General Non-Fiction posted October 19, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A great message

Wow, What Next?

by jusylee72

Read a great idea that has my mind bubbling.

After you learn something new and exciting, say this.

"Wow, What's Next?"

It reminded me of a young man I met in the seventies. He was a marathon runner. He was maybe 5'7", skinny like a runner is and full of life. Two months before he ran a qualifying race and qualified to be in the top Five Hundred who start the Boston Marathon. Over five thousand people start the race, but the true competitors for top times have to qualify.

His goal was to be in the top 200. I talked to him and asked many questions. How did you get into this? What Coaches helped you? How did they inspire you?

I still remember his most valued and wonderful answer. "When you win, you need to celebrate your win with every inch of you, for 48 hours. You need to bask in the warmth of success. You need to enjoy the medal. You need to enjoy the admiration. Then after two days, you need to move on and find a new goal."

He finished 209 in the race. While he didn't quite meet his goal it definitely was within reach. I am sure he is a successful man today even though I don't remember his name, I remember his spirit.

So today I say.

"Wow, what's next?"

Many of you have read my stories, my poems, you have read with me the lines of my life.

You have encouraged me with great reviews, corrections in my grammar and punctuation, your touching comments when my words have helped you, your critiques when you don't understand what I have written.

I need all of it. I am 63 years old and I plan on retiring from my wonderful job as a high school choir director when I am 67.

After that, I have decided I truly want to be an inspirational speaker. I want to speak my words out loud. I want to help the abused be healed, I want to inspire the gifted to go beyond what is easy for them and create new ideas that the world needs to hear.

I want to share the poems I wrote in despair. I want to share my strong belief in that we choose which side of wonderful we live on. I don't care about fame. I want to talk at schools, shelters for the abused, people with disabilities who can overcome them. I want to inspire them to wake up in the morning and say to the world,

" Wow, look what I accomplished yesterday, what can I do today to build on that?"

Every life is damaged and blessed.

On to my new dream.

Thank you for your continued belief, I will need you along the way to help me.

Judy Wow, What's Next?




A big thank you to all of you who read my works and understand the challenges life has given me.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. jusylee72 All rights reserved.
jusylee72 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.