General Fiction posted November 5, 2017 Chapters:  ...229 230 -231- 232... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
a short story

A chapter in the book Worlds

Walrus World 6

by Bill Schott



Lynyrd was visiting the aquarium when he passed by the Seal Center. Along with the frisky seals and mermaidish manatee, was one large walrus.

The rotund tuskbearer strategically flopped his way over to Lynyrd's spot, just outside a barrier fence.

"Pssst!" pssted the walrus.

"Who, me?" asked the surprised Seal Center visitor.

"Gimme you het en cut. Gawiklay!"

"My -- my hat and coat?"

"Gawiklay, Mon! Why theys nut likken!"

Without further urging, Lynyrd removed the articles and handed them to the walrus. The creature only looked at him and shook its huge head.

"Aw ya noots? Lukka meh. Does eh luk lik eh kin poot un a het en cut? Dress meh ya nookel ed! Dastract the outters."

Pointing to the sky, Lynyrd shouted, "Look! It's a flying -- thing!"

While everyone in the Seal Center turned to see what the man with his coat and hat in his hand was pointing to, Lynyrd quickly pulled the coat onto the walrus and placed the hat on its head.

"Ets a tait vit. Ope et fues em. Less git gun."

With that, Lynyrd and the obese gentleman with the tight-fitting coat and canted ball cap made their way to the exit.

Later that day, a man named Wally purchased a new wardrobe of clothes at the Clothes-R-US  store, bought a wading pool, and forced the sushi restaurant to close early after eating a week's worth of seafood.

Later that week...


 




Photo from Dailynews.com
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.