Biographical Non-Fiction posted July 29, 2017 Chapters:  ...30 31 -32- 33... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
...a bit of a rant

A chapter in the book Family Poems and Stories 2010-2017

Strong Black Coffee

by Mustang Patty


Strong coffee is a big part of my life.  It's surprising too, because I didn't even start drinking coffee until I was twenty-five.  I've read so many conflicting reports about whether it's healthy, or even recommended, to drink coffee, I'm truly lost as to what to do.  There seems to be a consensus about how much coffee is good; I'm pretty sure I exceed that daily.
 

These days, I work on small projects I take on to keep busy, and then there's life on FanStory.  Over the past few months, I've had more projects than usual, and life with the dogs and my hubby make for full days.  I've been fitting in writing Howie and Bernie stories to sell to the veterinarian websites, along with my other writing to post as part of the family here.
 
Small business consulting is a great source of pleasure for me.  Over the past thirty years, I've had to learn the ins and outs of all kinds of businesses.  I've worked with the owners of landscaping companies and muffler repair, and everything from architectural firms to recycling associations.  Each work environment gave me a myriad of new information and added to my vocabulary and knowledge of acronyms.
 
Writing technical guides and how-to instructions for end-users is tedious work.  Consumption of large amounts of coffee has gotten me through breaking down tasks into systematic directions.  Along the way, I've learned how to use many different types of software, and the easiest way to help differing types of people learn how to do what they need to do daily.
 
You may have noticed that coffee plays a role in almost every one of my stories.  There is always the mention of a cup of coffee, or making some, or the empty pot.  It just showed up in several stories on its own, and then I decided to use it as my own special signature to my pieces.  If any of you were ever to come to my house, you would see me with the ever-present mug in my hands.  I usually use my 'Grammy' cup pictured here.  The cup was one of my main Christmas presents from my grandbabies; my children are aware of my coffee obsession.
 
If my writing seems off, or my reviews offend you – blame it on the lack of coffee.  It could never be that I, like everyone else, had a bad day. 
 
Yup, I'm a bit touchy right now.  Being attacked by writers for bad reviews is one of my least favorite things in my online safe place, FanStory.
 

 
 



Recognized


I do not wish to offend anyone with this post, and I'm not pointing any fingers. I'm just letting off a bit of steam.

I really do love you guys.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mustang Patty All rights reserved.
Mustang Patty has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.