Fantasy Fiction posted August 14, 2017 Chapters:  ...18 19 -20- 21... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Unleashed Chaos/A Novel of the Breedline series

A chapter in the book Unleashed Chaos

Your Arms Feel Like Home

by scongrove




Background
NOTE: This chapter has some romance scenes. I promise, it's very tasteful and heartwarming. Thank you for your review and helpful advice.
Previously...

After Eve gave birth to her and Sebastian’s twin boys, everyone in the Breedline Covenant welcomed the new arrivals, but fear lurked in the back of their mind, wondering if the twins inherited the genes of the Chiang-shih demon.
While Eve awaits her trial for her crimes against the Breedline, Sebastian—the father of her children—uses a portal and takes Eve before she faces her punishment, promising to come back for the twins.


Now that Eve is gone, her sister Mia and her bonded mate Jem decide to take on the responsibility of raising Eve’s twins.

Meanwhile, Tessa and Jace are planning their future as they prepare to be parents soon themselves. 
 

Continued...

Lying in bed, Jem spooned Mia with his arm wrapped around her waist. Kissing her neck and tilting his pelvis into her hips, she instantly felt his arousal deflate when sounds of a baby crying came from the monitor on top of the nightstand. The crying started out little and quickly escalated into full-blown wailing. 

“I’m sorry,” Mia said, rolling over, facing him.

Jem took her face in his palms. “It’s okay. You need help?”

There was absolutely no expression of disapproval in his eyes, or in the tone of his voice. He’d never been resentful of Eve’s twins since they took them in. If anything he’d been helpful.

Mia got off the bed and went to the door. “No, you stay in bed. I’ll be back, honey.”

“Let me know if you need my help.”

Going into the room next door, she walked over to the crib. Looking down, baby Arius was lying quietly next to his upset twin brother. Both boys had grown miraculously since they’d been born just three weeks ago. Since they were half succubus, their growth rate was much faster than a full-blood Breedline. Shifting her focus on Tidus, his face was red and soaked with tears as his hands formed into little fists, screaming at the top of his lungs. 

Reaching down, she scooped Tidus into her arms. “Shhh, auntie Mia has you.” She checked his diaper and noticed he was dry. It wasn’t time for his feeding since she’d given them both a bottle not even an hour ago. She kissed his forehead and sat down in a rocking chair nearby. His cries lightened and turned into hiccups as Mia rocked him. Smoothing her hand gently through Tidus’s dark curls, she realized how everything had changed since they started taking care of the twins.

When Tidus finally settled, Mia let her head fall back against the rocker and heard soft coos coming from the crib. With the baby in her arms, she carefully stood and walked slowly over. Easing Tidus back inside, she reached over and picked up Arius.

Cuddling him against her chest, he reached up and touched her face.

“You’re such a good little boy, aren’t you?”she said in a soft voice.  

Opening his mouth, he moved his lips like he was trying to talk. With concentration, he formed soft babbles and little coos. Holding him in her arms made Mia understand why being a mother was such an amazing experience. It was if she’d given birth herself to these two precious darlings.

She glanced inside the crib to check on Tidus before she put Arius back down. He was sound asleep. After she had placed Arius next to his brother, she looked at his wide eyes and gasped. They had turned completely black. 

She blinked in confusion and looked closer.

With his brows furrowed, Arius’s eyes changed back to a golden hue. Letting out a soft coo, he reached out to her.

Mia quickly covered her mouth to keep from screaming. “Oh, God,” she mumbled against her palm.

Right after the twin’s birth, Jem had mentioned that he saw Arius’s eyes change from gold to black. Even Cassie had said she thought she saw his eyes change in the delivery room.

When she heard the door creak, she flinched and quickly turned around. She let out a relieved sigh when Jem came into view.

“Mia, is something wrong?”

With fear in her eyes, she stared at him in silence.

Holding out his hand, he motioned for her to take it. Quietly moving toward him, she took his hand in hers. He tucked her against his chest and kissed her forehead. “Talk to me, honey.”

He felt her tense up. “Arius…” she said, trying to catch her breath. “Arius’s eyes…”     

“What about his eyes?”

Her voice became soft and careful like she didn’t want to spook him. “You were right before. I saw it. His eyes changed.”

Jem wrapped his arm around Mia and held her tight. He was afraid he’d been right when Arius’s eyes changed right after he was born, but he didn’t want to press the issue.

“I’m sorry,” she choked out.

Pulling from their embrace, he said, “For what, sweetheart?”

Mia looked into Jem’s eyes, blazing with intensity. “For not believing you in the first place.”

“You don’t have to apologize, Mia. I understand.” He pressed his lips to hers, so gentle and reverent. “They’re your blood. I can understand why you wanted to believe otherwise.”

As Jem pulled away from Mia, he walked over to the crib. Looking down, Arius was curled up against Tidus, his arms and legs snuggled in tight.

The instant Jem moved away, Arius stirred and made a little noise. 

“He just wants a little comforting pat,” Mia whispered.    

Jem reached forward, and Arius took his thumb, pulling it to his mouth.

“He’s sucking my thumb,” Jem lightly chuckled, looking over his shoulder at Mia.

Mia reached down and picked up a pacifier that was on a nearby dresser. “Give him this,” she whispered, handing it to Jem. “Arius wants his binky.”

Taking it from Mia, he slowly replaced his thumb with the pacifier. Turning around, he saw tears streaming down Mia’s face.

“Come here, sweetheart,” he murmured, reaching out to her. When she took his hand, he pulled her close. “It’s going to be okay,” he said, pressing a kiss on top of her head. “We’ll figure this out.”

With her cheek pressed against his chest, she let out a long sigh. “We’re going to have to tell Tim and the others. They all have the right to know.”

He nodded and took a deep breath. “Don’t worry, Mia.” He smoothed his hand down her long hair. “They’ll understand.”     
             
****
Tessa sank deeper into the tub, and closed her eyes. As the water level rose, it covered everything but her head and her rounded belly.

Staring at her stomach in the dim light, she felt at peace. The warmth soothed her changing body, now at the beginning of her seventh month. Closing her eyes, she smiled when she remembered what her father had told her. He’d never given up on searching for her when her mother disappeared years ago. After all this time, Tessa thought both of her parents abandoned her. Now she knew it wasn’t true. Not by her father anyway.

Lifting a hand out of the water, Tessa pushed her hair back. The wetness warmed the back of her neck, causing her to break out in a sweat. She thought back to the first night she’d been brought to the Breedline Covenant and what she’d later discovered. Not only was she born an entirely different species, but she was also their queen.

With her eyes barely open, she turned on the jets and floated. The water moved against the tub as she shifted her legs around. Abruptly, she jerked upright, causing the water to splash out onto the floor when the babies moved inside of her. “Oh,” she gasped.

Almost an hour later, she stood up and reached for a fluffy towel off a nearby shelf. She relaxed when it came in contact with her skin, feeling like a soft cloud caressing her as she wrapped it around her body.

“You’re beautiful,” a raspy voice came from the open door. 

Tessa’s wet heel squeaked as she wrenched around to the doorway. Jace was standing in the shadows staring at her without a stitch of clothes on. There was a magnetic moment as their eyes met.

“I want you,” he purred.

When she dropped her towel, she felt a sizzle in the air between them and knew it was not one-sided.

Now,” he whispered.

A slight smile curved her lips. “How can I say no,” she said with a wink.

He came to her with desire in his eyes and took her face in his warm hands. Leaning down, he brushed his lips against hers in a passionate kiss, and then she was off the floor and in his arms. Carrying her into the bedroom, he gently laid her on top of a thick, plush comforter as if she was a delicate piece of glass, in danger of shattering. She pulled his shoulders down to her as he settled beside her on the bed—like he was worried he would hurt her if he put any weight on her belly. Except she wanted his weight on top of her; she wanted to feel him pressing her down into the mattress with his warm body against hers. 

Pulling him down, she opened her legs to make room for his arousal that went right to her core, making her moan softly.

When he placed his lips on hers, his tongue slipped into her mouth, and his palm moved to her breast. He was better than the warm water in the tub, especially when he rolled his hips against hers, stroking with the promise of pleasure.

As her nipples tightened to the point of pain, Jace broke the seal of their kiss and moved lower. His tongue was lazy as he licked around one breast and then the other.

Arching in pleasure, she pushed his hair back, the thick, long waves that fell around her face. She glanced down at his hips, watching them flex and thrust as he made love to her.  

“Tessa,” he whispered her name. He lifted his head and looked down her body. “You’re so beautiful.”

Jace lowered his head, and his fingers drifted over to her hip and onto her outer thigh. He caressed her leg as he carefully moved in and out of her. Recapturing her mouth, he slipped his hand between her legs. Using his fingers, he rubbed in a slow, tentative rhythm.

For a split second, she stiffened and cried out, her body trembling from her head down to her toes, riding out the glorious release. She opened her eyes and watched those handsome features of his strain. His head tilted back and his eyes squeezed tight as his own release came. She reached out and smoothed down the side of his face.

“You’re the beautiful one,” she whispered. 

Jace let out a deep breath and nuzzled her throat. “I love you, baby.”

“I love you, too,” she murmured against his warm skin.

God, he thought, that was what he needed to hear. Her being safe in his arms gave him a rush so great he had to blink his way through it. As much as he wanted more of this—he wouldn’t press her, worrying too much would hurt in her condition. “You’re everything to me, Tessa,” he whispered next to her ear. “Please… don’t ever leave me.”

She kissed his temple and smiled. “I’m forever yours.”

Rising out of bed, he walked over to the corner of the room.

As she watched his hips flex with each step, she said, “Where are you going?”

“Hang on, baby. I’ll be right back.”

When he came back, he was carrying an acoustic guitar. It was incredible, and obviously vintage.

“Where did you get that?”

Smiling ear to ear, he said, “My uncle Jacks got this for me when I first started to play.”

“It’s beautiful,” she boasted. “Are you going to play for me?”

Sitting on the bed beside her, completely naked with only the guitar covering him, he nodded. “I’m going to sing for you,” he paused and smoothed his hand over her belly, “and the babies.”

She grinned. “Are you going to sing a lullaby?”

Jace’s face split into a goofy, idiotic grin. His entire face lit up and joy reflected in his blue eyes. “Hmmm,” he muttered in amusement. “I guess it’s my version of a lullaby.”

“I’m sure we’ll love it,” Tessa said, giggling.

When his fingers magically strummed across the strings, her eyes filled with tears hearing his soulful voice. He sang her favorite song, Your Arms Feel Like Home, by 3 Doors Down.

After the heartfelt ballad, she held out her arms to him. “That was breathtaking. Thank you, sweetheart.” 

Lying in each other’s arms, they finally fell asleep as Jace drifted into another dark dream.

In the dream, he was kneeling on the floor, watching Tessa lying in bed straining to breathe. When she turned her pale face to him and stared out from under heavy lids, she whispered, “Please, Jace… save our sons.”

Tears came to his eyes, and Jace’s heart pounded, wishing this to be only a dream. Except no—Tessa was reaching out to his face, touching him gently.

He pressed his lips to hers and then brushed her tears from her cold cheeks. Tessa had struggled for only a moment before she swallowed. “I’ll always be with you,” her weak voice drifted into silence as she closed her eyes.

Grasping onto her shoulders, Jace shook her lifeless body. “No, Tessa… please don’t leave me,” he begged. Desperately waiting for her response, he stared at her closed lids. Reaching up, he stroked her hair back and prayed she would soon open them again.

Suddenly, there was a limitless reservoir of heat inside of him, and now it broke out on the surface of his skin as if every hair follicle in his body was expanding.

His fingernails tingled as they began to stretch. Looking at his hands, he watched claws, the size of daggers, extend from his fingertips. Pain ripped through his flesh as the skin of his face began to pull and twist out of its natural shape. Thick, white fur rapidly grew out of his skin. It spread up his arms and onto his shoulders, growing out of every pore, covering his entire body. Smoothing his tongue over his lips, he could feel his mouth lengthening and his teeth stretching into sharp canines. His throat opened with a cry until his voice distorted and turned into a howl.    
     

“Jace?”

At the sound of a soft voice, Jace struggled from the thick fog that enveloped him like a blanket. When his eyes popped open, he grappled with his memory, trying to piece together what his dream had meant. Bits and pieces came back to him like random photos flashing on a video screen. Jace remembered Tessa struggling to breath. And then he remembered death... her death. Jace blinked several times, puzzled by the horrible nightmare. When he saw Tessa’s face, it took him a moment to realize he was awake.

“Tessa,” he said hoarsely, staring at her incredible green eyes, the color something that rivaled of the most beautiful, pale emerald gems.

Leaning closer, she pushed a strand of sweat-soaked hair from his face. “Jace, you had a bad dream. Don’t worry, honey,” she reassured him. “I’m never going to leave you.”
  
Panic was starting to seize him, and he shook uncontrollably. He wanted to weep like a baby, but he had to hold it together for Tessa. In her condition, she didn’t need him to be a wreck. She needed him to be strong. With his forehead wrinkling in confusion, he shook his head.

“You were talking in your sleep,” Tessa whispered, her eyes filled with worry as she stared at Jace. “Why would you think I would leave you?” she asked, reaching for his hand.

Closing his eyes, he shook his head again. Reopening them, he calmed under her touch as she reassured him.

“I’m sorry,” he said helplessly, his eyes shiny with tears. “I didn’t mean to wake you.”

“Don’t worry, honey. It’s okay.”

As Jace took her hand, she settled against his body with her head rested on his chest.

She flinched. “Did you feel that?”

Gently placing his palm over her belly, he smiled. “I think they’re trying to kick a field goal.”

“I can’t wait to hold them in my arms,” she murmured.

He gathered Tessa close in his arms, closing his eyes as he pressed his lips to her forehead. “Just a few more months, honey.”    
 
As silence drifted between them, Jace watched as Tessa closed her eyes, appearing peaceful. But he knew that underneath it all, his nightmares still lurked. And staying awake was the only thing keeping the nightmares at bay.     
     
To be continued...
 
 

 




NOTE: This is not part of the chapter. A reference for terms and characters, especially for new readers:

BREEDLINE - A species of humans that have the ability to change from human form into a wolf. They are not like the old legend of the Lycanthropy myth. Breedline species can shift into their wolf at will. The moon has no power over them. They do not pass their ability to other humans with a bite or scratch like the Lycanthropy myth.
The Breedline gene is passed down to offspring that are born identical twins. Although they live amongst human, their species must be kept secret.
In wolf form, they have super strength, speed, and heightened senses. Their lifespan is the same as a normal human, but they are immune to illness and disease. Only a silver bullet to the brain will kill them. All males change into their wolf at the age of eighteen. Females do not go through the change until they make love to their Breedline bonded mate.

BREEDLINE TWINS - Identical twins that are born from either one or both parents of the Breedline species. They have a strong, unbreakable bond from birth, are born with telepathic abilities, and have the power to sense the other's emotions or injuries. In some cases, the bond between twins are so strong, if one dies, the other twin may pass on, especially if they don't have a mate.

BREEDLINE BONDING - The male Breedline spends their life in search of their bonded mate. When the male comes in contact with her, he instantly feels a simultaneous, desirable attraction and she becomes the most important thing in his life. He is there to love, protect, and cherish her until death. Once they are mated, they bond for life. It is possible for them to have more than one mate in their lifespan.

BELOVED - A word used by a Breedline to express the bond to their mate.

DOUBLE BONDED - In some cases, male Breedline twins bond with the same female; but one will carry a stronger bond. Usually one of them must sacrifice for the other twin.

BREEDLINE COVENANT - The Breedline species must live within the boundaries of a Covenant, which is only formed with their species. The Covenant is governed and ruled by a head council. The council keeps their laws in order and oversees the species population.

THE BREEDLINE QUEEN - Over centuries the Breedline Covenant is ruled by a true Queen. If there is no Queen living, the Covenants are governed by an appointed head council until another Queen is born. A Breedline Queen is born once every one hundred years. Her massive stature, black fur, and red eyes are the Queen's trademarks. Her alpha wolf has twice the strength, speed, and size of any Breedline. The Queen is expected to rule over all the Breedline Covenants where she will be respected and obeyed by all Breedline. This is their absolute True Law.

THE QUEENS RING - This ring has been passed down to all Breedline Queens for generations. When the new Queen places the ring on, it instantly shifts in size to fit her finger.

TRUE LAW - All Breedline Covenants have an ancient book of laws. If either sex disobeys the Breedline laws, they can be shunned, or no longer protected by their Covenant. If a Breedline takes another life out of revenge, or evil - other than protecting their life, and the life of another - they will never have the ability to shift back human and cast out as a rogue wolf.

ROGUE WOLF - A Breedline shunned by their Covenant for taking another life out of revenge or evil and forced to live as a wolf until death without the ability to change human again. Some rogue wolves form into packs, which can be dangerous for other Breedline species.

RED (BLOOD) MOON - When the full moon passes through the amber shadow of the earth, producing a midnight eclipse visible across North America. So begins a lunar eclipse tetrad, a series of four consecutive total eclipses occurring at approximately six-month intervals. This incredible light beams into the heart of earth's shadow, filling it with a coppery glow and transforming the moon into a great red orb. During this time, all Breedline species that are mated have a strong desire to create offspring. This is also a time when Breedline females are more fertile for the conception of twins.

CHIANG-SHIH DEMON (Kiang shi, a.k.a Ramael Arminius) - An ancient demon that inhabits the body of a Breedline fetus before it's born, or during a Breedline's death. It continues to take the soul over the natural lifespan of the child, or the deceased Breedline. When the demon possesses a fetus, it breaks the bonding and telepathic abilities of their twin when they are born. If the demon possesses a deceased Breedline's body, it must do so before the soul passes on. If the soul is not intact, the body will soon die.
In most cases, the Chiang-shih demon will take the life of the other twin, even before their birth. The twin that is born with the demon will bring only evil to whomever they encounter. Their sole purpose is to gain full control of another soul and seek world domination.
There are two ways the demon is cast from the soul it possesses: By its firstborn son, and the Angel of Mercy, Zadkiel. The Beast is the only one who can kill a Chiang-shih demon.

THE BEAST - He is the second born son of the Chiang-shih demon. When provoked into a rage, he will shift into his Beast instead of his Breedline wolf. The Beast is an enormous, dangerous two-footed creature that has wolf-like features. One bite has enough venom to kill the Chiang-shih demon and leave the soul of the person the demon possessed unharmed.

SHADOW WALKER (a.k.a Shadow Figure, or Black Mass) - The perception of a patch of shadow as a living, humanoid figure, particularly interpreted by the Breedline as the presence of a malevolent entity. When a Breedline species dies and does not pass on to the other side, they are left to roam the earth as a shadow of themselves - a ghost. They will not pass on until they have settled unfinished business before their death.

ZADKIEL (Tzadqiel, a.k.a "Righteousness of God") - The Archangel of freedom, benevolence, and mercy, and the Patron Angel of all who forgives. Breedline species tradition considers him to be the Angel of Mercy.

SUCCUBUS (a.k.a CREEPERS) - Creatures that search for, and feeds off the blood of the Breedline species. Creepers are skilled at extreme sexual pleasure, and the ecstasy they create is exceedingly intense and highly addictive. They cast off a scent that hypnotizes Breedlines into overwhelming sexual urges. They use their human-like bodies and beautiful features to control and influence their thoughts.
They have the ability to reach into the Breedline's mind during sleep, casting a spell of dreams about sexual contact, or intercourse. And one much less obvious manifestation of Creepers is nightmares - realistic, graphic, terrifying nightmares that rob the Breedline of sleep. Over a period, it can lead to severe fatigue and depression, leaving them emotionally and spiritually drained. Death can occur if they completely take over the Breedline's body.

HALF-BREED - This species is born with the genes from both Breedline and succubus. They can bond with either a full-blood Breedline or another half-breed. They do not have the ability to change into the Breedline wolf, but they do need blood from them to survive. With the power to hypnotize, most Breedlines have minimal respect and credence toward the half-breed species.

WICCA (or Wise One) - According to the Breedline species, a Wicca is the goddess of magic, witchcraft, the night, moon, ghosts, and necromancy. A Wicca is also considered to be a demonic spirit. It is unclear to the Breedline if they act under the orders of the devil, or they are simply not understood and treated as outcasts. They have the ability to do white magic (good) or dark (evil).

KATAKO (a.k.a Lucas, or Dark Shadow) - He is the Chiang-shih demon's offspring that is born both Breedline and Wiccan. After one year, the Katako develops into an adult with the mind of a child, without reaching full maturity. It has the power to appear translucent, or become completely invisible. Being born half Breedline, it can shift into a wolf and transform, or mimic another creature with the power to instantly travel from one place to another. Their true purpose of creation is to bring forth the souls stuck in purgatory by using one drop of its blood. The Breedline Queen's bite is the only way to destroy it.

GOLEMS (a.k.a The Death Army) - Evil creatures created by dark Wiccans with the power of necromancy. By releasing the souls of demons stuck in purgatory, the Wicca can give them the ability to shape into a creature that is made from earth. These creatures have various qualities, such as mass strength, enormous stature, and the power to consume their victims by saturating them with mud.

GUARDIANS (a.k.a Spirits of the Forest) - They originated during the Middle Ages with the purpose of protecting all creatures, especially the Breedline from the destruction of any creation made by a dark Wicca. They have the ability to stay invisible with the power to move through any barrier and over any distance instantly.

THERIOMORPH - This species is born with the genes of a Breedline, but do not have the ability to change into a Breedline wolf. They shape shift into an enormous black panther. They possess powers of mind manipulation and random visions of the future. They must use the drug dopamine to suppress their urges. Their eye color shifts into a glowing lavender when their Theriomorph nature takes over. The Breedline see them as a threat to their species.

Jace Chamberlain (a.k.a The Beast) - He is a Breedline species which later discovers his birth father - who is possessed by the Chiang-shih demon - murdered his mother when he and his twin brother were four years old. Raised by their new foster family and their uncle Jacks, he later discovers he was born with a curse of the Beast. With the help of his twin brother Jem, and his bonded mate Tessa, they help him cope with his rage to keep the Beast at bay. He's an IT engineer and is the lead singer and plays acoustic guitar in the band Chaos.

Jem Chamberlain (a.k.a The Chosen Son) - He is a Breedline species and Jace's twin brother. He carries the gene of the Chiang-shih demon that gives him the power to create a portal, and a force of electric energy used as a weapon, and other powers he discovers later. His bonded mate is Mia Blackwood, and he's an IT engineer and the drummer in the band Chaos.

Tessa Fairchild - She was born into the human world and later discovers she's a Breedline. Abandoned by her parents, she was raised by her Aunt and Uncle without the knowledge of being born a twin. After she meets Jace, they become bonded mates. During her first change into her Breedline wolf, she is the new Breedline Queen. She is an inspiring artist.

Dr. John and Sarah Chamberlain - They are Jace, Jem and Cassie's adopted human parents. They are physicians in a children's unit, and also donates their time to the emergency center.

Chester and Amelia Ewan - They are called Guardians - a species originated during the Middle Ages with the purpose of protecting all creatures, especially the Breedline from the destruction of any creation made by a dark Wiccan.

Jackson Gray - He is Jace and Jem's biological uncle - Katlyn Gray's older brother. Although he carries the gene of the Breedline, he does not shift into a wolf. Only Breedlines born with an identical twin have the ability to change into their wolf. He's a medical supply pilot.

Mia Blackwood - She is a half-breed and Jem's bonded mate. Abandoned at birth and raised in human foster care, she later finds her twin sister, Eve.

EVE - She is a half-breed and Sebastian's bonded mate. Growing up in human foster care, she spent her entire childhood abused until Sebastian saves her. Scorned from her past, she lashes out in anger, living a life of crime later to discover her twin sister, Mia Blackwood. After realizing the Chiang-shih demon possesses Sebastian, Eve clings to the past in hopes of reuniting with her beloved. Now that Sebastian is finally free of the demon, she has trust issues, worried he has an alternative plan for their sons.

Sebastian Crow - He is a half-breed, and Eve's bonded mate. After he had been killed by Jace in self- defense, he was possessed by the Chiang-shih demon after the Angel of Mercy cast him out of Alexander's body. As he tried to portray Sebastian's life, Eve finally figured out his secret. Keeping her captive only to survive on her blood, he later develops feelings for her. The demon creates a death army, determined to dominate the world and unleash his wrath amongst humans and the Breedline. Now free from the demon, he is determined to reunite with his beloved Eve who is kept prisoner by the Breedline Covenant awaiting trial for her past crimes against them.

Alexander Crest - He is a Breedline who was possessed by the Chiang-shih demon before birth. Murdering his family, Alexander kidnapped his twin's bonded mate, Katlyn Gray. Keeping her prisoner against her will, she becomes pregnant with his twins. As she managed to escape before she gave birth, Alexander eventually kills her in a fit of rage. Returning for his chosen son twenty-two years later, he is determined to convince him to join his army. After the battle between the Breedline, the demon is finally cast out of Alexander setting his soul free. For the demon's past crimes, Alexander is pardoned and must reside in the Breedline Covenant. Praying for forgiveness, he reunites with his twin sons, Jace and Jem. As he fights to keep his new family safe, romance blossoms with Dr. Helen Carrington.

Tim Ross - He is a Breedline species and head council of the California Covenant. Angel, his bonded mate - who is a half-breed - has Tim's daughter they named Natalie, after her sister.

Angel - She is a half-breed and Tim's bonded mate.

Natalie - She is a half-breed and Tim and Angel's daughter.

Kyle Jones - He is a Breedline species that resides in the California Covenant. Having lost his family to a house fire at childhood, his uncle Tim Ross has raised him since. Celina Baldolf is his bonded mate. He's a mechanic and also Jace and Jem's close friend, and plays bass in the rock band Chaos.

Casey Barton - He was born of the Breedline species, and lives in the California Covenant. He was adopted by Tim Ross's brother and carries a deep dark secret, afraid to reveal to the Breedline. He is a clothing model and plays backup bass and keyboards in the band Chaos.

Dr. Helen Carrington - She is a Breedline species and a physician at the California Bates hospital for both Breedlines and humans. Later, she discovers Jace and Jem carry a gene, possibly used for a cure to stop the aging process in her species. After Alexander's demon is banished, he is pardoned for all past crimes and welcomed into the Breedline Covenant. When he meets Helen, they become bonded mates.

Drakon Hexus - He is a Breedline species. At a young age, his first bonded mate was killed by her father. In a rage, he hunts and kills her murderer, breaking the Breedline's True Law. Shunned by his Covenant and forced to live as a rogue wolf, he's promised his humanity back if he joins the Chiang-shih demon's army. After Drakon discovers the demon's plans to destroy all humans and half-breeds, he betrays him and joins forces with the Breedline. As time passes, he bonds with another mate, Cassie Chamberlain.

Cassie Chamberlain - Adopted at age two by Jace and Jem's adopted parents after her mother abandons her. Later, she discovers she is a Breedline species and bonds with the handsome Drakon Hexus. She is a nurse practitioner, specializing in the neonatal intensive care unit.

Malachi O'Conner - He was born a Breedline species, and shunned by the Breedline Covenant after breaking their True Law. Alexander Crest's demon later forced him into joining his army of rogue wolves. After he had tried to escape, he endured cruel torture from the Alexander's Chiang-shih demon. He was later rescued by the Breedline and pardoned for his past crimes.

Celina Baldolf - She is a Breedline species with the power of a Wiccan, but only practices white witchcraft. Her twin sister Taliah - a dark Wicca - murdered their parents when they were twelve years old. Dr. Helen Carrington is their aunt, and Kyle Jones is Celina's Breedline bonded mate. She is an editor for a local publishing company.

Taliah Baldolf - She is a Breedline species and the mother of the Katako. Using her powers as a dark Wiccan, she joins forces with the Chiang-shih demon to create his death army. After she threatens to kill the Breedline Queen, the Beast overpowers her and sends her to her death.

Samuel Mercier - He is a Breedline and a council member from France that has secretly turned against his own Covenant to help the Chiang-shih demon. He and his other Breedline traitors go into hiding after the Breedline destroy the demon, desperate to seek revenge against the Covenant.

Fredrick Mercier - He is a Breedline and Samuel Mercier's identical twin. Also, he's a council member from France that has secretly turned against the Covenant to help the Chiang-shih demon.

Corbin Azzo - He is a Breedline and a council member that has turned against the Covenant to help the Chiang-shih demon.



Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. scongrove All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
scongrove has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.