General Fiction posted September 13, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A little boy tries to stay awake

A Boy's Imagination

by Thor R

Dad never lets me stay up. He always stays up later than me. It's not fair. He says to just lie there if I can't fall asleep. Well I will. I won't fall asleep at all. Maybe I can stay up when I turn six. I'll wait until he falls asleep then go play or jump on his bed. I'm just gonna look at the ceiling and wait... I didn't know I had so many stars on the ceiling. I remember when dad and I put them up there. We moved the bed and he lifted me up so I could stick'em on. Huh, that's weird, they're starting to move. Wait, never mind. Oh, what's that, oh it's just Rover sniffing under the door again. I wonder if I could let him in... no, dad would get mad. Molly left her doll in here again, I wish she didn't play with her toys in here. Are the stars moving again? I see a little boy sitting on the edge of one. He's gone. It's warm under the covers. I like it when I'm cozy like this. Just a little longer and dad will be asleep. What's that waving in the closet? It looks like... oh it's my uniform. Wait, no, it's a monster! Whoa, the boy sitting on the star is in the bedroom! He's wearing a space suit with a jet pack. Cool! He's using a laser on the monster. Oh, the monster is fighting back. What, Rover? I didn't know he could stand up. Wow, him and the boy are givin' it to the monster... They won! The monster turned back into my uniform. Oh, they're lookin' at me. There's a rocket ship in my room now. They asked me to jump in the third seat. Dad wants me to go to sleep but I can't pass this up. I'm jumping in and we're gone. The rocket has a faint buzzzZzZzZz.



Through the eyes of a child writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short story (100-500 words). The story must include a child's perspective of an object or situation. The story may be told from the viewpoint of the child, or an adult.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Thor R All rights reserved.
Thor R has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.