General Fiction posted December 14, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Just for fun

Needless Needles?

by Heather Knight


- You have a lot of balls, coming in here dressed like that.
- And you are plain boring, mate.
- I hate Christmas.
- Why? I think it's a lot of fun. I love the lights, the tinsel. Yes, the tinsel is my favourite.
- What's to like about it? It's just a fluffy rope.
- Why do you have to be so pessimistic? Don't you see how happy all the people around us are? Don't you want to share their happiness?
- No, not really. I'm a victim of Christmas. A bit like the turkey on Thanksgiving Day.
- Seriously? A victim? I see myself as a symbol, an emblem of the season and I'm proud of it.
- You know they'll strip you of those baubles in a few days and you'll die alone in the backyard, don't you?
- Maybe, but now my feet are surrounded by presents and the children love looking at me.
- Shush! It's my turn. They are going to decorate me now. I hope I get a star at the top. Then it won't be so bad.



Dialogue Only Writing Contest contest entry

Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Heather Knight All rights reserved.
Heather Knight has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.