General Fiction posted January 19, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A ghostly re enactment.

Lake Daunting (150 words)

by DALLAS01

Every July 22nd, the anniversary of her twin's death, Maura could be found on the banks of Lake Daunting. And today, twenty years later was no different unless you took into consideration the fact that she knew this year would be her last.

Unlike the other times, today, a strange calm descended on her as she sat on the edge of the dock dangling her feet, shoes and all, in the lapping water. Searching the distance, she waited for the ghostly image to reappear.

She closed her eyes and heard Laura's taunting accusation. "Mommy said it's all your fault." Maura tried to shake off the disgust and guilt, but Laura wouldn't stop. "You let daddy in your room. It's all your fault."

Forming in the mist, the last thing Maura would see as she slipped gently into the lake, was the image of her flinging Laura into the water.



150 Words Flash Fiction contest entry


Thanks to SteveANH for the artwork
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. DALLAS01 All rights reserved.
DALLAS01 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.