Mystery and Crime Script posted August 20, 2017


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A young woman enters a nightmare.

Interview Not Required

by Macsween


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.
EXT. CAR PARK. NIGHT

A dusty and depressing service station car park in darkness completely devoid of vehicles apart from a minibus parked thirty meters from the nearest lamp post. Off in the distance the service station is illuminated. At one of the pumps an unattended COP CAR.

SUBTITLE: NEW MEXICO

INT. MINIBUS. NIGHT

A YOUNG MAN, late twenties and YOUNG WOMAN get undressed.

EXT. CAR PARK. NIGHT

In the shadows two TOUGH LOOKING MEN. With them a YOUNG WOMAN of around 21, dressed in a MINISKIRT, heels and a white vest top. Her make-up is thick and overdone. The men scan the car park and beyond. Miniskirt Girl stares at her feet. She can't bear to look at the bus.

INT. MINIBUS. NIGHT

The Young Woman lays across the seats.

EXT. CAR PARK. NIGHT

Man#1 checks his watch. He sets the timer to TWELVE MINUTES. Man#2 lights up a cigarette and takes a long drag, scratching the back of his head. They both watch the minibus.

INT. SERVICE STATION. NIGHT

A COP pays for coffee.

INT. MINIBUS. NIGHT

YOUNG MAN
You ready?

EXT. CAR PARK. NIGHT

A marked POLICE CAR doing the rounds pulls in. It drives past the bus, slows and turns around. It parks under a lamppost, the orange sodium of the lamp casting a dull glow over the almost completely white Cruiser. The lights are killed. The Cop from the service station exits. He sees the bus moving. He does what cops do.

INT. MINIBUS. NIGHT

The Young Woman stares at the roof. There is no emotion, just a blank stare.

INT. BAR. CIUDAD JUAREZ. NIGHT. FLASHBACK

Young Woman and Miniskirt Girl chat with a HANDSOME MAN. He orders them a drink.

EXT. CAR PARK. NIGHT

The Cop walks over to the bus. He sees the Young Man's head above the door. He hears a sound to his left and stops. What is it? An animal scrabbling in the bushes? Someone dragging a dead body? Cautiously he walks towards the sound. Something catches his eye: a movement in the shadows. He's not sure, but as his eyes adjust to the dimness he sees what it is: the faint outline of three PEOPLE standing dead still. His hand goes to his holstered gun. He feels better now.

COP
Hola, hablas Ingles?

The People in the shadows have been seen. There's no point avoiding it.

MAN #1
Yes.

COP
What are you doing?

MAN #1
Taking a leak.

The Cop looks over to the minibus.

INT. MINIBUS. NIGHT

The pair duck down inside. Young Woman closes her eyes.

EXT. BAR. CIUDAD JUAREZ. NIGHT. FLASHBACK

Young Woman, Miniskirt Girl and the Handsome Man exit the bar. They walk past a row of Harley's parked outside. A few BIKERS from the GUERRERO AZTECA MOTORCYCLE CLUB hang about drinking and smoking. Their PATCH is a figurine of the Aztec God of War, HUITZILOPOCHTLI, wielding a snake-headed club. One of them cat-calls the Girls.

EXT. CAR PARK. NIGHT.

COP
Come out of the dark.

MAN #1
We haven't done anything.

COP
(he takes his gun out of the holster)
Just come out, sir. Please.

They do.

COP (CONTINUED)
What are you doing here? What's your name?
(pointing at the Girl)
Who's she?

MAN #1
I told you. Taking a leak. Hugo. My wife.

COP
Why not use the toilet in the service station?

MAN #1
Blocked.

The Cop's training kicks in. This ain't right.

COP
I don't believe you. You guys step away from the girl.

They don't. Man #1 reaches into his pocket. The Cop points his gun and reaches for his radio.

INT. MINIBUS. NIGHT

Young Woman sees the Cop point his gun.

INT. SHACK. MEXICO. FLASHBACK

Young Woman and Miniskirt Girl huddle among a group of YOUNG GIRLS. They're filthy and scared. MEN with guns stand guard. A MAN enters and points at Young Woman and Miniskirt Girl. They are dragged out the room crying and screaming.

EXT. CAR PARK. NIGHT

Man#1 steps forward with his hands up.

COP
Halt.

MAN#1
Hey, it's okay. We're going on vacation to Vegas. Much cheaper to drive.

COP
(more nervous than authorative)
I said stop.
(a beat)
That bus yours?

MAN #1
(stopping as the gun points directly at him)
Never seen it before.
(pointing to service station)
Our car's over there.

INT. MINIBUS. NIGHT

Young Man, fumbling, gets dressed.

EXT. CAR PARK. NIGHT

COP
(to the Men)
Stand apart?
(to Man #1)
Big guy, over there.

The Men look at each other and smile. They separate.There is a long pause, the Cop nervously looking between the two Men and the minibus. His gun hand shakes a little. There's something seriously not right here. Mini Skirt Girl suddenly bursts forward.

MINI SKIRT GIRL
(grabbing Cop)
Oh, God please help me, help me, help me.

The Cop, even although his hackles are up, can't help but be surprised at the sudden movement.

COP
(shouting, pointing gun at the Men)
Halt. Don't move.

The Men raise their hands above their heads and smile.

MINI SKIRT GIRL
Help, they...

A SHOT RINGS OUT. Mini Skirt Girl is splashed with blood. She screams as the Cop slumps to the floor dead.

INT. MINIBUS. NIGHT

Inside the bus Young Woman clamps her hand over her mouth.

YOUNG MAN
Oh, God.

EXT. CAR PARK. NIGHT

A THIRD MAN walks out of the shadows. Mini Skirt Girl falls to her knees. Man #3 grins and blows pretend smoke from the end of his gun. The Men approach Mini Skirt Girl.

MINISKIRT GIRL POV

Man #1 picks up the Cop's gun. He raises the gun to Mini Skirt Girl's head. She looks through the gun, through the Man and looks directly at the Young Woman in the bus.

INT. MINIBUS. NIGHT

Young Woman closes her eyes as a shot rings out.




Watching the Script writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a script that makes your readers feel as if they are watching a movie or play, not just reading it.


Artwork by Liilia with thanks.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Macsween All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Macsween has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.