Fantasy Fiction posted August 7, 2017 Chapters:  ...17 18 -19- 20... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Unleashed Chaos/A Novel of the Breedline series

A chapter in the book Unleashed Chaos

John Doe

by scongrove




Background
I appreciate everyone's help and your reviews. Thank you Andrew for posing for my character, Steven. And a special thinks to Cailin Way for the beautiful photograph.
Previously...

Even though Steven was shot in the chest, he managed to defend himself against Dr. Ludwig, two Breedline hybrids, and the evil physician’s thuggish bodyguards.

As Dr. Helen Carrington finally discovers the cure for the Breedline aging process, she is called to the hospital to assist with a patient that is brought to the hospital with a gunshot wound. When she arrives, the emergency room erupts in chaos. Dr. Allman, who is prepping for surgery, mysteriously passes out and the patient on the examination table is glowing.

When Helen takes control of the situation, and Dr. Allman comes around, she realizes the patient has miraculously healed, leaving no trace of a bullet wound.

Meanwhile, now that Eve has come to terms that her son Arius has the mark of the Chiang-shih demon, she agrees to go with Sebastian to his twin brother’s estate and meet Lilith to find out what she wants with her son.


Continued...   

About two hours later, John Doe—the patient with a gunshot wound, and a body that sparkled like a disco ball—miraculously healed, and finally stopped glowing. When Helen pushed open the door to the intensive care unit, with her leather bag on her shoulder, and her car keys in her hand, she was ready to head back to the Breedline Covenant. But she wasn’t leaving without seeing John Doe first.

If her intuition was correct, this could be a link to the missing patient dated back in the seventies she’d been researching. Years ago, she’d found a file in the hospital that was put away marked as confidential. She had no clue how it got here in this hospital, but no one seemed to miss the documented research. The file was a study done by a German physician named Dr. Hans Autenburg. In the reported research, it revealed a patient that had supernatural rapid tissue regeneration he called SPECIMEN ONE—the same ability she found in Jace and Jem’s blood months ago. Using their blood samples, she all but exhausted herself trying to come up with a cure for the Breedline’s aging process. Now, just hours ago, she finally was successful. All she had to do was test it.     
    
Most of the nurses on staff were Breedline and kept the patient’s medical information confidential. Helen didn’t want it leaking out to the public, especially to humans. If they got a hold of what had just happened earlier, it would be spread all over news media, and that wouldn’t be safe for their species.   

As she walked over to the nursing station, the young nurse across the counter looked up. “Hey, Dr. Carrington, are you here to check on the patient in room eleven?”

“Yeah,” Helen said with an exhausted sigh. “Has he woken up yet?”

“No,” the nurse replied. “I just checked on him thirty minutes ago. All his vital signs are stable, but he’s still unconscious. Nurse Jacky is with him now.”

Clanging her keys around, Helen nodded and put them back in her pocket. “By the way, did we find a next of kin?”

“We searched through his belongings but came up empty. There was no wallet, no phone… nothing.”  

Helen shook her head. “I’m not surprised. He was probably mugged right after the attack.”

“Yeah, you’re probably right.”

“What about the police,” Helen queried. “Have they asked any questions about our patient?”

“After John Doe’s admittance, two detectives came in asking about him.” She handed Helen a card. “They left this in case the patient becomes conscious. I guess they want to question him.”

“Thank you,” Helen said, placing the card in her bag. “I’ll take care of it.”

The nurse nodded as Helen waved and headed down the corridor. Room eleven was all the way back, on the left. When she got there, Nurse Jacky looked up from checking the patient’s IV and said, “Hello, Dr. Carrington.”

Helen put her bag down and reached for the medical record that was in a file holder on the wall. “Hi Jacky,” she replied, glancing over the chart. “How’s our patient?”

“He’s still stable, which is amazing.”

As Helen flipped through the recent stats, she said, “Yep, he’s a bit of a mystery.”

She was about to close up the medical file when she noticed the patient’s blood pressure recording. It was back to normal. Everything seemed to be stable as she glanced over the chart.

The nurse paused at the door. “Let me know if you need anything.”

Helen smiled. “Thanks, Jacky.”

After the nurse had left, Helen pulled the privacy curtain into place and went over to the bedside. Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out an ophthalmoscope. As she leaned over him, Helen used her fingers to open one of his lids. She shined the lighted medical device into his retina, holding it steady. Her intuition was right, she thought. John Doe had to be one of Dr. Hans Autenburg’s patients. The German physician’s study also reported abnormal lights that reflected in his patient’s irises—exactly as the person lying in this bed.

Staring at his face, she put her hand on his forearm. “I’ve got a lot of questions for you when you wake up,” she muttered in a quiet voice.

“Helen.”

She flinched at the voice and quickly wheeled around. “Jesus, Carl,” she gasped, placing her hand over her heart, “you scared me.”

Dr. Carl Eaves shrugged his shoulders. “Sorry, Helen.”

As he went around to the other side of the bed, Carl looked at the patient and said, “I just wanted to check in on him. I still can’t believe his wounds healed as fast as they did. Even our species don’t have the ability to heal that quickly. God, I would love to study him, or at least participate in it.”

As Helen watched John Doe’s breathing, she listened to the faint beeping of the monitoring equipment. It seemed to swell in the silence between them until her awareness kicked in. She glanced up at Carl and said, “I think we should.”
  
He cocked his head to one side and furrowed his brows. “What do you mean?”

Helen blinked nervously. On pure gut instinct, she felt like she could trust Carl. Hell, she’d known him practically her whole life. Helen had been best friends with his wife, Shawna since college, and co-workers for over ten years. Preparing herself, she just opened her mouth and told him everything, beginning with the files she found on Dr. Hans Autenburg’s patient, her years of tireless research, and rapping it up with her recent discovery—the cure for the Breedline aging process. All she needed to do was test it.

She stared across the patient at Carl, waiting for him to process everything she’d just told him. After several moments of silence, his mouth dropped as he tried to form words. But he was so shocked he didn’t know what to say. “This is a miracle,” he replied, excitement simmering in his voice. “I would be honored to help you, Helen.”

Letting out a sigh of relief, it occurred to her that she needed his help. On some level, she’d known this conversation was coming, and she couldn’t think of anyone else she could trust more than Carl.

Helen smiled. “Thank you, Carl. I was hoping I could count on you.”

****
Eve held onto Sebastian’s hand as they traveled through the portal to a charming English manor south of London. The estate belonged to his twin brother, Thomas. After his aunt—his mother’s sister that raised him passed away; he inherited her wealth. Glancing around the spacious reception hall, Eve stood astonished when she saw the Renaissance-style carved-wood staircase.

Standing inside the foyer, Sebastian checked his watch. The Cartier had diamonds all over it, and under the light from the overhead chandelier, the tiny gems glistened. 

“Greetings,” a familiar voice with a French accent came from behind them.

As they turned around, Sebastian rolled his eyes when Samuel Mercier came into view. It was a miracle he was still around. Sebastian assumed the bastard would eventually be caught and persecuted by the Breedline. After Jace’s Beast sent the Chiang-shih demon back to hell, all his council members—the ones who were still alive—came out of hiding and begged for his help. Wearing out their usefulness, Sebastian turned them down.

Narrowing his eyes, he glared at Samuel. “What the hell are you doing here?”

Samuel cleared his throat. “Mr. Carlyle asked me, and the rest of the council to join him.”

“Well, don’t just stand there like an idiot, where is he?”

Samuel nodded and motioned them into the dining area. “Please, right this way.”

Sebastian and Eve followed him into a minimalist dining room that occupied a former ballroom. As Sebastian watched Samuel, he hated to admit it, but he had the feeling Samuel was a little light in the loafers. No real man would move the way Samuel did. He walked with a feminine stride.   

“Would you like some coffee?” Samuel offered.

Sebastian waved at him in dismissal.  “Yeah, whatever.”

“Please, have a seat,” Samuel said graciously.

When Sebastian sat down at the formal dining table, he watched Samuel as he brought over two china cups with saucers, and poured their hot beverage nice and slow. Sugar was next, and the spoon he used to stir made a soft clinking sound. Samuel would have cheerfully wiped his ass if asked, Sebastian thought. At least the coffee was good, although he kept that to himself.

“Where is Thomas?” Sebastian demanded, lifting his cup with a frown. “I don’t like waiting.”

Just as Samuel opened his mouth to speak, the sound of several footsteps tapped across the marble floor.

“Welcome, brother,” Thomas announced, walking into the room with Fredrick Mercier and a tall, muscular male with a tattoo of a dragon on his arm. Recognizing the man standing by Fredrick, Sebastian crossed his arms and glared at them. “Well, I’m not surprised you managed to rustle up the rest of my father’s dumbass council.”

“I take it you’ve met Samuel's twin, Fredrick Mercier?” Thomas queried, and glanced at the tall male. “And I’m sure you remember Corbin Azzo?”

Easing back in his chair, Sebastian curled his lip in disgust. “Yeah, I remember them all too well.”

Turning in Eve’s direction, Thomas lowered his head. “You’re looking rather beautiful, Eve. I’m glad you agreed to come.”

Without saying a word, Eve stared at him and nodded.

Sebastian impatiently tapped the bottom of his ring on the table. “I’m surprised you have accepted the rest of my father’s council members,” he said in brooding sarcasm. “They’ve proven on countless occasions to be useless and incompetent.”   

Corbin scowled at Sebastian, his cheeks flushing. “We were always loyal to your father.”

Sebastian smiled a little and placed his palms on his lap. As Corbin kept his eyes on him, there was a temptation to pull the forty he had tucked inside his jacket and aim for Corbin’s family jewels.

Sebastian laughed. “Yes, you might be stupid, but you’re honest. You were loyal to your master. But now, my father is dead. So where does your loyalty lie now?”

Thomas interrupted. “His loyalty is with us. All of my men’s allegiance is with Lilith and us.”

Sebastian stood up and moved next to Corbin. As he stuck his face in Corbin’s, he said mockingly, “Glad to hear you’re still obedient. Instead of referring to me as master… you can call me God.

Thomas abruptly asked everyone to leave the room except Sebastian and Eve. He knew bringing in Sebastian’s fathers’ old council members would be like poking a hornet’s nest with a stick. Yes, there was potential for a loyal council, and where their destiny led, it was critical for success.

When they left them alone, Thomas sat down beside Sebastian and grinned.

Eve turned toward Thomas and said, “When do we meet Lilith?”

Within the short silence, someone or something glowing appeared at the far end of the room. As the unnatural ghostly form entered the doorway, its voice cast in an echo, “I am Lilith.”   

Sebastian’s eyes widened. A woman appeared before him as a glowing ghost with sparkling diamond-shaped eyes. He couldn’t quite pinpoint why she looked so familiar, but he swore he’d seen her before. The planes of her cheeks and chin cast in elegant, soft angles. Long brown hair flowed past her shoulders and covered her breasts. She wore a robe made of unique, shimmering white fabric, and a thick silk, gold belt captured the weight of it all.

“Greetings,” came a low, seductive voice. “I am the one whom you seek.”

The S’s strung out until it sounded like the warning of a rattler’s tail.

A thrill rushed through Sebastian, tingling down to the fly of his pants. Her presence sent off power, and after all, that was the biggest turn-on in his eyes. The thing that was standing before them was all about authority.

A long, elegant hand reached out to Eve. Lilith’s smile was stone-cold as her eyes flashed brightly to the point of malevolence.

“Where is the child?” Lilith’s voice blended the words into one another, and Sebastian found himself addicted to the sound.

When Lilith stood face-to-face with Eve, she cringed in fear.

“Fear not,” Lilith murmured. “I will not harm you.”

Thomas cleared his throat like he was trying to get her attention. “The child is within the protection of the Breedline Covenant,” he stated. “When it’s time, we’ll retrieve him without haste and bring him to you.”

Lilith smiled. Her smooth face shifted into a self-satisfied expression. “There will be a death involved. It is merely what is required to begin the child’s transition.”

“Death?” Sebastian questioned. “Who’s the target?”

Turning in his direction, Lilith asked, “Are you committing yourself to the act?”

It wasn’t clear to him exactly how far he was willing to go. Getting his hands dirty inside the Breedline Covenant had not been part of his original plan. Sebastian rose to his feet. “It depends on who you want dead.”

When Lilith touched his hand, Sebastian felt electricity lick up his arm. And then he watched as her lips formed into a wicked grin. “The Queen,” she said icily.

To be continued...
 
 

 



Book of the Month contest entry


NOTE: This is not part of the chapter. A reference for terms and characters, especially for new readers:

BREEDLINE - A species of humans that have the ability to change from human form into a wolf. They are not like the old legend of the Lycanthropy myth. Breedline species can shift into their wolf at will. The moon has no power over them. They do not pass their ability to other humans with a bite or scratch like the Lycanthropy myth.
The Breedline gene is passed down to offspring that are born identical twins. Although they live amongst human, their species must be kept secret.
In wolf form, they have super strength, speed, and heightened senses. Their lifespan is the same as a normal human, but they are immune to illness and disease. Only a silver bullet to the brain will kill them. All males change into their wolf at the age of eighteen. Females do not go through the change until they make love to their Breedline bonded mate.

BREEDLINE TWINS - Identical twins that are born from either one or both parents of the Breedline species. They have a strong, unbreakable bond from birth, are born with telepathic abilities, and have the power to sense the other's emotions or injuries. In some cases, the bond between twins are so strong, if one dies, the other twin may pass on, especially if they don't have a mate.

BREEDLINE BONDING - The male Breedline spends their life in search of their bonded mate. When the male comes in contact with her, he instantly feels a simultaneous, desirable attraction and she becomes the most important thing in his life. He is there to love, protect, and cherish her until death. Once they are mated, they bond for life. It is possible for them to have more than one mate in their lifespan.

BELOVED - A word used by a Breedline to express the bond to their mate.

DOUBLE BONDED - In some cases, male Breedline twins bond with the same female; but one will carry a stronger bond. Usually one of them must sacrifice for the other twin.

BREEDLINE COVENANT - The Breedline species must live within the boundaries of a Covenant, which is only formed with their species. The Covenant is governed and ruled by a head council. The council keeps their laws in order and oversees the species population.

THE BREEDLINE QUEEN - Over centuries the Breedline Covenant is ruled by a true Queen. If there is no Queen living, the Covenants are governed by an appointed head council until another Queen is born. A Breedline Queen is born once every one hundred years. Her massive stature, black fur, and red eyes are the Queen's trademarks. Her alpha wolf has twice the strength, speed, and size of any Breedline. The Queen is expected to rule over all the Breedline Covenants where she will be respected and obeyed by all Breedline. This is their absolute True Law.

THE QUEENS RING - This ring has been passed down to all Breedline Queens for generations. When the new Queen places the ring on, it instantly shifts in size to fit her finger.

TRUE LAW - All Breedline Covenants have an ancient book of laws. If either sex disobeys the Breedline laws, they can be shunned, or no longer protected by their Covenant. If a Breedline takes another life out of revenge, or evil - other than protecting their life, and the life of another - they will never have the ability to shift back human and cast out as a rogue wolf.

ROGUE WOLF - A Breedline shunned by their Covenant for taking another life out of revenge or evil and forced to live as a wolf until death without the ability to change human again. Some rogue wolves form into packs, which can be dangerous for other Breedline species.

RED (BLOOD) MOON - When the full moon passes through the amber shadow of the earth, producing a midnight eclipse visible across North America. So begins a lunar eclipse tetrad, a series of four consecutive total eclipses occurring at approximately six-month intervals. This incredible light beams into the heart of earth's shadow, filling it with a coppery glow and transforming the moon into a great red orb. During this time, all Breedline species that are mated have a strong desire to create offspring. This is also a time when Breedline females are more fertile for the conception of twins.

CHIANG-SHIH DEMON (Kiang shi, a.k.a Ramael Arminius) - An ancient demon that inhabits the body of a Breedline fetus before it's born, or during a Breedline's death. It continues to take the soul over the natural lifespan of the child, or the deceased Breedline. When the demon possesses a fetus, it breaks the bonding and telepathic abilities of their twin when they are born. If the demon possesses a deceased Breedline's body, it must do so before the soul passes on. If the soul is not intact, the body will soon die.
In most cases, the Chiang-shih demon will take the life of the other twin, even before their birth. The twin that is born with the demon will bring only evil to whomever they encounter. Their sole purpose is to gain full control of another soul and seek world domination.
There are two ways the demon is cast from the soul it possesses: By its firstborn son, and the Angel of Mercy, Zadkiel. The Beast is the only one who can kill a Chiang-shih demon.

THE BEAST - He is the second born son of the Chiang-shih demon. When provoked into a rage, he will shift into his Beast instead of his Breedline wolf. The Beast is an enormous, dangerous two-footed creature that has wolf-like features. One bite has enough venom to kill the Chiang-shih demon and leave the soul of the person the demon possessed unharmed.

SHADOW WALKER (a.k.a Shadow Figure, or Black Mass) - The perception of a patch of shadow as a living, humanoid figure, particularly interpreted by the Breedline as the presence of a malevolent entity. When a Breedline species dies and does not pass on to the other side, they are left to roam the earth as a shadow of themselves - a ghost. They will not pass on until they have settled unfinished business before their death.

ZADKIEL (Tzadqiel, a.k.a "Righteousness of God") - The Archangel of freedom, benevolence, and mercy, and the Patron Angel of all who forgives. Breedline species tradition considers him to be the Angel of Mercy.

SUCCUBUS (a.k.a CREEPERS) - Creatures that search for, and feeds off the blood of the Breedline species. Creepers are skilled at extreme sexual pleasure, and the ecstasy they create is exceedingly intense and highly addictive. They cast off a scent that hypnotizes Breedlines into overwhelming sexual urges. They use their human-like bodies and beautiful features to control and influence their thoughts.
They have the ability to reach into the Breedline's mind during sleep, casting a spell of dreams about sexual contact, or intercourse. And one much less obvious manifestation of Creepers is nightmares - realistic, graphic, terrifying nightmares that rob the Breedline of sleep. Over a period, it can lead to severe fatigue and depression, leaving them emotionally and spiritually drained. Death can occur if they completely take over the Breedline's body.

HALF-BREED - This species is born with the genes from both Breedline and succubus. They can bond with either a full-blood Breedline or another half-breed. They do not have the ability to change into the Breedline wolf, but they do need blood from them to survive. With the power to hypnotize, most Breedlines have minimal respect and credence toward the half-breed species.

WICCA (or Wise One) - According to the Breedline species, a Wicca is the goddess of magic, witchcraft, the night, moon, ghosts, and necromancy. A Wicca is also considered to be a demonic spirit. It is unclear to the Breedline if they act under the orders of the devil, or they are simply not understood and treated as outcasts. They have the ability to do white magic (good) or dark (evil).

KATAKO (a.k.a Lucas, or Dark Shadow) - He is the Chiang-shih demon's offspring that is born both Breedline and Wiccan. After one year, the Katako develops into an adult with the mind of a child, without reaching full maturity. It has the power to appear translucent, or become completely invisible. Being born half Breedline, it can shift into a wolf and transform, or mimic another creature with the power to instantly travel from one place to another. Their true purpose of creation is to bring forth the souls stuck in purgatory by using one drop of its blood. The Breedline Queen's bite is the only way to destroy it.

GOLEMS (a.k.a The Death Army) - Evil creatures created by dark Wiccans with the power of necromancy. By releasing the souls of demons stuck in purgatory, the Wicca can give them the ability to shape into a creature that is made from earth. These creatures have various qualities, such as mass strength, enormous stature, and the power to consume their victims by saturating them with mud.

GUARDIANS (a.k.a Spirits of the Forest) - They originated during the Middle Ages with the purpose of protecting all creatures, especially the Breedline from the destruction of any creation made by a dark Wicca. They have the ability to stay invisible with the power to move through any barrier and over any distance instantly.

THERIOMORPH - This species is born with the genes of a Breedline, but do not have the ability to change into a Breedline wolf. They shape shift into an enormous black panther. They possess powers of mind manipulation and random visions of the future. They must use the drug dopamine to suppress their urges. Their eye color shifts into a glowing lavender when their Theriomorph nature takes over. The Breedline see them as a threat to their species.

Jace Chamberlain (a.k.a The Beast) - He is a Breedline species which later discovers his birth father - who is possessed by the Chiang-shih demon - murdered his mother when he and his twin brother were four years old. Raised by their new foster family and their uncle Jacks, he later discovers he was born with a curse of the Beast. With the help of his twin brother Jem, and his bonded mate Tessa, they help him cope with his rage to keep the Beast at bay. He's an IT engineer and is the lead singer and plays acoustic guitar in the band Chaos.

Jem Chamberlain (a.k.a The Chosen Son) - He is a Breedline species and Jace's twin brother. He carries the gene of the Chiang-shih demon that gives him the power to create a portal, and a force of electric energy used as a weapon, and other powers he discovers later. His bonded mate is Mia Blackwood, and he's an IT engineer and the drummer in the band Chaos.

Tessa Fairchild - She was born into the human world and later discovers she's a Breedline. Abandoned by her parents, she was raised by her Aunt and Uncle without the knowledge of being born a twin. After she meets Jace, they become bonded mates. During her first change into her Breedline wolf, she is the new Breedline Queen. She is an inspiring artist.

Dr. John and Sarah Chamberlain - They are Jace, Jem and Cassie's adopted human parents. They are physicians in a children's unit, and also donates their time to the emergency center.

Chester and Amelia Ewan - They are called Guardians - a species originated during the Middle Ages with the purpose of protecting all creatures, especially the Breedline from the destruction of any creation made by a dark Wiccan.

Jackson Gray - He is Jace and Jem's biological uncle, Katlyn Gray's older brother. Although he carries the gene of the Breedline, he does not shift into a wolf. Only Breedlines born with an identical twin have the ability to change into their wolf. He's a medical supply pilot.

Mia Blackwood - She is a half-breed and Jem's bonded mate. Abandoned at birth and raised in human foster care, she later finds her twin sister, Eve.

EVE - She is a half-breed and Sebastian's bonded mate. Growing up in human foster care, she spent her entire childhood abused until Sebastian saves her. Scorned from her past, she lashes out in anger, living a life of crime later to discover her twin sister, Mia Blackwood. After realizing the Chiang-shih demon possesses Sebastian, Eve clings to the past in hopes of reuniting with her beloved. Now that Sebastian is finally free of the demon, she has trust issues, worried he has an alternative plan for their sons.

Sebastian Crow - He is a half-breed, and Eve's bonded mate. After he had been killed by Jace in self- defense, he was possessed by the Chiang-shih demon after the Angel of Mercy cast him out of Alexander's body. As he tried to portray Sebastian's life, Eve finally figured out his secret. Keeping her captive only to survive on her blood, he later develops feelings for her. The demon creates a death army, determined to dominate the world and unleash his wrath amongst humans and the Breedline. Now free from the demon, he is determined to reunite with his beloved Eve who is kept prisoner by the Breedline Covenant awaiting trial for her past crimes against them.

Alexander Crest - He is a Breedline who was possessed by the Chiang-shih demon before birth. Murdering his family, Alexander kidnapped his twin's bonded mate, Katlyn Gray. Keeping her prisoner against her will, she becomes pregnant with his twins. As she managed to escape before she gave birth, Alexander eventually kills her in a fit of rage. Returning for his chosen son twenty-two years later, he is determined to convince him to join his army. After the battle between the Breedline, the demon is finally cast out of Alexander setting his soul free. For the demon's past crimes, Alexander is pardoned and must reside in the Breedline Covenant. Praying for forgiveness, he reunites with his twin sons, Jace and Jem. As he fights to keep his new family safe, romance blossoms with Dr. Helen Carrington.

Tim Ross - He is a Breedline species and head council of the California Covenant. Angel, his bonded mate - who is a half-breed - has Tim's daughter they named Natalie, after her sister.

Angel - She is a half-breed and Tim's bonded mate.

Natalie - She is a half-breed and Tim and Angel's daughter.

Kyle Jones - He is a Breedline species that resides in the California Covenant. Having lost his family to a house fire at childhood, his uncle Tim Ross has raised him since. Celina Baldolf is his bonded mate. He's a mechanic and also Jace and Jem's close friend, and plays bass in the rock band Chaos.

Casey Barton - He was born of the Breedline species, and lives in the California Covenant. He was adopted by Tim Ross's brother and carries a deep dark secret, afraid to reveal to the Breedline. He is a clothing model and plays backup bass and keyboards in the band Chaos.

Dr. Helen Carrington - She is a Breedline species and a physician at the California Bates hospital for both Breedlines and humans. Later, she discovers Jace and Jem carry a gene, possibly used for a cure to stop the aging process in her species. After Alexander's demon is banished, he is pardoned for all past crimes and welcomed into the Breedline Covenant. When he meets Helen, they become bonded mates.

Drakon Hexus - He is a Breedline species. At a young age, his first bonded mate was killed by her father. In a rage, he hunts and kills her murderer, breaking the Breedline's True Law. Shunned by his Covenant and forced to live as a rogue wolf, he's promised his humanity back if he joins the Chiang-shih demon's army. After Drakon discovers the demon's plans to destroy all humans and half-breeds, he betrays him and joins forces with the Breedline. As time passes, he bonds with another mate, Cassie Chamberlain.

Cassie Chamberlain - Adopted at age two by Jace and Jem's adopted parents after her mother abandons her. Later, she discovers she is a Breedline species and bonds with the handsome Drakon Hexus. She is a nurse practitioner, specializing in the neonatal intensive care unit.

Malachi O'Conner - He was born a Breedline species, and shunned by the Breedline Covenant after breaking their True Law. Alexander Crest's demon later forced him into joining his army of rogue wolves. After he had tried to escape, he endured cruel torture from the Alexander's Chiang-shih demon. He was later rescued by the Breedline and pardoned for his past crimes.

Celina Baldolf - She is a Breedline species with the power of a Wiccan, but only practices white witchcraft. Her twin sister Taliah - a dark Wicca - murdered their parents when they were twelve years old. Dr. Helen Carrington is their aunt, and Kyle Jones is Celina's Breedline bonded mate. She is an editor for a local publishing company.

Taliah Baldolf - She is a Breedline species and the mother of the Katako. Using her powers as a dark Wiccan, she joins forces with the Chiang-shih demon to create his death army. After she threatens to kill the Breedline Queen, the Beast overpowers her and sends her to her death.

Samuel Mercier - He is a Breedline and a council member from France that has secretly turned against his own Covenant to help the Chiang-shih demon. He and his other Breedline traitors go into hiding after the Breedline destroy the demon, desperate to seek revenge against the Covenant.

Fredrick Mercier - He is a Breedline and Samuel Mercier's identical twin. Also, he's a council member from France that has secretly turned against the Covenant to help the Chiang-shih demon.

Corbin Azzo - He is a Breedline and a council member that has turned against the Covenant to help the Chiang-shih demon.



Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. scongrove All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
scongrove has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.