Fantasy Fiction posted September 5, 2017 Chapters:  ...21 22 -23- 24... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Unleashed Chaos/A Novel of the Breedline series

A chapter in the book Unleashed Chaos

John Doe/Part Three

by scongrove




Background
Thank you for taking the time to read my chapter. Hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day.
Previously...

Now that Celina’s spinal injury is completely healed, she looks forward to a future with Kyle, her bonded mate.

Meanwhile, Steven Pasquale—an Adalwolf with the ability to heal—manages to escape Dr. Markus Ludwig and his thuggish hired henchmen and two Breedline hybrids, he was shot in the chest. Now, unconscious in the hospital without an identity, Dr. Helen Carrington discovers Steven—whom they call John Doe—have the same healing abilities as the files she found years ago on a patient called SPECIMEN ONE. After years of studying the secret documented files, Helen finally discovers a cure to the aging process in the Breedline species. All she has to do is test the serum. When she shares the news with a colleague she trusts and has known for years—Dr. Carl Eaves—he agrees to help her and John Doe.   

Later, someone at the hospital who’d witnessed John Doe’s mysterious healing abilities notified the news media. As word spread like wildfire, human reporters, police and crowds gathered outside the hospital as gossip spread about the hospital keeping an alien inside.

When Helen and her colleague, Dr. Carl Eaves found out, they immediately notified the Breedline Covenant. With Jem’s ability to use a portal, he transported John Doe from the hospital to the Covenant without being seen.

As John Doe came around, he became panicked, and used his abilities on Tim Ross—the Breedline head council—and shifted through his mind and all his past memories. Afterwards, Tim is threatened by Helen’s patient and calls a meeting with everyone in the Covenant. When Helen pleads with Tim to let her work with John Doe, he decides to agree as long as he’s guarded at all times.


Continued...

The following morning, Celina paced around the front of the Covenant’s estate, testing her legs out, now that they finally worked again. She went from the dining room through the foyer and into the recreation room and back again.

Kyle had got up early to make them breakfast. Before he went into the kitchen, Celina had enjoyed the soft kiss he gave her and the flirty grin on his face.

Pausing in front of the grand piano, Celina thought about Jem and Mia’s wedding she’d missed. When she watched the video Kyle had made of the whole ceremony; it was evident Jem and Mia loved each other unconditionally. As the video displayed her favorite part—Mia standing at the top of the staircase in her gorgeous gown with Alexander right by her side ready to give her away, and Drakon’s beautiful voice at the piano—Celina’s arms broke out in goosebumps.

In the past, she never expected a happy future, or even be lucky enough to find true love. Considering what all she’d been through and overcome, there was no reason to have doubts now. She’d found Kyle, knowing he was her bonded mate, and that was a future Celina would cherish.

Glancing out a window, she looked up into the blue sky and thought of her parents. It would have been wonderful to share her love with those who had brought her into this world. But they were dead—their death brought forth by her evil twin sister, Taliah.

“Breakfast is ready,” Kyle called out from behind her.

Lost in thought, Celina kept her eyes trained in the distance, staring out the window.”

He moved next to her and grasped her waist. “Whatcha thinkin’ about?” 

She flinched and turned to him. “I was just thinking... of my parents.”

He wrapped his arms around her and stood embraced in silence. He didn’t know what to say. The reality of her mother and father’s death, and his, killed in a house fire when he was a just a child stung like a bitch.

Kyle struggled to keep his emotions in as his heart beat faster, and his chest rose higher. All he could do was hold on tight. Kyle lowered his head and buried his face in Celina’s soft hair. “You’ll always have me,” he whispered in her ear.

Celina’s haunted eyes looked into his as she lifted her head to meet his gaze. A single tear had formed at the corners. “We have each other.”

“That’s right,” he said, placing a kiss on her forehead. “Come on. Let’s go eat.” 

****

When Steven Pasquale—formally known as John Doe—came to again, it was out of a terrifying dream, one in which he remembered back to the horrific experiments he’d endured in the past. He wasn’t sure what was real and what wasn’t because his memory had so many holes in it. The blurry images lingered in his head creating a panic in him he tried to bury deep in his mind years ago.

Sitting up in bed, he glanced around and realized he was in a different room. He hadn’t been afraid in a long time, but he was scared of the unknown and what was to become of him here. 

Taking a deep breath, he smelled food and saw there was a tray set up next to the bed. Leaning over, he lifted the silver lid off, and his stomach growled when he saw the plate. Surprised, he noticed the breakfast included a variety of choices: Eggs, bacon, hash browns, biscuits, and a small bowl of mixed fruit. A glass of milk and a cup of fresh, hot coffee were off to the side. Glancing at the silverware and condiments, he noticed a note and a cell phone sitting nearby.   

Steven stood stiffly, stretched his arms over his head, and arched to crack his spine back into place. He glanced at the digital clock on the bedside table and saw the time. Christ, it was eight o’clock in the morning. He hadn’t slept in this late in what it seemed like a decade ago. Always in a hurry, trying to move from place to place—worrying his former captives would find him—Steven never had time to rest and relax.

Maybe this was all a dream, Steven thought to himself. Maybe he’d just fallen asleep on a bus he’d always traveled on and would wake up as it stopped at the next destination. He’d have an awkward laugh, get a cup of coffee, and plan out his day, blaming it all on the lack of sleep. Steven waited, hoping a bump in the road would lurch him into waking up. Instead, the digital clock just kept clicking through the minutes, and the food drifted into his nostrils causing his stomach to growl. 
   
Back to reality, feeling utterly alone and terrified, he walked over to the tray and picked up the note. When he opened the folded piece of paper, it read:

Steven,
When you wake up, please remember you are safe here. We have moved you to a guest house that is attached to the main living quarters. We hope you find it more comfortable and suitable for your needs. I have prepared a variety of choices not knowing what you usually eat for breakfast. Please help yourself to anything you need. There are clothes in the closet for you, and a kitchen downstairs fully stocked. After breakfast, call me. I listed my number in the phone provided. I have also listed two other contacts if you cannot reach me. They are my trusted friends here in the estate.
Dr. Helen Carrington     
  
After he had read the note, he sat down on the edge of the bed and let out a deep breath. He was tempted to scarf down the breakfast, change clothes, and make a run for it. But why bother? There were probably guards outside the door and most likely hidden security cameras everywhere.

While he ate, he noticed a barrier on the outside of the windows, the panel so thick there wasn’t even a tiny bit of light. Obviously put there to keep anyone from getting in, or getting out.

Finishing breakfast, he sucked down the last drop of his coffee and went into the bathroom that joined next to the bedroom. When he saw the shower, he stripped out of his hospital scrubs he’d still had on and turned the faucet to warm. As steam built, he stepped in and stood under the soothing spray. Feeling relieved, he sighed when the water poured over his weary body.

When he felt completely clean and refreshed, he stepped out and dried off. Moving back into the room, he checked the closet. Picking random items, he quickly dressed with his adrenal glands kicking in as he prepared to call Dr. Carrington. Slipping a straight-edged razor in his pants pocket—the old-fashioned kind that made him think of a guys barber shop, and the only weapon he could find—made him feel protected just in case the friendly physician were a mere illusion, and things ended up getting dicey.

Trying to get a grip, Steven closed his eyes and breathed in deep. With nervous fingers, he searched through the phone and found Helen’s number listed.

His hand trembled as he waited for her to answer. After a few rings, her kind voice finally came from the other end.

When Helen reassured Steven he was in a safe place and told him she was on her way; it wasn’t long before she arrived at the front of the guest house.

Standing outside the door was Bruce Carmichael, one of the same guards they had to watch over Eve. He nodded at Helen. “Guid morn doctur,” he said, his voice laced with a thick Scottish accent.   

She smiled. “Good morning, Bruce. I’m here to see my patient.”

“Ay,” he said, cocking a brow. Reaching inside his jacket, he pulled out a set of keys and unlocked the door.

As he held it open for Helen, he asked, “Dae ye need me tae escort ye?”

She shook her head. “I don’t think that will be necessary. Just wait outside for me. I won’t be long.”

“Aye, Ma’am.”  

Standing in the foyer, she reached into her white coat and pulled out her glasses just as she heard a door upstairs close.

Leaving the bedroom, Steven kept his hand close to his front pocket and his eyes sharp. As he moved down the stairs, Helen was standing by the door, watching him.

When he got to the last step, he straightened carefully, feeling a little lightheaded.

“How are you feeling this morning?” 

“I’m still a little weak, but much better than before,” Steven said to Helen. “Thanks for breakfast… and the clothes.”

“You’re welcome. Can I have permission to check your vitals this morning?” Helen said in a friendly tone, holding up her medical bag.

“Yeah,” his voice was hoarse. Wearing a baseball cap, not much of his face showed, but his expression seemed exhausted. As Helen ran a clinical eye over him, she noticed Steven’s skin was pale, and his hands shook. He looked like he had a hangover, weaving on his feet, and his breathing was off.

“Please.” She motioned to the bar in the kitchen. “Have a seat and make yourself more comfortable.”

Feeling the razor in his pocket, Steven measured the distance between them and decided to be patient and hang tight. He’d defend himself if she attacked even though he was weak. His best bet was to wait and stick around. If he did manage to get free, where would he go once he got out of here? He was tired of being on the run, moving from one place to the next. Maybe after it was said and done, they could be trusted.

“Thanks,” he said, pulling out a barstool. Helen followed behind Steven and waited for him to sit down.

He exhaled like he was exhausted, and took a seat. Blinking nervously, the corner of his mouth twitched. “What do you plan to do with me?”

Helen reached out and placed her palm on Steven’s forearm. “We want to help you.” And then she said, “I know about Dr. Hans Autenburg. I found his files a few years ago. Are you linked to the patient he called specimen one? You have the same gift of cellular regeneration.”

That name came back to him, haunting him from the past. For some ridiculous reason, he blurted without thinking, “I killed his colleague.”

She seemed surprised that he’d offered her that kind of information, which made two of them. Helen couldn’t take her eyes off him. Steven suddenly started to glow, a soft light emanating from his body, and something was happening between them, some kind of exchange. He was showing her his past as if she was watching it inside her head. She saw all the horrific experiments done to him by the German physician. She could hear Steven’s pleading screams in her mind as tears slid down her face.

When he finally broke the connection that linked their minds together, Helen instantly covered her mouth. “Dear God,” she gasped into her hand. What they did to you was horrible.” Lowering her hand, she shook her head. “How did you... do that?”

Steven lowered his eyes. “It’s hard to explain,” he said, lifting his eyes as if to seek Helen’s approval. “I just always… have. And I can also heal others.”

Her brows went up. “That’s remarkable. When did you find out you could do that?”

“The first memory I have of healing is when I was very young, and Dr. Autenburg brought in one of his guards with a broken arm. I remember closing my eyes and wishing with all my heart that I could make his arm better.”

Helen leaned in and said,” Did you heal him?”

He nodded. “The break in his arm completely healed. But the next thing I knew, I felt this awful pain in my arm. I could literally feel my bone breaking. It took hours for my pain to fade and heal myself.” His shoulders slumped. “I used to wish that I was born normal, and not like this.

“Is Steven Pasquale your real name?”

“It’s the only name I’ve ever known. But I don’t have a birth certificate to prove it.”

“What happened to Dr. Autenburg’s patient?” Helen queried. “The one he called specimen one.”

Steven lowered his head and sighed. “His name was Jonah,” he said, lifting his chin, meeting Helen’s gaze. “Jonah Winthrop. Dr. Autenburg found him and his wife Mary in Budapest and took them against their will. Jonah was like me. We were both born an Adalwolf... a human-wolf-like hybrid with the gift to heal.”

Helen’s eyes widened, shocked by what Steven had just revealed. “Did his wife,” Helen paused and removed her glasses, “have any special abilities?”

Steven nodded. “She was a Lupa.”

Helen tilted her head to the side, appearing confused. “A Lupa?” Her brows furrowed. “I don’t understand what that means.”

“It means she-wolf,” Steven explained. “Mary was different from the Breedline species. Her ancestors had descended from the old legend of the lycanthrope, except it couldn’t be passed on to others like a virus. It was passed on through genetics. She had the ability to shape shift into a therianthropic hybrid wolf-like creature. Her species is considered cursed and very dangerous. That was one of the reasons why Jonah and Mary lived in Budapest, Hungary. They kept themselves deep in the rainforest, far away from humans. When Dr. Autenburg kidnapped them, Mary was pregnant.” 
 
Helen shook her head. “What happened to the baby?”

Steven’s eyes softened. “Mary died giving birth to... Abbey,” he said in a low voice. “Jonah named her Mary Abigail Winthrop.”

“Is she still alive?”

Steven let out a deep breath. “I’m not sure. During the explosion at the lab, we were split up.”

“Did Abbey have the same abilities as her parents?”

“After years of suffering through Dr. Autenburg’s painful lab experiments, Abbey became uncontrollable. She inherited her mother’s genetics, and Autenburg wanted to create an offspring. Abbey was close to my age when he introduced her to me. Besides her father, I was the only one she trusted. We later became... bonded mates.” 

“I’m so sorry, Steven,” Helen said. “Did Abbey’s father escape?”

Steven looked at Helen, his eyes weary. “No,” he said, shaking his head. “Jonah died during one of Dr. Autenburg and his colleague’s heinous experiments.”

“Do you know who killed Dr. Autenburg?”

Steven hesitated and then said, “Abbey.”

Helen was speechless. “Oh,” she finally managed out. She didn’t know what to say. She felt completely humbled and saddened by Steven’s story.

“What about your parents?” Helen asked, trying to change the subject. “Were they like you?”

“I don’t remember them. The only memories I have are what I showed you. I’m just a freak of nature.”

Steven’s words sank in, and she went still. There was a lot she could say, but in the end, it wouldn’t make any difference. Some pain just had to be healed over time, Helen thought. And some wounds took much longer than others to mend. But she would make sure he knew he was safe here and not alone.

“You’re not a freak of nature, Steven. You have a gift, and you’re not alone,” she said evenly. “I’ve seen this before.”

Steven’s brows lifted. “You have?”

“Yes.” She placed her hand gently on his. “Two of my friends that live in this Covenant have similar abilities.” 
 
Steven jaw dropped. “C-can I meet them?”

She studied his face, from the scar on his left cheek to excitement in his eyes. On instinct, she said, “I’m sure that would be okay, but I’ll have to get permission from Tim first. Since you’re a stranger and the thing that happened with him,” her lips formed a half-smile, “he’ll want to make sure you’re not a danger to this Covenant.”

Steven didn’t hesitate. Not even to take a breath. “I swear on my honor; I mean no harm to anyone.”

Glancing at her watch, she noticed it was getting close to nine o’clock. “I’ve got an appointment in a few minutes,” she said. “After that, I promise to arrange a meeting with Tim.”

“Thank you, Dr. Carrington.”

“Oh, please. Call me Helen,” she insisted. “May I get a few blood samples before I leave?”

“Yes, of course.”

Reaching into her medical bag, she fished around and found a pair of latex gloves, an alcohol packet, some gauze, a syringe and a small cylindrical, glass container. She put everything on the table, snapped on the gloves, and tore open the foiled square.

After Helen had filled the small vial with his blood, she said, “Thank you, Steven.”

“You’re welcome, Helen.”

“If you need anything, just let Bruce know. He’s the guard outside your door. If you need me, you have my number. I’ll be back later this afternoon,” she said, patting his hand.

When she took her palm from his hand to reach for her bag, he caught her wrist. “Please, Helen,” he said with pleading eyes. “Promise me you’ll be back.”

She looked down at where he held onto her, and then looked into his panicked eyes.

The rational side of Helen rejected the thought of him being dangerous, but at her core, she was logic driven. She looked at him, getting lost in the implications. Her mind reeled at the evolutionary possibilities, but she also considered more practical matters. Could he be a danger to the others? With a shake of her head, she smiled. “I promise, Steven.”

He let her hand go, and sighed in relief. “Thank you.”

Before she left, she said, “Call if you need me.” 
       
To be continued...

 




NOTE: This is not part of the chapter. A reference for terms and characters, especially for new readers:

BREEDLINE - A species of humans that have the ability to change from human form into a wolf. They are not like the old legend of the Lycanthropy myth. Breedline species can shift into their wolf at will. The moon has no power over them. They do not pass their ability to other humans with a bite or scratch like the Lycanthropy myth.
The Breedline gene is passed down to offspring that are born identical twins. Although they live amongst human, their species must be kept secret.
In wolf form, they have super strength, speed, and heightened senses. Their lifespan is the same as a normal human, but they are immune to illness and disease. Only a silver bullet to the brain will kill them. All males change into their wolf at the age of eighteen. Females do not go through the change until they make love to their Breedline bonded mate.

BREEDLINE TWINS - Identical twins that are born from either one or both parents of the Breedline species. They have a strong, unbreakable bond from birth, are born with telepathic abilities, and have the power to sense the other's emotions or injuries. In some cases, the bond between twins are so strong, if one dies, the other twin may pass on, especially if they don't have a mate.

BREEDLINE BONDING - The male Breedline spends their life in search of their bonded mate. When the male comes in contact with her, he instantly feels a simultaneous, desirable attraction and she becomes the most important thing in his life. He is there to love, protect, and cherish her until death. Once they are mated, they bond for life. It is possible for them to have more than one mate in their lifespan.

BELOVED - A word used by a Breedline to express the bond to their mate.

DOUBLE BONDED - In some cases, male Breedline twins bond with the same female; but one will carry a stronger bond. Usually one of them must sacrifice for the other twin.

BREEDLINE COVENANT - The Breedline species must live within the boundaries of a Covenant, which is only formed with their species. The Covenant is governed and ruled by a head council. The council keeps their laws in order and oversees the species population.

THE BREEDLINE QUEEN - Over centuries the Breedline Covenant is ruled by a true Queen. If there is no Queen living, the Covenants are governed by an appointed head council until another Queen is born. A Breedline Queen is born once every one hundred years. Her massive stature, black fur, and red eyes are the Queen's trademarks. Her alpha wolf has twice the strength, speed, and size of any Breedline. The Queen is expected to rule over all the Breedline Covenants where she will be respected and obeyed by all Breedline. This is their absolute True Law.

THE QUEENS RING - This ring has been passed down to all Breedline Queens for generations. When the new Queen places the ring on, it instantly shifts in size to fit her finger.

TRUE LAW - All Breedline Covenants have an ancient book of laws. If either sex disobeys the Breedline laws, they can be shunned, or no longer protected by their Covenant. If a Breedline takes another life out of revenge, or evil - other than protecting their life, and the life of another - they will never have the ability to shift back human and cast out as a rogue wolf.

ROGUE WOLF - A Breedline shunned by their Covenant for taking another life out of revenge or evil and forced to live as a wolf until death without the ability to change human again. Some rogue wolves form into packs, which can be dangerous for other Breedline species.

RED (BLOOD) MOON - When the full moon passes through the amber shadow of the earth, producing a midnight eclipse visible across North America. So begins a lunar eclipse tetrad, a series of four consecutive total eclipses occurring at approximately six-month intervals. This incredible light beams into the heart of earth's shadow, filling it with a coppery glow and transforming the moon into a great red orb. During this time, all Breedline species that are mated have a strong desire to create offspring. This is also a time when Breedline females are more fertile for the conception of twins.

CHIANG-SHIH DEMON (Kiang shi, a.k.a Ramael Arminius) - An ancient demon that inhabits the body of a Breedline fetus before it's born, or during a Breedline's death. It continues to take the soul over the natural lifespan of the child, or the deceased Breedline. When the demon possesses a fetus, it breaks the bonding and telepathic abilities of their twin when they are born. If the demon possesses a deceased Breedline's body, it must do so before the soul passes on. If the soul is not intact, the body will soon die.
In most cases, the Chiang-shih demon will take the life of the other twin, even before their birth. The twin that is born with the demon will bring only evil to whomever they encounter. Their sole purpose is to gain full control of another soul and seek world domination.
There are two ways the demon is cast from the soul it possesses: By its firstborn son, and the Angel of Mercy, Zadkiel. The Beast is the only one who can kill a Chiang-shih demon.

THE BEAST - He is the second born son of the Chiang-shih demon. When provoked into a rage, he will shift into his Beast instead of his Breedline wolf. The Beast is an enormous, dangerous two-footed creature that has wolf-like features. One bite has enough venom to kill the Chiang-shih demon and leave the soul of the person the demon possessed unharmed.

SHADOW WALKER (a.k.a Shadow Figure, or Black Mass) - The perception of a patch of shadow as a living, humanoid figure, particularly interpreted by the Breedline as the presence of a malevolent entity. When a Breedline species dies and does not pass on to the other side, they are left to roam the earth as a shadow of themselves - a ghost. They will not pass on until they have settled unfinished business before their death.

ZADKIEL (Tzadqiel, a.k.a "Righteousness of God") - The Archangel of freedom, benevolence, and mercy, and the Patron Angel of all who forgives. Breedline species tradition considers him to be the Angel of Mercy.

SUCCUBUS (a.k.a CREEPERS) - Creatures that search for, and feeds off the blood of the Breedline species. Creepers are skilled at extreme sexual pleasure, and the ecstasy they create is exceedingly intense and highly addictive. They cast off a scent that hypnotizes Breedlines into overwhelming sexual urges. They use their human-like bodies and beautiful features to control and influence their thoughts.
They have the ability to reach into the Breedline's mind during sleep, casting a spell of dreams about sexual contact, or intercourse. And one much less obvious manifestation of Creepers is nightmares - realistic, graphic, terrifying nightmares that rob the Breedline of sleep. Over a period, it can lead to severe fatigue and depression, leaving them emotionally and spiritually drained. Death can occur if they completely take over the Breedline's body.

HALF-BREED - This species is born with the genes from both Breedline and succubus. They can bond with either a full-blood Breedline or another half-breed. They do not have the ability to change into the Breedline wolf, but they do need blood from them to survive. With the power to hypnotize, most Breedlines have minimal respect and credence toward the half-breed species.

WICCA (or Wise One) - According to the Breedline species, a Wicca is the goddess of magic, witchcraft, the night, moon, ghosts, and necromancy. A Wicca is also considered to be a demonic spirit. It is unclear to the Breedline if they act under the orders of the devil, or they are simply not understood and treated as outcasts. They have the ability to do white magic (good) or dark (evil).

KATAKO (a.k.a Lucas, or Dark Shadow) - He is the Chiang-shih demon's offspring that is born both Breedline and Wiccan. After one year, the Katako develops into an adult with the mind of a child, without reaching full maturity. It has the power to appear translucent, or become completely invisible. Being born half Breedline, it can shift into a wolf and transform, or mimic another creature with the power to instantly travel from one place to another. Their true purpose of creation is to bring forth the souls stuck in purgatory by using one drop of its blood. The Breedline Queen's bite is the only way to destroy it.

GOLEMS (a.k.a The Death Army) - Evil creatures created by dark Wiccans with the power of necromancy. By releasing the souls of demons stuck in purgatory, the Wicca can give them the ability to shape into a creature that is made from earth. These creatures have various qualities, such as mass strength, enormous stature, and the power to consume their victims by saturating them with mud.

GUARDIANS (a.k.a Spirits of the Forest) - They originated during the Middle Ages with the purpose of protecting all creatures, especially the Breedline from the destruction of any creation made by a dark Wicca. They have the ability to stay invisible with the power to move through any barrier and over any distance instantly.

THERIOMORPH - This species is born with the genes of a Breedline, but do not have the ability to change into a Breedline wolf. They shape shift into an enormous black panther. They possess powers of mind manipulation and random visions of the future. They must use the drug dopamine to suppress their urges. Their eye color shifts into a glowing lavender when their Theriomorph nature takes over. The Breedline see them as a threat to their species.

Jace Chamberlain (a.k.a The Beast) - He is a Breedline species which later discovers his birth father - who is possessed by the Chiang-shih demon - murdered his mother when he and his twin brother were four years old. Raised by their new foster family and their uncle Jacks, he later discovers he was born with a curse of the Beast. With the help of his twin brother Jem, and his bonded mate Tessa, they help him cope with his rage to keep the Beast at bay. He's an IT engineer and is the lead singer and plays acoustic guitar in the band Chaos.

Jem Chamberlain (a.k.a The Chosen Son) - He is a Breedline species and Jace's twin brother. He carries the gene of the Chiang-shih demon that gives him the power to create a portal, and a force of electric energy used as a weapon and other powers he discovers later. His bonded mate is Mia Blackwood, and he's an IT engineer and the drummer in the band Chaos.

Tessa Fairchild - She was born into the human world and later discovers she's a Breedline. Abandoned by her parents, she was raised by her Aunt and Uncle without the knowledge of being born a twin. After she meets Jace, they become bonded mates. During her first change into her Breedline wolf, she is the new Breedline Queen. She is an inspiring artist.

Dr. John and Sarah Chamberlain - They are Jace, Jem and Cassie's adopted human parents. They are physicians in a children's unit, and also donates their time to the emergency center.

Chester and Amelia Ewan - They are called Guardians - a species originated during the Middle Ages with the purpose of protecting all creatures, especially the Breedline from the destruction of any creation made by a dark Wiccan.

Jackson Gray - He is Jace and Jem's biological uncle - Katlyn Gray's older brother. Although he carries the gene of the Breedline, he does not shift into a wolf. Only Breedlines born with an identical twin have the ability to change into their wolf. He's a medical supply pilot.

Mia Blackwood - She is a half-breed and Jem's bonded mate. Abandoned at birth and raised in human foster care, she later finds her twin sister, Eve.

EVE - She is a half-breed and Sebastian's bonded mate. Growing up in human foster care, she spent her entire childhood abused until Sebastian saves her. Scorned from her past, she lashes out in anger, living a life of crime later to discover her twin sister, Mia Blackwood. After realizing the Chiang-shih demon possesses Sebastian, Eve clings to the past in hopes of reuniting with her beloved. Now that Sebastian is finally free of the demon, she has trust issues, worried he has an alternative plan for their sons.

Sebastian Crow - He is a half-breed, and Eve's bonded mate. After he had been killed by Jace in self- defense, he was possessed by the Chiang-shih demon after the Angel of Mercy cast him out of Alexander's body. As he tried to portray Sebastian's life, Eve finally figured out his secret. Keeping her captive only to survive on her blood, he later develops feelings for her. The demon creates a death army, determined to dominate the world and unleash his wrath amongst humans and the Breedline. Now free from the demon, he is determined to reunite with his beloved Eve who is kept prisoner by the Breedline Covenant awaiting trial for her past crimes against them.

Alexander Crest - He is a Breedline who was possessed by the Chiang-shih demon before birth. Murdering his family, Alexander kidnapped his twin's bonded mate, Katlyn Gray. Keeping her prisoner against her will, she becomes pregnant with his twins. As she managed to escape before she gave birth, Alexander eventually kills her in a fit of rage. Returning for his chosen son twenty-two years later, he is determined to convince him to join his army. After the battle between the Breedline, the demon is finally cast out of Alexander setting his soul free. For the demon's past crimes, Alexander is pardoned and must reside in the Breedline Covenant. Praying for forgiveness, he reunites with his twin sons, Jace and Jem. As he fights to keep his new family safe, romance blossoms with Dr. Helen Carrington.

Tim Ross - He is a Breedline species and head council of the California Covenant. Angel, his bonded mate - who is a half-breed - has Tim's daughter they named Natalie, after her sister.

Angel - She is a half-breed and Tim's bonded mate.

Natalie - She is a half-breed and Tim and Angel's daughter.

Kyle Jones - He is a Breedline species that resides in the California Covenant. Having lost his family to a house fire at childhood, his uncle Tim Ross has raised him since. Celina Baldolf is his bonded mate. He's a mechanic and also Jace and Jem's close friend, and plays bass in the rock band Chaos.

Casey Barton - He was born of the Breedline species, and lives in the California Covenant. He was adopted by Tim Ross's brother and carries a deep dark secret, afraid to reveal to the Breedline. He is a clothing model and plays backup bass and keyboards in the band Chaos.

Dr. Helen Carrington - She is a Breedline species and a physician at the California Bates hospital for both Breedlines and humans. Later, she discovers Jace and Jem carry a gene, possibly used for a cure to stop the aging process in her species. After Alexander's demon is banished, he is pardoned for all past crimes and welcomed into the Breedline Covenant. When he meets Helen, they become bonded mates.

Drakon Hexus - He is a Breedline species. At a young age, his first bonded mate was killed by her father. In a rage, he hunts and kills her murderer, breaking the Breedline's True Law. Shunned by his Covenant and forced to live as a rogue wolf, he's promised his humanity back if he joins the Chiang-shih demon's army. After Drakon discovers the demon's plans to destroy all humans and half-breeds, he betrays him and joins forces with the Breedline. As time passes, he bonds with another mate, Cassie Chamberlain.

Cassie Chamberlain - Adopted at age two by Jace and Jem's adopted parents after her mother abandons her. Later, she discovers she is a Breedline species and bonds with the handsome Drakon Hexus. She is a nurse practitioner, specializing in the neonatal intensive care unit.

Malachi O'Conner - He was born a Breedline species, and shunned by the Breedline Covenant after breaking their True Law. Alexander Crest's demon later forced him into joining his army of rogue wolves. After he had tried to escape, he endured cruel torture from the Alexander's Chiang-shih demon. He was later rescued by the Breedline and pardoned for his past crimes.

Celina Baldolf - She is a Breedline species with the power of a Wiccan, but only practices white witchcraft. Her twin sister Taliah - a dark Wicca - murdered their parents when they were twelve years old. Dr. Helen Carrington is their aunt, and Kyle Jones is Celina's Breedline bonded mate. She is an editor for a local publishing company.

Taliah Baldolf - She is a Breedline species and the mother of the Katako. Using her powers as a dark Wiccan, she joins forces with the Chiang-shih demon to create his death army. After she threatens to kill the Breedline Queen, the Beast overpowers her and sends her to her death.

Samuel Mercier - He is a Breedline and a council member from France that has secretly turned against his own Covenant to help the Chiang-shih demon. He and his other Breedline traitors go into hiding after the Breedline destroy the demon, desperate to seek revenge against the Covenant.

Fredrick Mercier - He is a Breedline and Samuel Mercier's identical twin. Also, he's a council member from France that has secretly turned against the Covenant to help the Chiang-shih demon.

Corbin Azzo - He is a Breedline and a council member that has turned against the Covenant to help the Chiang-shih demon.



Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. scongrove All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
scongrove has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.