Romance Fiction posted February 18, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Things are not always what they seem

Surprise!

by Brett Matthew West


A picturesque beauty caught Tom's eye. He never saw such elegance. Tom followed the car down Clubhouse Drive. They passed the pool and the 18th Green.

In the parking lot he proposed, "Buy you a drink?"

"Thanks for the offer, but I'm waiting for my man," Tom was told as the driver stepped out of the Porsche.

That's when Tom was hit right between the eyes, kind of like with a two-by-four, or a baseball bat. The her he thought he saw was a him? Tom hightailed out of there on two wheels!

Things aren't always what they seem, are they?



100 Word Flash Fiction contest entry

Recognized


A Mans Dream, by MK Flood, selected to complement my story.

So, thanks MKFlood, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my story.

Mans is not a nit. MK Flood titled the picture that way, so I did not correct it to Man's.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by MKFlood at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.