures, that look like the ones in the photo. I had them checked this morning by the boss dentist. They fit better now, I can even talk with them in. Depending on the speed of healing, I might get implants to keep them in place.

Thursday I have to go back again.

Friday morning I have an appointment with the lung doctor.

So another busy week.



Recognized


Courtesy to Google for the photo.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. robina1978 All rights reserved.
robina1978 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.