Biographical Non-Fiction posted August 29, 2017 Chapters: Prologue 1 -2- 3... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Katelyn's and John's love continues to flourish.

A chapter in the book Demons in My Head

The Proposal

by Mistydawn

The author has placed a warning on this post for sexual content.

John nervously walks up to Katelyn's porch. Straightening his blue tux one last time, he knocks on the door. His stomach tightens in one hard knot as he waits for someone to answer. I can do this. Taking a deep breath, he anxiously knocks again. Tonight is the night he's going to ask Katelyn to marry him.

He has the evening planned out, the candlelight dinner on the patio, the soft music, the best champagne that his budget can afford. It's taken all of his money and countless hours of overtime, but John figures it'll be well worth it if she says yes. Katelyn is his one true love, his soul mate and he doesn't want to spend another day without her by his side.

He realizes her illness is going to make things difficult for them, but he's willing to accept all of its challenges, as long as it's her face he sees first thing in the morning, and the last thing he sees before he drifts off to sleep.

"Honey, John is here," Madeline says, opening the door. Stan steps up beside her.

"Mr. Mrs. Howard," he replies, glancing towards the stairs.

"You'll be calling us Mom and Dad before long, son." Stan winks.

"I hope so, sir." He'd thought it was only proper if he asks her parents for their blessing.

~~~

"I love Katelyn with all my heart and I'll do whatever it takes to make her happy."

"I know you'll do right by her, son," Stan says, patting him on the back. Stan really wasn't concerned about her happiness, he was just glad to get the tyrant out of his house because he believes she's the root of his problems. Stan thinks she's the reason for his faltering marriage, why he hasn't had a raise in years, the reason they're deep in debt. Of course, his wife, being the doting mother she is, doesn't see it that way.

"You've been a blessing to all of us, John. I don't know what we'd do without you," Madeline says, teary eyed. She starts thinking about all of their struggles before John came into their life.

Katelyn was expelled from three different schools and picked up by the police numerous times. If she wasn't locking herself in her room because someone was supposedly after her, she was being hospitalized for her fits of rage. 

It was John who calmed her down, who talked her into taking her meds despite the side effects. He's the one who got her to agree to therapy when no one else could and the one who kept her out of trouble.

"So is that a yes?" he anxiously asks, glancing back and forth between the two.

"Welcome to the family, son," Stan says, shaking the boy's hand.

~~~

Glancing up the staircase, he sees his beautiful bride-to-be gliding elegantly down the stairs. She has on a long blue gown that hangs just off her shoulders, with a dainty pearl necklace dangling around her neck. The gown's lacy waistline expands outward, cascading elegantly to the floor. Her chestnut hair is pulled into a tight bun at the top of her head. Two tiny curls hang down either side of her face. A little whip of bangs hangs delicately across her forehead.

"You look gorgeous, Katelyn," he says, offering his hand. His heart skips a beat when she places her hand in his.

"Thank you," she timidly replies, walking down the remaining steps.

"My baby is all grown up," Madeline sniffles. Taking her handkerchief, she quickly dabs her eyes.

"These are for you," John says, handing Katelyn beautiful long stem roses.

"They're lovely," she says, sniffing the crimson flowers. 

"They're not half as lovely as you."

Her cheeks quickly turn the color of her flowers. Sniffing them again she hands them to her mom.

"You kids have fun, stay out as long as you like," Stan says, winking at John.

"Where are we going?" she asks, walking to the car.

"Someplace very special." He smiles, opening the door for her.

A few minutes later they pull up to the elegant restaurant.

"Le Stick Nouveau, this place costs a fortune."

"You are worth every last penny," he says, opening the door for her. The two stroll arm in arm across the parking lot.

"I feel like royalty, being taken to such an elegant restaurant by a handsome prince like you," she says, stepping through the door.

"We've been expecting you, Mr. Logan. If you'll follow me, sir," the owner says.

"He knows you by name?" Katelyn whispers.

John smiles.

"Here's your table sir, on the veranda like you requested."

John quickly glances around." It's perfect, thank you, sir."

"Your waiter will bring your Champagne shortly."

"Champagne, but...."

"It'll be alright, honey, I promise," he says, winking at the owner.

Katelyn glances around. She sees red roses bordering the entire balcony, with white candles in between, white clematis above their head. "It's absolutely gorgeous," she says.

"You haven't seen anything yet." As if on cue the violinist walks over to their table.

"This song was playing when we first kissed," she exclaims.

~~~

Having a day off, the couple decides to go to the state fair. They spend all day eating deep fried foods, playing games, and enjoying the numerous attractions. 

"We have time for one more ride before we have to go," John says, glancing at his watch.

"Let's go on the Ferris wheel again, now that it's dark," she says, grabbing his hand, she drags him towards it.

"Hold on, let me get the tickets." He laughs, reaching in his pocket.

"Come on slow poke," she says. Glancing up, he sees she's already sitting in the seat.

John starts to hand the Carnie his tickets when he sees him shaking his head.

"This one is on the house." Leaning over he continues, "I'll be sure to stop at the top." He winks.

The ride goes around a couple of times before stopping as promised.

"Aren't the stars beautiful, tonight?" she asks.

"They're only half as beautiful as you." Reaching over, he brushes the hair from her face.

"I love you, Katelyn." I can get lost in there forever, John thinks, gazing into her almond eyes.

"I love you," she softly replies. She feels something stir deep in her soul as she stares into his baby blues.

John's heart races, as he leans in closer. "I fell in love with you the day we first met," he says, brushing his lips against hers.

She feels her breath catch in her throat as he presses his lips against hers.

Firecrackers explode in the distance, but the couple is too caught up in their own moment of passion to notice.

~~~

"You and the Carnie had the ride all planned out, didn't you?"

He chuckles. Standing up, he walks to her side. Smiling at Katelyn, he bends down on one knee.

Realizing what he's about to do, she starts tearing up.

Taking her hand into his, he gazes into her eyes. "Katelyn Rose Howard, I love you with my heart, body, and soul. You're my one and only true love, my soulmate. Will you do me the honors, and be my wife?"

"Yes, oh yes," she cries.

The couple enjoys the fine dining and dancing until the wee morning hours.

"This has been the best night of my life," Katelyn says, tottering across the parking lot. Katelyn's been feeling the effects of the Champaign for several hours.

"It's not over yet." He smiles, helping her inside the car.

"There's more?"

"Our celebration is just beginning, my love."

"What about my curfew?" She giggles.

"Your father said we can stay out as long as we want."

"He's in on this too?" 

"Your parents helped put it together."

"That's why she was so teary."

Chuckling, John pulls onto a dirt road.

"Why are we going out here? Wait, this is where you took me on our first date." 

"We're not going to get rained out this time." He smiles, glancing up at the starry sky.

She sees an RV parked off the main road, dim lanterns hanging around the site.

"Someone has a romantic weekend ahead."

"Yeah, us," he says, pulling alongside the camper.

"You did all of this for me?"

"Do you like it?"

"I love it, John." Hopping out of the car, she starts looking around.

"Why don't you change into something more comfortable, while I start a fire?"

"I didn't bring anything with me."

"Check the car."

She sees a few of her outfits folded neatly on the back seat.

"You thought of everything."

"I hope so."

A few minutes later, Katelyn steps out of the RV completely naked.

"Didn't the clothes fit?" he asks, adjusting his growing bulge. He's been wanting to make love to her for quite some time, but after her experience with an overzealous orderly, he didn't push the issue.

"I thought this is more appropriate," she says, lying on the blanket beside him.

"Are you sure, honey?" he asks, now painfully hard.

"I haven't been surer about anything in my life."

"Have I told you how beautiful you are?" he asks, gazing into her eyes.

"I love you, John."

"I love you. You are and always will be my one and only love." He gently kisses her.

"And you're my one and only true love."

 She feels his hardness rub against her inner thigh when they kiss again. This stirs a yearning between her legs, something she's never experienced before.

 Slipping his hand down her sensual body, he starts fondling her V. John feels her area moisten as he continues to play. "Let me show you how a woman is supposed to be treated." He moves his warm lips down her sexy body. She softly whimpers, her body trembles from his touch. He wraps his tongue around her nipple, his finger rubs her slit.

 "Don't stop, oh, please don't stop." She moans, spreading her legs out further. His fingers slip inside, as his thumb massages her button. Sliding her hand inside his pants, she wraps her fingers around his hardness. He groans in delight. She feels his manhood sliding back and forth as his fingers move in and out. 

"Please John, please make love to me," she begs, trying to undo his pants.

~~~

Seeing Katelyn naked beside him, John smiles. That was one passionate night of lovemaking. He feels his bulge spring to life as he recalls the fervent events. Rising up on his elbow, he gently kisses her lips. 

She sees his handsome face staring down at her when she opens her eyes. It wasn't a dream. She smiles, gazing into his deep baby blues.

"Good morning, my love."

"Good morning my handsome prince." 

"Did you enjoy yourself last night?"

She feels her desire build from the mere mention of their sultry night. "Very much so, how about you?" she asks, reaching for him. She feels his body tense up as she slowly moves her hand down his chest.

"What do you think?" he asks, feeling her warm fingers wrap around his manhood he moans.

"I think it's time for another round," she says, pulling him on top of her.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mistydawn All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Mistydawn has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.