Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted January 16, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Must be a remake, with a twist

Gas Light To Gas Bag

by Mike Stevens

'The Donald Trump Political Theater' Proudly presents a remake of the Ingrid Bergman classic movie, 'Gaslight', in which Bergman's husband, Charles Boyer, tries to convince her she's going crazy, by claiming she's remembering events wrong, and which can only be explained by her madness. We, the viewer, know what's going on, but poor Ingrid starts to think maybe she is losing her mind. Only in Trump's version, he tries to claim he never said something that's documented on tape. He's trying to convince us that we just remember it wrong.

In a way, I think I am going crazy, having to listen to this mentally incompetent idiot-king look right into the camera, and make absurd claims that insult my, our, intelligence. And, to further muddy the waters, he claims the media can't be trusted. We've never seen a movie like this, and let's hope we never do again. Watching both leaves the viewer with a knotted stomach, wanting to have the truth conveyed, and the evil husband/president unmasked for the con artist/thief he is. The original movie was filmed in black and white, making the shadows appear menacing. Trump's version is in color, but somehow there are many more menacing shadows, shadows concealing enablers, in the form of Republicans, who are helping him spin us around, until we're so dizzy, we don't know which way is up.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike Stevens All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Mike Stevens has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.