General Fiction posted September 11, 2017


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Contest entry

Fairy Tale Sunflower Group

by patcelaw


























"Hello all, My name is Mother H and I will be monitoring this group.
Since this is the first group session let me explain the rules:
There are only three rules. We all listen when someone is speaking
so do not interrupt anyone in the group. Only speak when called on.
And lastly we will not judge each other.
Okay, let us go around the room introducing ourselves."


"Hi, I am Cinder E and this is my first time in a group setting."

"Next, please."

"Hey group, my name is Jack B. I am looking forward to the time we have together."

"Next one please."

"Hello, I am Snow W, and do not want to be here but Doc made me come."

"Next."

"My name is Mary, Mary, I am difficult to get along with."

"Next"

"When I woke this morning I was, Jill."

"Okay, now that we know all the names may we hear from Mary, Mary?"

"As I said in my introduction, I can be difficult to work with so that is why people say I am contrary. I love planting gardens and they have to be lined up just so. I always want to make them pretty."

"Thank you Mary, Mary.  May we hear now from you Cinder?"

"I am here because I cannot stand those wicked step sisters and I really would love to do them harm, because they are always pushing all the work on me and I am sick and tired of their critical attitude."

"Cinder, I think we may be able to help you.  Jack B let us hear from you."

"I am here because I almost caused a tragedy in my home. I tried to jump over a brightly burning candle. I misjudged my leap and knocked over the candle and it was only the quick thinking of my mother that came to the rescue. She threw water on the fire, saving our house."

"Now it is time we hear from you, Jill."

"Hi, I am so worried about my brother Jack because he is quite clumsy and as we were going up the hill.  Jack fell, knocking me down and we rolled down thehill. Jack hit his head on a rock and busted it wide open and now is in a coma."

"Lastly, we'll hear from Snow W."

"Snow is my name and I am here because I am living with seven very short dudes and they are driving me nuts to say nothing of the mirror on the wall, asking who is the fairest of all.  I want to keep the guys appeased because they do bring the food home for our table. But, frankly the attitude of Grumpy is beginning to make my skin crawl. If it was not for Happy I may well have run away."

Well, group our time is up for today. This has been a very good start,
 there will be help for all of you in time.  Our next meeting will be a week from today, September 18th."


-Patricia Lawrence
9-11-17



Dialogue Only Writing Contest contest entry


This is something I have never tried before, so please be kind in your reviews.
the photo seemed to be just right with the name of the group.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.