Mystery and Crime Script posted September 1, 2017 Chapters: Prologue -1- 2 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A body is discovered.

A chapter in the book And Soon The Darkness

The Night Before- Continued

by Macsween

Previously: A cop attending a disturbance call discoveres a girl being held against her will by two men. Both the girl and the cop are killed by the men. One of the killers, Jay, calls a contact to inform them of what's happened. Whoever it is requires another girl.

FADE IN

EXT. TOWN OF VADO. NIGHT

MONTAGE- VARIOUS LOCATIONS

-Fast food joints: KIDS hanging around.

-High School: closed until morning.

-7/11: CUSTOMERS buying items.

-Bars: people having good times apart from one DRUNK who is EJECTED by the BOUNCER.

-Strip Mall: closed to customers, a CAR pulls in to the parking lot.

EXT. PARKING LOT. MALL. NIGHT

Crime scene. TWO UNIFORMED COPS standing behind cordon tape, PEDESTRIANS trying to see what's going on, flashing lights from squad cars.

EXT. PARKING LOT. MALL. NIGHT

Lying in between two parked cars the body of the Young Woman from the apartment. She's fully clothed, apart from her feet which are bare. A FORENSIC PRACTITIONER takes pictures.

CLOSE UP TO HER FACE: DEEP PURPLE BRUISING AROUND JAW LINE.

INT. POLICE CAR. ROAD. MOVING. NIGHT

The RADIO in the dead Cop's Cruiser pings to life.

DISPATCHER (O.S)

Car Four come in.

Jay, wearing the dead Cop's shirt drives.

DISPATCHER (O.S)(CONTINUED)

Car Four, Car Four. Officer Perez do you copy?
 

EXT. PARKING LOT. MALL. NIGHT

The car pulls up. The lights are killed. A WOMAN, 33, dark pant suit, exits the vehicle. She has a badge on her belt. This is LIEUTENANT SARA VALERO. She approaches the crime scene. One of the Uniform raises the cordon tape.

COP #1

Evening, Ma'am.

VALERO

Hey.

COP #1

They're over at the red SUV.

VALERO

Thanks.

She walks off.

COP #1
(to his Partner)

I was at the Academy same time as her.

COP #2

Really?

COP #1

Acts like she doesn't know me.

COP #2

We all do that.

EXT. PARKING LOT. MALL. NIGHT

Valero approaches the crime scene.

MALE VOICE (O.S)

Lieutenant.

She turns around and sees a male, 36, slim build, dark hair graying at the sides, wearing a dark suit. This is DETECTIVE SERGEANT JUAN 'Jonny' GRASSO.

VALERO

What ya got for me, Jonny?

GRASSO

Same as I've always got.

VALERO

(looking at the body)

Shit.

GRASSO

No, a body.

VALERO

Excellent observations. Maybe one day you'll make detective.

GRASSO

(laughing)

I am a detective.

VALERO

I mean a good one.

GRASSO

(speaking like a hurt teen)

You know all your ragging is seriously bringing me down.

VALERO

Yeah right. Have forensics finished?

GRASSO

Not started yet. Angie's finishing up with the pictures.

(to Angie)

You done?

ANGIE

(taking picture, illuminated by camera flash)

Last one.

Grasso and Valero bend down next to the Body.

GRASSO

Our guy?

VALERO

Too early to tell.

(getting closer to body)

Same age. Close to where last one was found. She's fully clothed like the rest. Apart from that.

(looking at feet)

Shoes. Our guy leaves the shoes on.

GRASSO

In a parking lot too like the rest.

VALERO

Yeah.

GRASSO

Could be our guy. Might have changed M.O. with the shoes. Some do, you know throw us off the scent, you know like the last guy. What they call him again?

VALERO

The Dentist.

GRASSO

Yeah the tooth guy. He switched didn't he? Stopped pulling teeth and started leaving a different flower in the right hands. You're thinking she's different?

VALERO

I'm not feeling this one.

GRASSO

Think she was killed here or dumped.

VALERO

I'd say elsewhere, no drag marks on heels. Where are her shoes?

GRASSO

Could have been stolen.

VALERO

Could have.

(looking closer at feet)

Why steal shoes from a corpse? Bit risky. Cops find you with a dead girl's shoes, questions going to be asked.

GRASSO

Could have been stolen before she died.

VALERO

Sure.

GRASSO

Or maybe she's some flower power chick, in tune with nature, walking the ground at one with the cosmos; feeling the Earth's vibes, not damaging the sacred ground and all that other hippy shit they spew.

VALERO

That complaint from the Climate Campers still going on?

GRASSO

Six months strong, like I haven't got more important stuff to be worrying bout.

(to Angie)

Hey, you've been to the previous three crime scenes. What's your feelin'?

ANGIE

I've got a feeling that it is.

GRASSO

Really? Why?

ANGIE

Hunch. You must get those.

GRASSO

All I get is headaches and refused overtime. No, this isn't our guy. I'm callin' it.

ANGIE

You sure, Detective?

GRASSO

Hunch.

Valero walks a few meters away from the scene. She takes out her mobile.

VALERO

(into her phone)

Commander, it's Valero. Yeah, I'm at the scene. Could be, too early to tell.

(she looks around the lot)

Angie's finishing up with the pictures. The CSI guys are standing by. I'll update you with any findings. I'll type up a report for day shift. Sure, see ya.

She hangs up and goes back over to the crime scene.

VALERO

(to Grasso)

I'm going, Jonny. You got this?

GRASSO

As always. Going home?

VALERO

Got a few inquiries.

GRASSO

Cool. You on tomorrow night?

VALERO

Same shift as you.

(to Angie)

See ya, Ang.

Valero walks off and gets into her car. She starts the engine and pulls out onto the road. 

EXT. ROAD. NIGHT

Three POWERFUL MOTORBIKES, HARLEY'S, ROAR along the dusty road. Their riders, FULL PATCHES from the GUERREROS AZTECA MOTORCYCLE CLUB burn up the road.

Their patch: 

-TOP ROCKER: GUERREROS AZTECA, green letters on white background.

-CENTRE PATCH: a figurine of the Aztec God of War- HUITZILOPOCHTLI- wielding a snake-headed club.

-BOTTOM ROCKER: MESILLA VALLEY, green letters on white background.

ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE VEST: a CURVED ROCKER indicating CHAPTER. In this case the chapter is VADO: WHITE LETTERS ON GREEN BACKGROUND. 

INT. CAR. NIGHT

Valero drives along the dark road listening tunes from the radio, the only light on the road coming from her car's headlamps. She drags on a cigarette, periodically blowing smoke out of the window. 

Behind her: LIGHTS APPROACHING- she notices. Feeling a little uneasy she checks the holster under her arm. A few more drags and the lights are almost on her, then they are. The bikes GROWL as they fly by, grit and gravel pinging off the windshield.

EXT. ROAD. NIGHT

One of the Bikers looks back, then looks back at the road again. He RIPS the THROTTLE and they all speed off.

INT. CAR. NIGHT

Valero watches the light from the bikes shrink and disappear. She tosses the cigarette out of the window and lights another. 

EXT. ROAD. NIGHT. LATER

The Bikes pull up in a car park of a building which is located a few meters from the road. This is the CLUBHOUSE of the Vado Chapter of the Guerreros Azteca Motorcycle Club.Their patch painted twenty feet across the front wall. They want people to know who they are.

Parked out front a row of BIKES. The expensive machines aren't guarded. Anybody with half a brain knows what happens if you steal from these guys. There is, above the front door and pointed at the steps, a couple of CCTV cameras. All entrants are checked out before passage is allowed.  

The Bikers kill the engines, take off their helmets and approach the building. 

EXT. STREET. NIGHT

Valero drives.

DISPATCHER (O.S)

Car Four, you copy?

VALERO

Car Four where are you?

DISPATCHER (O.S)

Officer Perez do you copy? Mike,you out there buddy? Anybody seen or know where Car Four is?

MALE VOICE #1 (O.S)

Negative.

MALE VOICE #2 (O.S)

Negative.

FEMALE VOICE (O.S)

That's a negative.

DISPATCHER (O.S)

I can't raise Mike. Anybody near his last assigned, Orchid Way?

VALERO

Valero. I'm on the Four Seven Eight south of Singh Road. I'll buzz by.

DISPATCHER (O.S)

Thanks, Lieutenant. Apartment 46 A. Disturbance. Anybody free to back up the Lieutenant?

FEMALE VOICE (O.S)

Show Mak attending.

DISPATCHER (O.S)

Thanks Elsa.

Valero looks over to her left and sees the Clubhouse as she drives past. She sees the  Bikers who sped past her walk up the steps, she slows then speeds off.

FADE OUT





Artwork by Liilia with thanks.

Next part coming soon.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Macsween All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Macsween has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.