Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted August 3, 2017


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Sifting through the clutter of yesterday.

Selection (Haibun style)

by DALLAS01

Selections

My life is an enigma. It unfolds to the rhythm of my moods. Every day, I reach into my wardrobe and choose from a variety of fabrics vying for my attention. Snickering, they lay in wait, dangling from the unhinged mind that coddles them. Some are drab. They droop at the notion of putting forth any effort. Others, remnants of the past, beckon me to slip into some kind of a bi-polar dance of unpleasant memories. Crimson convulsions of anger; yellow-striped hues of fear; and heavy titanium armor, meant to keep the world at bay, battle to forge my identity.
misery
writes its epitaph
in shades of choice

But hiding in the wrinkled folds of change, pastel shades of new beginnings shake up the status-quo. A ripple of reason emerges. Serenity drapes its quiet message over the bellowing negatives, tucking them in for a much-needed rest.

In the midst of this flurry of finery, I find myself grabbing hold of a positive day.



Poem of the Month contest entry


Thanks to Lillia for the perfect artwork.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. DALLAS01 All rights reserved.
DALLAS01 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.