Romance Poetry posted January 6, 2018


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Was it love at first sight?

With Each Passing Day

by nomi338

The first time I saw her, I wasn't sure if I had seen her at all, or maybe I only dreamed her.
Then incredibly, one day she walked into my favorite restaurant, sat down very near to me and ordered coffee.
The ball was now in my court and I didn't know what I should do next.
Should I impress her with cool indifference, or should I start a conversation?
To my surprise, she broke the ice by asking me to pass her some sweetener.
As I passed it to her, I smelled her vanilla scented perfume and our hands briefly touched.
She smiled and said, "Thank you."
Her voice was like honey poured over my favorite dish
Suddenly, I became aware that I was staring at her with my mouth opened
'Mister Smooth' was now acting like some dumb, infatuated school boy in front of the Prom Queen.
I finally found my voice and managed to say, "Please forgive me, it's not easy to speak with Cupid's arrow buried so deep in my heart."
There was that smile again,
From some hidden reserve, I found all the words I had been saving for just such an occasion as this and man I used them all.
She listened and smiled often, accepted me into her heart where I have worked hard to remain.
We have been married for many years now and her still beautiful face has a few wrinkles; her thick black hair has a few strands of gray and her middle is a little thicker now.
Despite these minor things, she is still the most beautiful woman my eyes have ever seen and as incredible as it may sound or seem, I love her more with each passing day.



Recognized


The photo is a stock illustration found on the internet under African American Art. This is not a true account, I only dreamed it. LOL Thank you for reading my fanciful dream.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. nomi338 All rights reserved.
nomi338 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.