Spiritual Non-Fiction posted February 18, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A lesson from life with Christ

A God for Both Good and Bad Times

by Deniz22


This is a picture of the type of riding lawnmower I was using to mow my parents lawn one evening. My daughter, Amy, who was about 4 years old, was sitting in front of the seat, between my legs. She hung on to the steering yoke as we mowed.

This particular model had a unique clutch/brake system. It only had one pedal which controlled both. When you depressed it, it disengaged the clutch and applied the brake.

So we were mowing a section of lawn which was bordered by a retaining wall, which meant we were about four feet above the next level of lawn.

We came up to the edge, facing it, and I stepped on the pedal. The clutch disengaged while the brake engaged. To my horror, the machine kept rolling towards the edge! The brake was not holding.

I panicked and put out both feet to stop the machine. This allowed the clutch to engage and before I knew it, the mower went out from between my legs and over the edge, Amy and all!

The runaway mower slowly flipped over and stalled out as I ran toward it. Amy was a little shaken but unharmed. By the grace of God, the steering yoke had acted like a roll-bar and protected her.

Naturally, I was flooded with relief and gratitude she was safe, but I will never forget her words, which cut my heart like a knife.

“Daddy, you let me go over all alone.”

I wonder how many of us as God’s beloved children are sometimes puzzled by circumstances and distresses which make us feel like we are all alone...and even abandoned by our Father?

Psalm 13 deals with this and this link will give a good exposition of that scripture.
https://bible.org/seriespage/psalm-13-when-god-seems-distant



Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.