Essay Non-Fiction posted September 23, 2017


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Seeing life a new way

Learning to Live

by GWHARGIS

With each passing year, I added things to my bucket list. Now my list was pretty mundane when I compared it to other people's. For a while it bothered me.

Why was I okay with a trip to the Biltmore Estate which is just on the other side of the state when my friend had a trip to India on hers?

Then I realized that comparing my bucket list to someone else's is a complete waste of time. It's trying to compare my dreams and aspirations to another's dreams and aspirations. It makes no sense.

As I said in a previous essay, I made some changes in my life. I let go of a lot of baggage, both mentally and emotionally. I went over my bucket list and decided to throw it out. I didn't need a list to guide me through my coming years.

Each and every day is a gift. It should be filled with surprises. Trying to live a life mapped out might be fine for some, but it's not for me. I have learned one thing in the last few months. Keep yourself open to life. There will be good times, bad times, sad and trying times. Life is measured in small steps not monumental trips and bucket lists.

So, write things on your bucket list only after you have done them. That way, your bucket list will always be complete.




Thanks to Photo whisper for the beautiful photograph. Just some Saturday morning ramblings.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. GWHARGIS All rights reserved.
GWHARGIS has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.